La Prairie Skin Caviar Concealer Foundation SPF15

La Prairie Skin Caviar Concealer Foundation  SPF15
LP Skin Caviar Concealer Foundation SPF 15

4.1

Ingredients: Foundation:Concealer: Petrolatum, isopropyl palmitate, isostearyl behenate, silica, microcristalline wax, dimethicone, nylon-12, ozokerite, glyceryl dibehenate, polymethyl methacrylate, mica, caviar extract, glycoproteins*, panax ginseng root extract*, horsetail extract*, algae extract, lactobacillus ferment, licorice root extract, lavender extract, camellia sinensis leaf extract, chamomile flower extract, hydrolized malt extract, hydrolyzed wheat protein, tocopheryl acetate, retinyl palmitate, ascorbyl palmitate, soybean oil, butylene glycol, glycerin, tribehenin, triethanolamine, water, glycine, arginine, glyceryl behenate, lauryl methacrylate/glycol dimethacrylate crosspolymer, isopropyl myristate, isopropyl titanium triisostearate, methionine, polyglucuronic acid, methylparaben, propylparaben. May contain: titanium dioxide, iron oxides. *La Prairie's exclusive Cellular Complex

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

Generally this foundation has great color ranges and very easy to blend, however, if you have extremely dry skin like me, this one I'd definitely not a foundation for you. I have read loads of reviews saying that the foundation is 'the best' for those who have dry skin. Then I thought that despite of the price, I'd give it a go. The result have really depressed me. I used La Prairie lotion, then Estee Launder night repair essence, an oily cream, and finally a hydrating primer before applying it, however It dries on my skin immediately (Yes, almost cracking). Even the Diorskin Forever foundation which retails only a quarter of La Prairie foundation works better than that! I binned it after a week. In a word, Please stay away from this as long as you have very dry skin!!!!!!!!

on 6/3/2017 9:18:00 AM

So I finally got around to giving this foundation a shot. It`s okay, but for the price, simply not worth it. It`s light on the skin and very airy even when built up to medium coverage, so I felt like my skin was comfortable and could breathe underneath this. It applied smoothly with an Artis brush and a beauty blender. There was a funky perfume-like smell which I wasn`t too crazy about, but which did dissipate after a short while. The lightest shade was a good match for my complexion. With a light dusting of loose powder it lasted about 5-6 hours without oxidation or separation. But for 225 bucks, I expect a heck of a lot more. For starters, why only SPF 15?! You`d think that for that whooping price tag they could at least bring the sun protection up to 25 or 30. The packaging is crap: the foundation is liquid-y enough to use a pump, so why the messy screw top?! And finally, I feel like I get a much better performance from my Japanese foundations: high end, you`ve got Suqqu, which is still almost half the price of La Prairie and does a stellar job compare to this; lower priced brands, like Koh Gen Do or Ettusais have great foundations with good skincare ingredients and much better finishes. I simply don`t think this is worth the price.

Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

If you're reading reviews that compare this foundation to estee's double wear i suggest you ignore those. These two foundations are completely different finishes and aren't meant to be compared. So if someone gives this a 2 or 3 star rating because it didn't last as long as their double wear then they probably don't have a very good understanding regarding differences in lasting power associated with differing foundation finishes and skin types.

My review is from the perspective of someone with combo skin (normal cheeks, oily T-zone, large pores on the nose area), not "mature" (I'm 33 with no lines at this point), and understanding this is a dewy/satin finish foundation (NOT matte or with "long wearing" claims).

I use primer underneath any foundation to extend wear because this is not a long wear foundation. If I do that, set my t-zone with powder, & blot mid-day to prevent any nose oil breakup then I'll get a full day's wear out of this foundation (6 hours of looking very fresh, another 2-3 hours of looking completely presentable just with some wearing off of the foundation). So in terms of longevity I think it performs well - if it didn't I absolutely wouldn't repurchase it given the exorbitant price.

Feels absolutely wonderful applying it to the skin - like cashmere almost. I apply with an Artis brush (to build up a medium coverage) and it's like applying skincare. Feels light on the skin once it sets and dries to a finish I'd describe as between dewy and satin. The finish is as close to that "your skin but perfected" second skin look as I've ever been able to achieve with a foundation and I've tried all the high end ones (Chanel sublimage, la mer fluid finish foundation, etc.).

I agree I don't love the jar/spatula packaging. Not because it's not hygienic (I just brush foundation off the spatula and apply directly to my face and I don't touch the spatula itself while doing this) but because it is more complicated for me to get the last bit out once I reach the bottom of the bottle - and you can bet I'm going to get every last drop for the money. It's not deal breaker though and hopefully one day La Prairie will repackage with a pump mechanism of sorts.

Price-wise it's outrageous. If i could only find this for full retail ($225) I wouldn't repurchase it consistently. Luckily I can find it for over 50% off retail which for me makes it worth it to repurchase as soon as I finish a jar because I just haven't found a foundation i love as much as this one.

Okay - I have tried a lot of foundations in my time and I am always looking for full coverage to cover age spots and freckles. This goes on quite nice but it slides off during the day and comes off easily. It feels oily on the skin and by afternoon it no longer covers well. So it is not as good staying power as Estée Lauder double wear. The packaging is really bad. It has a spatula which is odd. I think a pump would be better. There is heaps of product I guess. The concealer is too light for me and i look white when I put it on and doesn't blend in well over the top of the foundation. Wouldn't buy again.

on 12/23/2016 10:42:00 PM

Yet another ridiculously expensive foundation that I've tried and liked.

After weeks of lusting it, I have finally purchased it. Because there is no such thing as one too many foundations. The packaging is pretty nice. The bottom part is where the foundation is and the top part is the concealer with the magnification mirror. One immediate drawback from this product is the twist off cap with a built-in spatula. I have this thing against such thing. You expose the product to the air and the built-in spatula is increasing the risk of contamination. But the actual product itself? It is divine. This is a skincare infused foundation that actually is more suitable for mature skin and those with dry skin. But if you have combination to oily skin you can work this out with applying matifying primer prior to applying the foundation. It is hydrating and weightless. It gives you an immediate medium coverage. I am able to squeeze 7 hours out of this product which is actually something. The best way to apply this foundation is with beauty blender. You are able to sheer out the product with the beauty blender whereas with foundation brush it gives more on a medium coverage.

It is also a bonus point for the matching concealer that comes with it. I never used the concealer but I know when the time comes for me to apply it, I know I can safely apply the concealer without fearing it might look out of place.

Recommended!

on 10/29/2016 1:53:00 PM

I love this foundation.... My most favorite foundation ever. It is very comfortable. It looks amazing on the skin. But most important for me is that this includes skincare. It is not good for oily or combination skin but it's perferct fot normal or dry skin.

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

I split a bottle of this with a friend of mine because we were so curious about it. It is hydrating and is medium to full coverage, but I'm not that impressed with the longevity. I still prefer the much cheaper (which isn't even cheap) Estee Lauder Double Wear. Maybe because I have very oily skin, it didn't work out that well for me, it didn't crack or anything but in 6 hrs of wear, I could see my pores were like billboards. It worked well for my friend, she loves it so I ended up giving her what's left of my half. Idk, for we bought it for PHP11,000 which is roughly $280 I expected to look like Angelina Jolie for the whole day.

This review is extremely wordy, but I think a product this expensive deserves a lot of detail.

I am a foundation fiend and have tried more than I can count. I have been using Skin Caviar foundation for a little over a year. This does not even deserve to be in the same category as any other. It's like comparing a grass hut to a state of the art mansion. You can certainly live in both, the mansion isn't necessary. However, given the choice, you would probably go for the mansion. And, once you've lived there, you don't ever want to go back to that grass hut again. And, although they both have a roof, they really aren't the same at all.

So a little about me. I have pretty good skin. It is normal to dry and can be flaky and a bit dull in the winter. I do get the occasional blemish and have a couple broken capillaries around my nose. I take great care of my skin in general and have stayed out of the sun for the most part. However, I still have some freckles from the sun. I also have a few fine lines beginning to show over my (very expressive) eyebrows. I want a foundation to make me look like I have that perfectly diffused skin you see on tv shows and in movies. You know, the kind of skin that usually is achieved, at least partially, by amazing lighting. I also need it to last, be comfortable, and not catch on dry or flaky areas. I want it to look like I just have gorgeous skin, not like I have amazing makeup. I can't have anything matte but also want nothing overtly dewy. This product does all of the above and, honestly, it does even more. It's incredible and I will gladly skip a few nights out a year to be able to pay for it. One jar does last me about a year, which is nice. Not only is it amazing makeup, but it is amazing skincare.

Shade: I wear the shade Warm Linen. For reference, I am 4.5 in GA Luminous Silk. Warm Linen is the best match I have ever experienced. My face has pink undertones, but I'm neutral everywhere else. I need a foundation to neutralize that redness.

Finish: You know that impossibly elusive, only created by amazing lighting finish I referred to earlier? Well, this does it too. My skin looks incredible! It's perfectly diffused and hydrated. I look like I drink a ton of water, eat no sugar or processed food, frequent the sauna, and sleep 9 hours every night. I have been stopped a couple of times by strangers and asked what skincare I use. Not what makeup. That's pretty special in my opinion. Just gorgeous, young, plump, hydrated, glow from the inside skin. Friends and family members also remark on how great my skin is when I wear this.

Lasting Power: Additionally, it never breaks down. I'm serious, this is just as beautiful 15 hours later. Most, if not all, other foundations will eventually look worse on my skin than just bare skin. This never does. It must be the skincare in it. My skin continues to look beautiful and healthy. It doesn't get patchy, doesn't pool into pores, doesn't break apart, doesn't get oily, doesn't enhance dry areas. Again, it really is first and foremost skincare. In fact, when I wash this off at the end of the day my skin actually feels softer and looks so good. This lasts without primer or setting powder, but it also looks great with either. My blush/bronzer/highlight last ALL day too. Amazing. Also worth noting - this does not ever settle into my fine lines or any expression lines. In fact, even when I smile, I have noticed it still keeps my skin looking smooth. I don't get all those crinkles around my eyes that I do with other foundations. This is just pure plumped goodness.

Fragrance: there is a slight fragrance, but it isn't offensive and doesn't last. I am sensitive to fragrance and this doesn't affect me. I honestly enjoy it. Perhaps it's the placebo effect, but it just smells luxurious.

Coverage: Medium out of the gate, can be built to full or sheered for lighter coverage. I've applied this with fingers, beautyblender, and brush and it goes on well no matter what. My favorite application method is with a brush and then to press a beautyblender into my skin afterward. I've read reviews that say this can look heavy. I could see how. You really don't need to use much at all. I would recommend using just a bit, moving on to your eyes, and if you still feel the need for more after your eyes are done then add just a bit more. This will last you forever because it doesn't take much.

Finally, the concealer is an added perk. I already have an undereye concealer that I love (By Terry Terrybly Densillis - amazing), but this is good under the eyes. I do prefer it on discoloration and blemishes. It is full coverage and lasts all day. Also, in my experience, the concealer truly is perfectly matched with the foundation. I use the brush it comes with to dab some concealer onto spots and then pat in with my finger. Voila, perfection.

Overall, you just can't go wrong. I never feel it on my face and i never get that "I can't wait to wash this off" feeling. Beware of trying it - you probably won't be able to give it up. I honestly feel like I still haven't been able to convey how much I love this, but I've tried.

on 9/18/2016 7:19:00 AM

Hair: Grey, Wavy, Fine

Basee upon mny reviews on blogs, you tube, amd one woman at church who uses this foundation , i went to Nordstroms and bought this a two weeks ago. I have very light skin with some hyper pigmentation I am in the process of reducing. I chose thie shade Tender Ivory with the help of the sales associate, who was very good.

I applied this foundation on top of my normal routine of serum, moisturizer and sunscreen, it lasted all day. I used a small spatula to just scrape up a half a pea size scoop of the make up, dot it on my face with ver light pats, then use my Artis oval 8 brush to float the make smooth, and it settled beautifully. I did the same with the concealor, usimg the other end of the tiny spatula to get as small ampunt as possible to my ring fingets to gently tap on concealer in a very few areas still needing it.

I ama amazed at how this make up stays on all day, and how smooth my skin feels after I take it off. I anticipate the product lasting at least a year,

on 9/17/2016 8:20:00 AM

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

I'm so disappointed with this foundation. I ordered on line and got a pretty good color match albeit a tad light. The packaging is pretty awful with a deep jar and a wand to pull out the foundation. Every time I pull some out with the wand, I get way too much and have to wipe it back in on the edge of the jar. All cream foundations should be in a squeeze tube not in jars - just a poor design all the way around.

Now for the foundation - it is pretty full coverage and you need way less to get complete coverage. Actually, it you use what you normally would with any other foundation, you will end up with a cakey mess. Remember - go less. I put this on over my regular primer the first time and it was full coverage, matte and pretty flat. Flawless finish but absolutely no glow, no satin - just plain flat. Then I tried it by mixing with some primer oil and that was a tad less flat looking. If you like a totally matte full coverage look, this may be for you. I could have been satisfied with it if it weren't for the accentuation of dry skin. This didn't help my dry skin at all.

I have tried so many different foundations from Lancôme, to Guerlain, to It Cosmetics, to Urban Decay to Tarte, to Makeup Forever, Clinique, Chanel, Korean BB creams, Dior, Giorgio Armani, La Prairie to Estée Lauder. And I'm sure there are more that I've forgotten. I've tried from best sellers to those for mature skin like mine and those supposedly dewy foundations with moisturizing qualities. At the end of the day I keep coming back to my tried and true Estée Lauder Double Wear Light and Re Nutriv cream foundation. These two are the only ones that dry down to beautiful coverages and don't suck the moisture from my skin. They actually seem to keep moisture in while also being Longwearing.

I am totally done with trying other foundations and will be staying with my Re Nutriv. This La Prairie was an expensive try. Hopefully I can give it to someone that it will work for - then it won't be such an expensive waste of money.