Costes by Hotel Costes

2.6

on 8/22/2012 12:11:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

This was suggested to me because I love Tam Dao. I don't get the similarity at all, other than they are both linear and not sweet. Tam Dao is a freight train of cedar and sandalwood, and Costes smells like those cinnamon-scented pinecones that turn up in craft stores in September. Sorta/barely woody with a lot of cinnamon. Not a surprise that this was originally an environmental scent, and it would make a great home scent from Halloween until New Year's. Not offensive in any way, but it's the sort of fragrance people will attribute to your breath lozenge instead of you.

on 10/25/2009 9:59:00 PM

I love this scent, but I already own it in a 10 Corso Como bottle.

on 3/16/2009 3:10:00 AM

Spicy, unsweet, room fragrance. More masculine than feminine. Good lasting power, no sillage. Not for me; reminds me of a room freshener, not a perfume to wear.

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

I may end up getting a decant of this one. I don't think I need a FB of it but it's very pleasant and wearable. It is not a strong fragrance, it stikes me as a thinner, more skin-close cousin to YSL Nu, with more laurel. I definitely kept resniffing my arm during the day. It's a spicy, herbal incense and woods scent that is very nice. Lovely presentation, too. I already have YSL Nu in the EDT and the EDP, body cream, so I don't believe I *need* a full bottle of Costes, but a decant would do very nicely. Definitely a unisex scent.

on 8/15/2006 2:10:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Don't care for it. Smells like being at camp wearing Off. Piney and bug-spray.