Costes by Hotel Costes

No Image

3.6

on 2/4/2010 4:12:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure

This along with tam dao are my all time favorite winter scents. It is woodsy and "cinnaminY"- perfect for cold and blustery days. This is not your average scent and is quite costly, but if you like great aromatics, this is great to try!

on 4/20/2009 7:24:00 PM

2012 : I love this scent now - I didn't like it in 2009 . Spicey , aromatic yet cleanish and soapy ,ambient and quite soothing. Lasting power is mediocre but the scent is uber chic .

on 3/16/2009 3:10:00 AM

Spicy, unsweet, room fragrance. More masculine than feminine. Good lasting power, no sillage. Not for me; reminds me of a room freshener, not a perfume to wear.

I think this would smell fabulous on a man. Yes, it is really nice on me, but I think I would prefer it on a man. Costes is not particularly masculine. This is actually very unisex. I still think I want to smell it on a man--or maybe I just want a man? I think that's it! I think I just need a man :p Back to Costes- it's good. Maybe a man in a pilot suit? Yes, that's it! It's very spicy, but clean- like a clean cut fine looking tall American in uniform. Ah! I need to get me one of those! Should I order on line or over the phone? I think Lucky Scent has them in stock.

Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium

Love Costes! Olivia Giacobetti is a master perfumer! . All of Ms. Giacobetti's fragrances are light, well balanced, almost ethereal; her fragrances can float on gossamer wings or echo subtle nuances of space and time. Costes is no exception. It has everything going for it.. spicey, clean, herbal -- woodsy and just a great unisex fragrance. I can't imagine anyone hating this! It's a cameleon of a scent that could role play any situation albeit.. sexy, clean -- highly chic ... casually elegant. On a man this would be HOT but on the most petite feminine woman a knock out of a fragrance. Basically, as long as it works with your chemistry, Costes can go anywhere you go and be anything you need. It's seasonless- timeless, elegance, sure to become a classic. I would love a full bottle.

on 3/1/2007 10:32:00 PM

Love it on my husband. Reminds me when we stayed at the Costes K in Paris... Is far to masculine for me, even though I like clean, green fragrances.

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Medium

I really wanted to like Costes, but alas, it did not work for me. Too masculine and even a hint of nail polish remover on me. It is a quality made fragrance, regardless of how the notes disagree with my chemistry. Therefore, I am giving it 2 lippies instead of 1 in recognition of the quality.

on 7/30/2006 6:42:00 PM

As a fragrance this is simply too woody for me without anything feminine in it to tamper it down. It's dry and singular. I much prefer the home fragrance, now that is drool worthy.

on 7/24/2006 2:01:00 AM

FRAGRANCE & THE MOVIES:THE PURPLE ROSE OF CAIRO

In this romantic nostalgic comedy waitress Cecilia (Mia Farrow)drawn her sorrows and feed her dreams watching movies.it's the Depression Years and the male heroes are brave and unbeatablev with the bad guys and kind,suave and tender with the(good)ladies.As Cecilia magically enters into the screen world Jeff Daniels(who plays both the movie hero,with the previews characteristics and the actor who is a total asshole)presents to me the right person to wear this soft woody spice perfume.Gentle and well-bred with just a hint of adventure in the modern world.

Hair: Black, Straight, Other

My skin does not usually get along with pepper (particularly pepper combined with rose) so I always passed by this perfume when selecting samples. Based upon the positive comments by reviewers who seem to have similar skin chemistry/taste as me however, I decided to go for it. And I am *so* glad that I did – because his smells almost EXACTLY like Vinci-Rakos Earth / Tipton Charles Sandalwood on my skin! Tipton Charles was the tiniest bit too sweet and creamy at times, and while I liked the gentleness of Earth, I dislike applying perfume oils. I have been searching high and low for an EDT version…and it is Costes! Costes is a little bit more complex than either of the two, but is still so clean, warm, fresh, soft, gentle, and just a bit woodsy and floral. The incense notes do not come out on me at all, which I am very happy about. I would absolutely buy this again – in fact, I want the matching shower gel, lotion, and candle too!