Costes by Hotel Costes

No Image

2.6

on 3/4/2008 9:27:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm

This would make a nice home fragrance...it's a quiet mix of potpourri and incense. It has a brisk sportiness at first spritz and then it mellows down to a creamy cedar. I don't mind smelling this in the air...I wouldn't wear it as a perfume - too masculine overall.

on 6/23/2007 4:46:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Knife-edged spicy--coriander strikes again. If the hotel I was staying at smelled like this, I'd feel an undercurrent of anxiety until I checked out.

on 3/3/2006 3:14:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Other, Straight, Fine

Unfortunately the woods in Costes dominated on me. The home fragrance
products might be a better use than as a personal scent.

Hair: Black, Straight, Other

My skin does not usually get along with pepper (particularly pepper combined with rose) so I always passed by this perfume when selecting samples. Based upon the positive comments by reviewers who seem to have similar skin chemistry/taste as me however, I decided to go for it. And I am *so* glad that I did – because his smells almost EXACTLY like Vinci-Rakos Earth / Tipton Charles Sandalwood on my skin! Tipton Charles was the tiniest bit too sweet and creamy at times, and while I liked the gentleness of Earth, I dislike applying perfume oils. I have been searching high and low for an EDT version…and it is Costes! Costes is a little bit more complex than either of the two, but is still so clean, warm, fresh, soft, gentle, and just a bit woodsy and floral. The incense notes do not come out on me at all, which I am very happy about. I would absolutely buy this again – in fact, I want the matching shower gel, lotion, and candle too!

Skin: Normal, Medium, Cool

I really enjoyed this fragrance (thanks Razzy!) It's the first scent I have tried that has a truly beautiful lavender top note that doesn't smell like air freshener. Costes is a lovely blend of lavender, woods and soapy spices on me, with a touch of rose mixed in. (There is some incense, but it is very light.) It's a lovely mellow, spicy scent to wear in the autumn. I can't give it full marks though, because it only lasted 3 hours on me. Still, definitely worth looking for a decant!