Barielle Nail Underwear

3.0

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

I gave this product a try after buying it on sale at TJMaxx. I think it probably gave my nails some strength & moisture with nightly applications, but I noticed that the skin right beneath my nail, where I had applied this product, began to peel away. When I discontinued use, the peeling stopped. Except for this unwanted side effect, I thought this product did an okay job of moisturizing the tips of my nails. That said, this is the only Barielle product that I've reacted to in an adverse way. I think the price tag on this is sort of high, so either purchase this on sale or as part of a set as either way, you will spend less money. The skin peeling that I had is the only reason I would not repurchase this product.

This stuff is very nice. Nail Underwear is marketed by stating that:

'Ridges, stains and white spots are all visible signs of nail damage. Dual action *Nail Underwear* helps mask such wear and tear to your nails while keeping them strong against further harm. Powered by a combination of collagen boosters, select botanicals, antioxidants plus a powerful, strengthening formula, *Nail Underwear* guards against splits and breaks while bonding the layers of peeling nail. Weak nails will be enriched as they grow brighter, longer and stronger.' The key ingredients: Vitamin E, Calcium, Horsetail, Plant and Citrus Extracts.

Basically, you're supposed to pack this under the nail overnight, but I actually use it throughout the day while I am sitting in my office. I apply a small dot on each nail and rub it into the nail and the cuticle. It moisturizes my cuticles and makes my nails shiny and healthy. I'm on a healthy nail kick, and I prefer to leave my fingernails long, buffed, and without polish (Other than a pale neutral, I save the bright colors for my toes). This works wonderfully after I buff my nails. It comes in a convenient 1oz tube. Retails for $16. continued >>

Popular Treatments