Costes by Hotel Costes

Filtered by skin tone : Other
No Image

3.2

I was surprised at how much I did not care for Costes. I admire and own decants of Diptyque's Tam Dao and 10 Corso Como, the two fragrances with which Costes is most typically compared and thought Costes would be a slam dunk. However, I don't find many similarities. Ts to my nose, Costes smells like a big bundle of cinnamon bark, with a bit of cheapish sandalwood/musk thrown into the middle notes. I had to wash it off before the base notes appeared as I was about to gag. Sorry 'bout that! (bad reviewer, bad reviewer!)

I have heard that Hotel Costes liberally scents their entire hotel with their Costes perfume and if that is the case, I think I'll be staying somewhere else next time my travel plans call for Paris.

Here are the notes, per The Perfumed Court: lavender, bay-tree, coriander, white pepper, rose, incense, woods and light musk.

on 9/10/2007 8:24:00 PM

Costes is 10 Corso Como's quieter younger sister. It's definetely not as in-your-face as 10CC, but the overall feeling is similar. Incensey woods and rose with the additional soapiness of lavendar. This is a nice one for summer-to-fall.

I think this would smell fabulous on a man. Yes, it is really nice on me, but I think I would prefer it on a man. Costes is not particularly masculine. This is actually very unisex. I still think I want to smell it on a man--or maybe I just want a man? I think that's it! I think I just need a man :p Back to Costes- it's good. Maybe a man in a pilot suit? Yes, that's it! It's very spicy, but clean- like a clean cut fine looking tall American in uniform. Ah! I need to get me one of those! Should I order on line or over the phone? I think Lucky Scent has them in stock.

on 9/23/2005 1:47:00 PM

Got the chance to sample this today; love the scent, hate the lasting-power, thus a *** lippies only. For that reason only, I won't be buying it.

on 7/22/2005 2:35:00 PM

Gorgeous French perfume with predominant wood and incense notes. I smell lavender in the top notes, which gives it a fresh, intriguing quality (some may call it 'soapy'). The drydown is a warm, musky rose mixed with sandalwood. It's moody and mysterious, which is how I like my perfumes, and pretty much everything else.

Popular Fragrances