Costes by Hotel Costes

Filtered by age: 25-29
No Image

3.4

Skin: Normal, Tan, Warm

I LOVE this scent and I am not attracted to woodsy scents at all. I received this in a gift bag from a friend and I have no idea where to purchase it and I don't know how much it costs. At first application it has a heavy cinnamon and spice scent to it. I read a review where someone described it as a chai latte scent. It dries down to what I can only describe as something that reminds me of the woods and ocean. An "aqua woodsy" scent perhaps?I'm not good at describing scents but this is definitely different and definitely unisex--perhaps more on the masculine side and I love that. This is definitely a fall/winter scent and would be overbearing in the summer.

on 11/7/2007 10:25:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

The spicy/cinnamon-y/clove-y opening is my least favorite part of this scent, and luckily for me it only lasts 15 minutes or so. As the spice fades, I am left with just the perfect combination of incense, sandalwood, and musk. I prefer this to Tam Dao, which is too dry and too straight sandalwood (not to mention how fleeting it is) for me. I get decent skin scent lasting power with Costes. I like both this and 10 Corso Como, which I find similar. Inspired by laphenix's comment, I'd agree Costes is the sister to 10 Corso Como, but I'd describe Costes as friendlier and more approachable rather than quieter. (10 Corso Como's musk is much more aggressive on my skin.) And I don't find this scent too masculine at all, but perfectly unisex. Notes include: laurel, lavender, coriander seeds, white pepper, rose, incense, wood, musk.

on 9/10/2007 8:24:00 PM

Costes is 10 Corso Como's quieter younger sister. It's definetely not as in-your-face as 10CC, but the overall feeling is similar. Incensey woods and rose with the additional soapiness of lavendar. This is a nice one for summer-to-fall.

on 9/19/2005 9:52:00 PM

Oh my I love Costes, I just received a very generous decant of this from Gumibear, and I just put it on after taking a nice shower, this is refreshing,clean, woodsy and incensy... beautiful and somewhat mysterious fragrance!

on 7/22/2005 2:35:00 PM

Gorgeous French perfume with predominant wood and incense notes. I smell lavender in the top notes, which gives it a fresh, intriguing quality (some may call it 'soapy'). The drydown is a warm, musky rose mixed with sandalwood. It's moody and mysterious, which is how I like my perfumes, and pretty much everything else.

Costes
is a highly woody fragrance with a smoky incense accord. It has some
lovely spice notes, including strong coriander and white pepper which
along with a very pleasant rose note makes up that soapy accord some
here of the reviews are mentioning. I am one that likes this soapy
accord, which separates Costes from the rest of the incense fragrance
pack. I also find that it balances Costes out nicely. Costes is so
much better than Diptyque’s L’Eau and shares very little
similarity with it besides rose and spices. And Costes is much less
cloying and harsh than L’Eau. The musk note in the dry down is
also very noticeable and pleasant. It does reminds me a little of a
much more wearable version of Diptyque’s Essence of John
Galliano. Another mentioned its similarity to Comme des Garcons
Jaisalmer, but I find that it’s different enough to warrant
owning both. The only problems I can find with Costes is that it
doesn’t have the projection that I usually prefer in an
incense-based fragrance, and it could last a little longer, but its
lasting power is still pretty good. I like it.

Notes:
coriander seed, white pepper, laurel, oriental woods, incense, musk,
rose, sandalwood

continued >>

Got this as an extra from the generous midnightc. It starts out pleasantly with a delicious burst of incense, spice, and sandalwood, reminding me a bit of the CdG incense series (particularly Jaisalmer). Oh, but then that dreadful soapy note makes an appearance and ruins the whole thing. *sigh* Perhaps an option for those who would like a very soft, clean, unobtrusive version of incense/sandalwood/spice. Alas, it's too wimpy for me. And the lasting power is truly wretched...*poof* gone after 2 hours.

on 2/15/2005 7:25:00 PM

Costes reminds me of L'Artisan Safran Troublant, except the drydown becomes soapy, and the lasting power isn't the best. Safran Troublant is a warm spicy scent whereas Costes is a cold spicy scent. If you're a lover of spicy scents, you should definitely give this a try. I probably wouldn't own a bottle but will always have a decant handy.

on 3/4/2008 9:27:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm

This would make a nice home fragrance...it's a quiet mix of potpourri and incense. It has a brisk sportiness at first spritz and then it mellows down to a creamy cedar. I don't mind smelling this in the air...I wouldn't wear it as a perfume - too masculine overall.

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

It is very woody and does not let up on drying down being less heady. Costes notes: lavender, bay-tree, coriander, white pepper, rose, incense, woods and light musk. It smells just like upscale hotel shower gel you get as a sample. Why did they make this a scent? I think the candle might be nicer for a room fragrance. Too dark and doesn't let the light in.

Popular Fragrances