Clarins Skin Beauty Repair Concentrate

Clarins Skin Beauty Repair Concentrate
image 1image 2image 3

4.2

SQUALANE - CAPRYLIC/CAPRIC TRIGLYCERIDE - CETEARYL ETHYLHEXANOATE - STEARYL HEPTANOATE - XIMENIA AMERICANA - GLYCINE SOJA - PERSEA GRATISSIMA - BATYL ALCOHOL - LAVANDULA ANGUSTIFOLIA - MENTHA ARVENSIS - ORIGANUM MAJORANA - PHOSPHOLIPIDS - RETINYL PALMITATE - HELIANTHUS ANNUUS - GLYCERRHETINIC ACID - BHT - LINALOOL - LIMONENE.

on 5/14/2016 4:39:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Medium

I have very resilient skin and very rarely have negative reactions to products. A few months ago I went a bit crazy with at-home peels and caused some serious damage; my skin was so tight that talking was uncomfortable and there was constant peeling and scaly texture. I was using very heavy duty moisturizers and super gentle cleansers but the damage had shown no signs of abating after almost a month. After searching a few trusted sources I decided to give this serum a try.

This serum feels more like a very thin oil and it comes in a hygienic sealed pump. The Clarins packaging is typically clinical and plain but perfectly functional. It looks like something that works - if that makes any sense. You do need to be careful with the pump towards the end of product because it can splash a bit. It smells very botanic and spreads very easily. I was using way too much at first (6 pumps) but really 2 - 3 is enough for your whole face. With proper use this would probably last a long while which is good because per ml this is the most expensive product I have ever used at £40 for 15 ml.

I put this onto dry skin after a very gentle cleanse - morning and night. It feels like an oil but sinks in completely within a couple minutes. I felt no tingling or lasting 'slip' or anything really. It doesn’t seem like it is going to do anything. I did follow up with a moisturiser on top and there was no reaction between the two products or pilling. It says not to use on the eyes but I has some of the worst damage on the skin near the orbital bone so I did go almost to the lash line without any problems caused.

After a month of awful peeling and tightness caused by abuse of at-home peels, this product stopped my skin from being painfully tight after one application and was back to normal (no peeling and smooth texture returned) in 3 days. I was so truly impressed and thankful. I had never really needed a skin repair product before but this worked far better than I hoped. Based on the fact that there had been no improvement for the month previous I shudder to think how long it would have taken my skin to get back to normal without this.

I used this liberally and kept it up for weeks so I'm already on my second bottle but I don't use it regularly anymore; I keep it around in case of emergencies now. It doesn't have any fancy claims or ingredients for things like wrinkles, brightness, blemishes and dryness but it hits the re-set button when you're in the midst of a skin emergency and that is more than good enough. This is extremely pricey per ml but when you've done some serious damage to your skin, it works and it is worth every penny. Once your skin is back to normal I can't see any reason to keep using it. I don't imagine most people will ever need this, but if you're a skin care fanatic and like to try new and active products then I strongly suggest having a bottle of this just in case because it saved my face. Highly recommend to anyone who is sensitive/reactive or like to experiment with actives and will always repurchase.

on 8/19/2014 12:02:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

Hair: Grey, Other, Other

I've been reading reviews on here and can't honestly say that it made all that much difference to my skin, as it just came across like a greasy oil based product that made me appear very oily, but no real change to my facial wrinkles or lines. After say 4 weeks I stopped using it as after a while it was just a hassle with no real benefits, not even a 'glow'. I wouldn't recommend this product. Anyways I started using biocorrex as my friend told me she was using it and said she saw nice results, so into my second week and there is something happening!

To Read all 64 Reviews, Login or Join

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

IMO, this is the best serum, EVER, hands-down. It really soothes my skin after a bad reaction. I wouldn't recommend to use it everyday though. Use it as a emergency remedy when others fail.

I hoard 3 of these just in case they discontinue...

With typically oily to combination skin and reactive redness, i never thought to use an oil on my skin. However, i worked for Clarins for a year and saw amazing results with this serum! this became my favorite serum; my skin never broke out or got too oily that it soaked through my makeup. I believe firmly that you must balance oil and water levels in the body to achieve optimum skin health.

if i ever break out, i use Peter Thomas Roth's sulfur spot treatment at day, but use this at night to calm and restore my flaking skin.

anyone can use this serum! i also highly recommed the hydra-quench serum for those skin types that are combination, oily or dry--if you're afraid to use oil. cactus extract and sulky smooth water hydration is the way to go for you!

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

This is one of my HG products. It's a must-have for me in the winter or whenever I have allergy rashes or eczema episodes, and it's seriously one of the best products I've ever tried for upset skin. I've used it after dermatitis/eczema flare-ups, harsh treatments (for said flare-ups), peels, or extremely dehydrated skin in cold weather, and it's the only thing that has helped me when nothing else works. I usually put it on at night after washing my face and after a few days my skin is completely cleared, with no redness and flakiness. It's really hydrating and soothing, but I'm not sure how it would work on non-problem skin though. The texture is very runny and oily, and you only need one or two pumps for the entire face. The only downside for me it's the price, although I think it's worth every penny.

on 4/20/2011 1:27:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

I was given a bottle of this to use during the dry winter. I managed to use it during summer, though, and thank goodness I had it with me!

My friend and I had chemical peels done for our faces and were completely unprepared for the side-effects - *incredible* peeling.

My face had felt a little dry right after the peel, but after applying this concentrate every night, it was fine. But my poor friend - the dry area under her chin flaked like nobody's business, and looked quite disgusting after a few days. I passed her my bottle, and her chin cleared up in a few days...while my face started to peel.

So, it does work. I'm not too sure about the price though. But if you have an emergency, I'm certain that you won't want to skimp on this.

on 11/5/2010 4:19:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I was at Clarins counter the other day looking for a cleanser for sensitive skin. I tried their cleanser years back but have yet to try other products. So there i was, with my oily but dry on the surface and red skin, i desperately needed a cleanser that is less harsh than what i was using.

The SA recommended this product on top of the other cleanser. I wasn't really expecting much because my skin has been about the same for the last 2 years or so. The SA told me i will see the result in about one month. But surprisingly, with just one week of using this ( day and night), my skin becomes softer and less flaky. I am truly amazed. Thinking my skin is oily, i always go for harsher products to get rid of dirt and oil. i never thought this serum could actually save it.

This serum is slightly oily but it didn't break me out like crazy, just one or two small pimples (could be due to hormonal) and it doesn't clog my pores or more blackheads. The price is expensive, $50ish for a 5oz bottle. The only complain i have is the packaging, it seems to pump out too much serum than what i want. With that price, who doesn't want it to last longer?

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

A winter staple for me for many years. Heals flaky skin: no heavy occlusive feeling. Calms redness. I use it under my night cream and will never be without it.

on 3/10/2010 4:54:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

I added this into my regular skin care routine about a month ago and I absolutely love it. I use it anytime my skin feels overly dry or uncomfortable, or when I feel like I need just a little something extra. It feels very soothing and immediately calms my skin.

I use it at night after washing my face. I dispense one pump on my fingertips and press my hands together a few times to distribute it, then I pat it into my skin as evenly as I'm able. I immediately follow with my moisturizer (Clarins Gentle Day Cream) to sort of absorb whatever is left over on my hands.

I've used various facial oils before (the most recent being Josie Maran's Argan Oil) and this feels nothing like the heavy, oily texture of so many of the other types I've tried. It's a very thin oil that doesn't have the slick, greasy texture that I associate with oils. It's light and absorbs quickly while still feeling that it's actually working with my skin. It has a beautiful herbal scent that reminds me of natural licorice.

I didn't expect to have such amazing results with this considering how sensitive my skin is to many botanicals. But it works. No breakouts, and no redness or contact sensitivity at all. It clears up any small dry patches overnight. My skin looks very even toned and healthy.

Don't let the tiny bottle deceive you (0.5oz for $59.00). One pump is plenty, and it's definitely a product that can be used as needed rather than every day. Fantastic for anyone with sensitive skin. I'll always have this in my routine.

UPDATE 10-3-10: Ultimately this didn't work for my skin. Granted, my skin is finicky and once in awhile tends to just start having random sensitivity to products that I've been using for long periods of time. One day everything's fine, and the next... big problems. This seemed like a product that would be great in the long run, but after about two to three months it caused a lot of redness and irritation. Once I cut it out from my routine, my skin returned to normal. I've actually noticed that this happened with almost every Clarins skincare product that I've used. I still think that those with sensitive skin should give this one a try because it was lovely while it worked.

on 1/29/2010 11:48:00 PM

I always keep a bottle of this on hand, ever since I received a sample from a Clarins counter perhaps 10 years ago. I don't use it all the time, but a small pump-full at night, occasionally, to help with redness/flakiness/sensitivity. Other night time treatments I've used an enjoy for similar issues are Eucerin Q10 sensitive cream & L'Occitane Immortelle elixir. I believe it's the squalane in this which makes it so effective. It is expensive, but I've had the same bottle for ages. Since it is oil-based and in an opaque glass pump bottle, it has showed no signs of degradation. It has a slightly cool/soothing sensation on the skin with first application, and a very slight mint/herbal odor. In my mind, a classic product and hopefully one which will not be discontinued!