Costes by Hotel Costes

Filtered by age: 30-35
No Image

3.0

on 3/16/2009 3:10:00 AM

Spicy, unsweet, room fragrance. More masculine than feminine. Good lasting power, no sillage. Not for me; reminds me of a room freshener, not a perfume to wear.

on 5/13/2008 12:45:00 PM

I've been wearing Costes by Hôtel Costes for about week now--I can't seem to get enough of it. It reminds me of 10CC (which I also love), but the bay and lavender rounds it out. I spritz this stuff pretty heavily and it lasts all day without ever becoming overbearing.

It's unique, comforting, and very wearable.

Edit: I am in love with everything Costes.

I'm so very happy to have a good-sized decant of this via swap - it's a very clean, soapy, spicy sandalwood and I find it pleasantly bracing - a good scent for focusing on something (I'm easily given to daydreaming - the laurel, lavender, and pepper make this scent a promising study buddy, though I'm finding that it sweetens considerably on my skin after a little while, and the sweetness at first contrasts unpleasantly with the intense pine note, and then goes quite incensy. I think comparisons of this to 10 Corso Como are apt - as I mentioned in my review of that one, 10 Corso Como tried to kill me by completely shutting down my respiratory system. Hear that, writers of CSI? Let's have a dead-perfumista episode! Anyway, Costes is much less violent on me. Still far too intense to put on before bed or for romantic wear, but quite nice in its own way.

on 8/15/2006 2:10:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Don't care for it. Smells like being at camp wearing Off. Piney and bug-spray.

on 7/30/2006 6:42:00 PM

As a fragrance this is simply too woody for me without anything feminine in it to tamper it down. It's dry and singular. I much prefer the home fragrance, now that is drool worthy.

on 7/24/2006 2:01:00 AM

FRAGRANCE & THE MOVIES:THE PURPLE ROSE OF CAIRO

In this romantic nostalgic comedy waitress Cecilia (Mia Farrow)drawn her sorrows and feed her dreams watching movies.it's the Depression Years and the male heroes are brave and unbeatablev with the bad guys and kind,suave and tender with the(good)ladies.As Cecilia magically enters into the screen world Jeff Daniels(who plays both the movie hero,with the previews characteristics and the actor who is a total asshole)presents to me the right person to wear this soft woody spice perfume.Gentle and well-bred with just a hint of adventure in the modern world.

on 7/19/2006 12:58:00 PM

Ordered a sample of this from Aedes. Really loved the soapy note, but was unsure if it was FBW. Went to NYC this past week and made a stop at Aedes to sniff some scents. DH loved Costes and wanted a bottle for himself. We ordered the spray for him, but I think I will be sneaking into it also. I just love the soapy note in this. It is such a wonderful scent. Love the red bottle too. Just an all around beautiful scent for a man or a woman.

on 1/28/2006 4:04:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

Yuck! Yuck! Yuck! In my quest to find the best smelling perfumes no matter the cost, I really failed at this one. It just stinks. Smells like cinammon, but not as good. And the headache it gave me makes me cringe at the $125 bottle every time I look at it.

I just LOVE this! I got a large decant from a friend and am ashamed to say I stuck it in my sample box for a few months. The dog knocked the box off the shelf yesterday morning and the bottle rolled out. I was in a hurry so I picked it up and spritzed it about a dozen times. By the time I got to the car I was in incense heaven. Clean, soft lady like incense at that. Lasting power was about 4 hours. When I got home needless to say this went on the shelf with the other regulars and got worn to bed last night. Could still smell it on my pillow and night shirt when I got up. Dreamy sandalwood and soap and spices. Mmmm.

on 11/27/2004 5:58:00 PM

Beautifully spicy but soft, soft, soft, Costes smells like potpourri in need of refresher oil. There's something appealingly distant and haunting about it, like a memory or an echo. I get lots of coriander and an accord resembling cinnamon but without cinnamon's bite. The only thing I don't particularly like about this scent is a soapy accord that emerges about half an hour into the drydown.

Popular Fragrances