La Prairie Skin Caviar Concealer Foundation SPF15

La Prairie Skin Caviar Concealer Foundation  SPF15
LP Skin Caviar Concealer Foundation SPF 15

4.1

Ingredients: Foundation:Concealer: Petrolatum, isopropyl palmitate, isostearyl behenate, silica, microcristalline wax, dimethicone, nylon-12, ozokerite, glyceryl dibehenate, polymethyl methacrylate, mica, caviar extract, glycoproteins*, panax ginseng root extract*, horsetail extract*, algae extract, lactobacillus ferment, licorice root extract, lavender extract, camellia sinensis leaf extract, chamomile flower extract, hydrolized malt extract, hydrolyzed wheat protein, tocopheryl acetate, retinyl palmitate, ascorbyl palmitate, soybean oil, butylene glycol, glycerin, tribehenin, triethanolamine, water, glycine, arginine, glyceryl behenate, lauryl methacrylate/glycol dimethacrylate crosspolymer, isopropyl myristate, isopropyl titanium triisostearate, methionine, polyglucuronic acid, methylparaben, propylparaben. May contain: titanium dioxide, iron oxides. *La Prairie's exclusive Cellular Complex

Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

If you're reading reviews that compare this foundation to estee's double wear i suggest you ignore those. These two foundations are completely different finishes and aren't meant to be compared. So if someone gives this a 2 or 3 star rating because it didn't last as long as their double wear then they probably don't have a very good understanding regarding differences in lasting power associated with differing foundation finishes and skin types.

My review is from the perspective of someone with combo skin (normal cheeks, oily T-zone, large pores on the nose area), not "mature" (I'm 33 with no lines at this point), and understanding this is a dewy/satin finish foundation (NOT matte or with "long wearing" claims).

I use primer underneath any foundation to extend wear because this is not a long wear foundation. If I do that, set my t-zone with powder, & blot mid-day to prevent any nose oil breakup then I'll get a full day's wear out of this foundation (6 hours of looking very fresh, another 2-3 hours of looking completely presentable just with some wearing off of the foundation). So in terms of longevity I think it performs well - if it didn't I absolutely wouldn't repurchase it given the exorbitant price.

Feels absolutely wonderful applying it to the skin - like cashmere almost. I apply with an Artis brush (to build up a medium coverage) and it's like applying skincare. Feels light on the skin once it sets and dries to a finish I'd describe as between dewy and satin. The finish is as close to that "your skin but perfected" second skin look as I've ever been able to achieve with a foundation and I've tried all the high end ones (Chanel sublimage, la mer fluid finish foundation, etc.).

I agree I don't love the jar/spatula packaging. Not because it's not hygienic (I just brush foundation off the spatula and apply directly to my face and I don't touch the spatula itself while doing this) but because it is more complicated for me to get the last bit out once I reach the bottom of the bottle - and you can bet I'm going to get every last drop for the money. It's not deal breaker though and hopefully one day La Prairie will repackage with a pump mechanism of sorts.

Price-wise it's outrageous. If i could only find this for full retail ($225) I wouldn't repurchase it consistently. Luckily I can find it for over 50% off retail which for me makes it worth it to repurchase as soon as I finish a jar because I just haven't found a foundation i love as much as this one.

Okay - I have tried a lot of foundations in my time and I am always looking for full coverage to cover age spots and freckles. This goes on quite nice but it slides off during the day and comes off easily. It feels oily on the skin and by afternoon it no longer covers well. So it is not as good staying power as Estée Lauder double wear. The packaging is really bad. It has a spatula which is odd. I think a pump would be better. There is heaps of product I guess. The concealer is too light for me and i look white when I put it on and doesn't blend in well over the top of the foundation. Wouldn't buy again.

on 12/23/2016 10:42:00 PM

Yet another ridiculously expensive foundation that I've tried and liked.

After weeks of lusting it, I have finally purchased it. Because there is no such thing as one too many foundations. The packaging is pretty nice. The bottom part is where the foundation is and the top part is the concealer with the magnification mirror. One immediate drawback from this product is the twist off cap with a built-in spatula. I have this thing against such thing. You expose the product to the air and the built-in spatula is increasing the risk of contamination. But the actual product itself? It is divine. This is a skincare infused foundation that actually is more suitable for mature skin and those with dry skin. But if you have combination to oily skin you can work this out with applying matifying primer prior to applying the foundation. It is hydrating and weightless. It gives you an immediate medium coverage. I am able to squeeze 7 hours out of this product which is actually something. The best way to apply this foundation is with beauty blender. You are able to sheer out the product with the beauty blender whereas with foundation brush it gives more on a medium coverage.

It is also a bonus point for the matching concealer that comes with it. I never used the concealer but I know when the time comes for me to apply it, I know I can safely apply the concealer without fearing it might look out of place.

Recommended!

on 10/29/2016 1:53:00 PM

I love this foundation.... My most favorite foundation ever. It is very comfortable. It looks amazing on the skin. But most important for me is that this includes skincare. It is not good for oily or combination skin but it's perferct fot normal or dry skin.

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

I split a bottle of this with a friend of mine because we were so curious about it. It is hydrating and is medium to full coverage, but I'm not that impressed with the longevity. I still prefer the much cheaper (which isn't even cheap) Estee Lauder Double Wear. Maybe because I have very oily skin, it didn't work out that well for me, it didn't crack or anything but in 6 hrs of wear, I could see my pores were like billboards. It worked well for my friend, she loves it so I ended up giving her what's left of my half. Idk, for we bought it for PHP11,000 which is roughly $280 I expected to look like Angelina Jolie for the whole day.

This review is extremely wordy, but I think a product this expensive deserves a lot of detail.

I am a foundation fiend and have tried more than I can count. I have been using Skin Caviar foundation for a little over a year. This does not even deserve to be in the same category as any other. It's like comparing a grass hut to a state of the art mansion. You can certainly live in both, the mansion isn't necessary. However, given the choice, you would probably go for the mansion. And, once you've lived there, you don't ever want to go back to that grass hut again. And, although they both have a roof, they really aren't the same at all.

So a little about me. I have pretty good skin. It is normal to dry and can be flaky and a bit dull in the winter. I do get the occasional blemish and have a couple broken capillaries around my nose. I take great care of my skin in general and have stayed out of the sun for the most part. However, I still have some freckles from the sun. I also have a few fine lines beginning to show over my (very expressive) eyebrows. I want a foundation to make me look like I have that perfectly diffused skin you see on tv shows and in movies. You know, the kind of skin that usually is achieved, at least partially, by amazing lighting. I also need it to last, be comfortable, and not catch on dry or flaky areas. I want it to look like I just have gorgeous skin, not like I have amazing makeup. I can't have anything matte but also want nothing overtly dewy. This product does all of the above and, honestly, it does even more. It's incredible and I will gladly skip a few nights out a year to be able to pay for it. One jar does last me about a year, which is nice. Not only is it amazing makeup, but it is amazing skincare.

Shade: I wear the shade Warm Linen. For reference, I am 4.5 in GA Luminous Silk. Warm Linen is the best match I have ever experienced. My face has pink undertones, but I'm neutral everywhere else. I need a foundation to neutralize that redness.

Finish: You know that impossibly elusive, only created by amazing lighting finish I referred to earlier? Well, this does it too. My skin looks incredible! It's perfectly diffused and hydrated. I look like I drink a ton of water, eat no sugar or processed food, frequent the sauna, and sleep 9 hours every night. I have been stopped a couple of times by strangers and asked what skincare I use. Not what makeup. That's pretty special in my opinion. Just gorgeous, young, plump, hydrated, glow from the inside skin. Friends and family members also remark on how great my skin is when I wear this.

Lasting Power: Additionally, it never breaks down. I'm serious, this is just as beautiful 15 hours later. Most, if not all, other foundations will eventually look worse on my skin than just bare skin. This never does. It must be the skincare in it. My skin continues to look beautiful and healthy. It doesn't get patchy, doesn't pool into pores, doesn't break apart, doesn't get oily, doesn't enhance dry areas. Again, it really is first and foremost skincare. In fact, when I wash this off at the end of the day my skin actually feels softer and looks so good. This lasts without primer or setting powder, but it also looks great with either. My blush/bronzer/highlight last ALL day too. Amazing. Also worth noting - this does not ever settle into my fine lines or any expression lines. In fact, even when I smile, I have noticed it still keeps my skin looking smooth. I don't get all those crinkles around my eyes that I do with other foundations. This is just pure plumped goodness.

Fragrance: there is a slight fragrance, but it isn't offensive and doesn't last. I am sensitive to fragrance and this doesn't affect me. I honestly enjoy it. Perhaps it's the placebo effect, but it just smells luxurious.

Coverage: Medium out of the gate, can be built to full or sheered for lighter coverage. I've applied this with fingers, beautyblender, and brush and it goes on well no matter what. My favorite application method is with a brush and then to press a beautyblender into my skin afterward. I've read reviews that say this can look heavy. I could see how. You really don't need to use much at all. I would recommend using just a bit, moving on to your eyes, and if you still feel the need for more after your eyes are done then add just a bit more. This will last you forever because it doesn't take much.

Finally, the concealer is an added perk. I already have an undereye concealer that I love (By Terry Terrybly Densillis - amazing), but this is good under the eyes. I do prefer it on discoloration and blemishes. It is full coverage and lasts all day. Also, in my experience, the concealer truly is perfectly matched with the foundation. I use the brush it comes with to dab some concealer onto spots and then pat in with my finger. Voila, perfection.

Overall, you just can't go wrong. I never feel it on my face and i never get that "I can't wait to wash this off" feeling. Beware of trying it - you probably won't be able to give it up. I honestly feel like I still haven't been able to convey how much I love this, but I've tried.

on 9/18/2016 7:19:00 AM

Hair: Grey, Wavy, Fine

Basee upon mny reviews on blogs, you tube, amd one woman at church who uses this foundation , i went to Nordstroms and bought this a two weeks ago. I have very light skin with some hyper pigmentation I am in the process of reducing. I chose thie shade Tender Ivory with the help of the sales associate, who was very good.

I applied this foundation on top of my normal routine of serum, moisturizer and sunscreen, it lasted all day. I used a small spatula to just scrape up a half a pea size scoop of the make up, dot it on my face with ver light pats, then use my Artis oval 8 brush to float the make smooth, and it settled beautifully. I did the same with the concealor, usimg the other end of the tiny spatula to get as small ampunt as possible to my ring fingets to gently tap on concealer in a very few areas still needing it.

I ama amazed at how this make up stays on all day, and how smooth my skin feels after I take it off. I anticipate the product lasting at least a year,

on 9/17/2016 8:20:00 AM

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

I'm so disappointed with this foundation. I ordered on line and got a pretty good color match albeit a tad light. The packaging is pretty awful with a deep jar and a wand to pull out the foundation. Every time I pull some out with the wand, I get way too much and have to wipe it back in on the edge of the jar. All cream foundations should be in a squeeze tube not in jars - just a poor design all the way around.

Now for the foundation - it is pretty full coverage and you need way less to get complete coverage. Actually, it you use what you normally would with any other foundation, you will end up with a cakey mess. Remember - go less. I put this on over my regular primer the first time and it was full coverage, matte and pretty flat. Flawless finish but absolutely no glow, no satin - just plain flat. Then I tried it by mixing with some primer oil and that was a tad less flat looking. If you like a totally matte full coverage look, this may be for you. I could have been satisfied with it if it weren't for the accentuation of dry skin. This didn't help my dry skin at all.

I have tried so many different foundations from Lancôme, to Guerlain, to It Cosmetics, to Urban Decay to Tarte, to Makeup Forever, Clinique, Chanel, Korean BB creams, Dior, Giorgio Armani, La Prairie to Estée Lauder. And I'm sure there are more that I've forgotten. I've tried from best sellers to those for mature skin like mine and those supposedly dewy foundations with moisturizing qualities. At the end of the day I keep coming back to my tried and true Estée Lauder Double Wear Light and Re Nutriv cream foundation. These two are the only ones that dry down to beautiful coverages and don't suck the moisture from my skin. They actually seem to keep moisture in while also being Longwearing.

I am totally done with trying other foundations and will be staying with my Re Nutriv. This La Prairie was an expensive try. Hopefully I can give it to someone that it will work for - then it won't be such an expensive waste of money.

on 9/6/2016 11:23:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

** Full disclosure: I only wore this once, but it was enough to find out that it is incompatible with my skin regimen.

I am 40 years old. I was extremely oily and acne-prone all my adult life. My skin is much more balanced now, but I still have scars and get 1 to 3 pimples every month. I use Tazorac and Epiduo to treat my acne with good results. For those who are unfamiliar with these medications, they are topical retinoids that exfoliate the skin by speeding cell turnover. This means that the top layer of my skin is constantly shedding. My skin looks good and hydrated most the time, but I have to be careful with the foundations I wear, because some of them cling to the skin that is being exfoliated and the result is a mess. This is exactly what happened with this foundation. I looked like I had an uneven layer of concrete on my face, similar to a sidewalk. While it did not dry me out, it clung to and magnified every dry patch and large pore, which were previously invisible. And for some reason, it would not stick to the sides of my nose (?). It looked cakey and uneven. In addition, the concealer that comes with it is so thick it is unwearable. I wished it had worked for me, because the shade Honey Beige is a fantastic match for my skin tone. Please keep this in mind if you are a retinoid user and try to sample it before you buy.

Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Medium

To answer Everyones questions....

My first impressions: it retails for $280 includes a foundation and concealer(not that it justifies the price)

Shade: comes in a generous shade for a brand who does skincare.

Coverage: medium buildable. I can tap it in with fingers on the imperfections and it will cover very well.

Finish: natural satin, not very dewy but not matte. After wearing it for a whole day it looks and feels more dewy.

Application: I use fingers to give a more fuller coverage but applying with brush will lighten the coverage.

Texture: thick. You need a little little bit, more than what you normally do with other foundation. It spreads a lot and a pea size (1 pump for other foundations) will be too much for my face. It feels very comfortable and not drying on the skin.

Longevity: long lasting and hydrating

Packaging: comes in a twist open cap and a spatula attached. Concealer comes on top of foundation with a 2x mirror on the lid.

Scent: slightly not over powering fragrance.

Removing the foundation: when I remove it, my skin still feels and looks hydrated and not dried out even when I wore it all day with powder.

CONCEALER: the concealer is a thick cream with almost a wax base that gives a good coverage but slightly drying. The foundation and concealer shades don't match exactly.

Overall review: Everyones burning question... Is it worth the price? No.

It's a great foundation so it's not a disappointment when you purchase it but if you were on a budget then I wouldn't recommend you to splurge all that money for the foundation and concealer. It is luxury and it does look amazing and extremely natural but definitely splurge if you won't mind the price and is looking for a very natural hydrating foundation. I get lots of compliments asking if I'm wearing foundation or my skin looks really good. Good foundation, can't go wrong but with a hefty price tag... Can't complain much about the price because it is from a luxury brand but it's not a bad foundation but not extremely magical where you will look like Beyoncé