Costes by Hotel Costes

No Image

3.5

Skin: Normal, Tan, Warm

I LOVE this scent and I am not attracted to woodsy scents at all. I received this in a gift bag from a friend and I have no idea where to purchase it and I don't know how much it costs. At first application it has a heavy cinnamon and spice scent to it. I read a review where someone described it as a chai latte scent. It dries down to what I can only describe as something that reminds me of the woods and ocean. An "aqua woodsy" scent perhaps?I'm not good at describing scents but this is definitely different and definitely unisex--perhaps more on the masculine side and I love that. This is definitely a fall/winter scent and would be overbearing in the summer.

on 2/4/2010 4:12:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure

This along with tam dao are my all time favorite winter scents. It is woodsy and "cinnaminY"- perfect for cold and blustery days. This is not your average scent and is quite costly, but if you like great aromatics, this is great to try!

on 10/25/2009 9:59:00 PM

I love this scent, but I already own it in a 10 Corso Como bottle.

on 4/20/2009 7:24:00 PM

2012 : I love this scent now - I didn't like it in 2009 . Spicey , aromatic yet cleanish and soapy ,ambient and quite soothing. Lasting power is mediocre but the scent is uber chic .

on 5/13/2008 12:45:00 PM

I've been wearing Costes by Hôtel Costes for about week now--I can't seem to get enough of it. It reminds me of 10CC (which I also love), but the bay and lavender rounds it out. I spritz this stuff pretty heavily and it lasts all day without ever becoming overbearing.

It's unique, comforting, and very wearable.

Edit: I am in love with everything Costes.

on 11/12/2007 9:04:00 AM

I am really enjoying this delicious subtle scent. If you enjoy aromatics, this will please. I see it being compared to several incense scents, and yes I can smell a similarity to 10 Corso Como which I love. But Costes is more subtle and smooth than 10CC. The opening is warmer than the drydown but I enjoy the entire ride. This has a comforting "home" smell to it,I would call Costes a "soul scent". I will definitely repurchase and may even buy a back up now!

Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium

Love Costes! Olivia Giacobetti is a master perfumer! . All of Ms. Giacobetti's fragrances are light, well balanced, almost ethereal; her fragrances can float on gossamer wings or echo subtle nuances of space and time. Costes is no exception. It has everything going for it.. spicey, clean, herbal -- woodsy and just a great unisex fragrance. I can't imagine anyone hating this! It's a cameleon of a scent that could role play any situation albeit.. sexy, clean -- highly chic ... casually elegant. On a man this would be HOT but on the most petite feminine woman a knock out of a fragrance. Basically, as long as it works with your chemistry, Costes can go anywhere you go and be anything you need. It's seasonless- timeless, elegance, sure to become a classic. I would love a full bottle.

on 3/1/2007 10:32:00 PM

Love it on my husband. Reminds me when we stayed at the Costes K in Paris... Is far to masculine for me, even though I like clean, green fragrances.

on 7/19/2006 12:58:00 PM

Ordered a sample of this from Aedes. Really loved the soapy note, but was unsure if it was FBW. Went to NYC this past week and made a stop at Aedes to sniff some scents. DH loved Costes and wanted a bottle for himself. We ordered the spray for him, but I think I will be sneaking into it also. I just love the soapy note in this. It is such a wonderful scent. Love the red bottle too. Just an all around beautiful scent for a man or a woman.

on 5/1/2006 12:45:00 AM

I am wearing a sample of Costes right now (and I am IN LOVE with wood scents).. I am still reeling from my purchase of Silver Rain by the fabulous La Prairie (hated it--too sweet for me) but this I must have!

Popular Fragrances