Costes by Hotel Costes

Filtered by age: 44-55
No Image

3.4

on 11/12/2007 9:04:00 AM

I am really enjoying this delicious subtle scent. If you enjoy aromatics, this will please. I see it being compared to several incense scents, and yes I can smell a similarity to 10 Corso Como which I love. But Costes is more subtle and smooth than 10CC. The opening is warmer than the drydown but I enjoy the entire ride. This has a comforting "home" smell to it,I would call Costes a "soul scent". I will definitely repurchase and may even buy a back up now!

on 5/1/2006 12:45:00 AM

I am wearing a sample of Costes right now (and I am IN LOVE with wood scents).. I am still reeling from my purchase of Silver Rain by the fabulous La Prairie (hated it--too sweet for me) but this I must have!

on 8/25/2005 11:54:00 AM

I love this fragrance,it reminds me of autumn my favorite season.It is rather sweet but also a bit spicy or maybe a little masculine,so I am not sure if I would purchase a bottle for myself.I think I prefer it as a home scent,linen spray and candle for the cool weather months. I could imagine taking the candle and spray to a lakeside mountain chalet.Very fitting.

First Review: I think this is a fragrance for those who like baby powder scents.
Second Review: On second testing of this scent, a very fresh sample from Aedes, I like it. There is a touch of Ivory soap in the drydown, about 1/2 hr. in, like others have said, but overall, I find this a very sexy, complex spice and think it would be absolutely lovely for the winter holidays!

on 10/18/2007 2:10:00 PM

I have this and do like it but it does seem to be more of a mans smell especially since my husbands arm and hammer deoderent smells almost exactly the same I keep thinking he put my costes on but he didn't.

on 6/23/2007 4:46:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Knife-edged spicy--coriander strikes again. If the hotel I was staying at smelled like this, I'd feel an undercurrent of anxiety until I checked out.

on 3/3/2006 3:14:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Other, Straight, Fine

Unfortunately the woods in Costes dominated on me. The home fragrance
products might be a better use than as a personal scent.