Costes by Hotel Costes

No Image

2.3

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

I may end up getting a decant of this one. I don't think I need a FB of it but it's very pleasant and wearable. It is not a strong fragrance, it stikes me as a thinner, more skin-close cousin to YSL Nu, with more laurel. I definitely kept resniffing my arm during the day. It's a spicy, herbal incense and woods scent that is very nice. Lovely presentation, too. I already have YSL Nu in the EDT and the EDP, body cream, so I don't believe I *need* a full bottle of Costes, but a decant would do very nicely. Definitely a unisex scent.

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

It is very woody and does not let up on drying down being less heady. Costes notes: lavender, bay-tree, coriander, white pepper, rose, incense, woods and light musk. It smells just like upscale hotel shower gel you get as a sample. Why did they make this a scent? I think the candle might be nicer for a room fragrance. Too dark and doesn't let the light in.

on 1/28/2006 4:04:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

Yuck! Yuck! Yuck! In my quest to find the best smelling perfumes no matter the cost, I really failed at this one. It just stinks. Smells like cinammon, but not as good. And the headache it gave me makes me cringe at the $125 bottle every time I look at it.

Popular Fragrances