La Prairie Skin Caviar Concealer Foundation SPF15

La Prairie Skin Caviar Concealer Foundation  SPF15

4.1

Ingredients: Foundation:Concealer: Petrolatum, isopropyl palmitate, isostearyl behenate, silica, microcristalline wax, dimethicone, nylon-12, ozokerite, glyceryl dibehenate, polymethyl methacrylate, mica, caviar extract, glycoproteins*, panax ginseng root extract*, horsetail extract*, algae extract, lactobacillus ferment, licorice root extract, lavender extract, camellia sinensis leaf extract, chamomile flower extract, hydrolized malt extract, hydrolyzed wheat protein, tocopheryl acetate, retinyl palmitate, ascorbyl palmitate, soybean oil, butylene glycol, glycerin, tribehenin, triethanolamine, water, glycine, arginine, glyceryl behenate, lauryl methacrylate/glycol dimethacrylate crosspolymer, isopropyl myristate, isopropyl titanium triisostearate, methionine, polyglucuronic acid, methylparaben, propylparaben. May contain: titanium dioxide, iron oxides. *La Prairie's exclusive Cellular Complex

Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Medium

To answer Everyones questions....

My first impressions: it retails for $280 includes a foundation and concealer(not that it justifies the price)

Shade: comes in a generous shade for a brand who does skincare.

Coverage: medium buildable. I can tap it in with fingers on the imperfections and it will cover very well.

Finish: natural satin, not very dewy but not matte. After wearing it for a whole day it looks and feels more dewy.

Application: I use fingers to give a more fuller coverage but applying with brush will lighten the coverage.

Texture: thick. You need a little little bit, more than what you normally do with other foundation. It spreads a lot and a pea size (1 pump for other foundations) will be too much for my face. It feels very comfortable and not drying on the skin.

Longevity: long lasting and hydrating

Packaging: comes in a twist open cap and a spatula attached. Concealer comes on top of foundation with a 2x mirror on the lid.

Scent: slightly not over powering fragrance.

Removing the foundation: when I remove it, my skin still feels and looks hydrated and not dried out even when I wore it all day with powder.

CONCEALER: the concealer is a thick cream with almost a wax base that gives a good coverage but slightly drying. The foundation and concealer shades don't match exactly.

Overall review: Everyones burning question... Is it worth the price? No.

It's a great foundation so it's not a disappointment when you purchase it but if you were on a budget then I wouldn't recommend you to splurge all that money for the foundation and concealer. It is luxury and it does look amazing and extremely natural but definitely splurge if you won't mind the price and is looking for a very natural hydrating foundation. I get lots of compliments asking if I'm wearing foundation or my skin looks really good. Good foundation, can't go wrong but with a hefty price tag... Can't complain much about the price because it is from a luxury brand but it's not a bad foundation but not extremely magical where you will look like Beyoncé

This is an extremely luxurious foundation and concealer! Trust me, this will last at least the better part of a year, it is so concentrated!

I have worn several shades, but I think 'Honey Beige' is the best fit for my NC23-25 skin in the
Spring-Summer seasons.

It does retail approx. $200 for a bottle, but you get a heavy duty concealer and brush, as well as the 1oz of foundation.

To Read all 238 Reviews, Login or Join

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I am so sad that my country does not have a return policy for items like this, because THIS was an expensive mistake in my case. A little bit about myself. I´m in my early thirties and have very dry sensitive skin. In a foundation I am looking for something that can even out my complexion and look fairly natural. I need to use heavy moisturisers and prefer a damp beauty blender when I apply my makeup.

The La Prairie Skin Caviar Concealer Foundation is considered a luxury item and apparently it contains an exclusive caviar extract that helps skin. I am not so sure these "fish eggs" from the Caspian sea is doing anything for me to be honest, and I have definitely tried foundations that do way more and cost a lot less. Clinique Even Better Makeup for instance, which on me gives a way more beautiful finish and longevity for a fraction of the cost.

The good thing is that this does not dry my skin out. It offers quite good coverage and gives a subtle ´glow from within´type of finish. The problem is, the youtubers that praise this item looks so polished without any makeup on it is quite hard to tell how it looks on those of us who aren´t that fortunate.

It applies a bit thick, and even though it is creamy in texture, it is quite dense and unforgiving on dry spots and wrinkles. This is one of those foundations that look better after a while - on me at least - then when I apply it. Maybe it needs some time to melt into the skin.

But for the price, this is not worth it in my opinion. So if you are curious, PLEASE get a sample first and really contemplate if you would rather spend your hard earned money on several amazing makeup items, or just one average over prized one like this.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

I think based on the price of this foundation, the expectations are obviously very high. I have worn this foundation several times so I am writing this review based on my experience each time I wore it.. It's quite lengthy as it is an expensive product so though I would be a bit more thorough.
For reference I wear NC20 or NARS Alaska in the TM and my skin type is normal/dehydrated. I prefer light-medium coverage and usually wear MAC Face and Body and NARS TM. I received the shade Porcelaine Blush in this foundation. It is a little bit on the pink side for my colouring but I wore a small amount of yellow coloured powder on top to even the colour out. The concealer also looks quite peach/pink but is actually the correct colour for under my eyes (cancels out blue circles).
This foundation comes in a glass bottle with the foundation on the lower end and a concealer attached under the lid. You also receive a small stand, sponge and brush in a separate box. I watched a couple of tutorials by the make up artist Monika Blunder and she uses this foundation on a few of her models. I noticed that she mentions that the product is very pigmented so she actually only uses a small amount and sheers it out. As I mentioned I prefer a light-medium coverage so when it came to applying this foundation I knew to only use a small amount.
In my opinion, this foundation is better suited to those with normal - oilier skin types. This foundation clung to my skin and made it look very dry and flaky. Very similar to what NARS Sheer Glow does to me unfortunately :(. I don't really have external dryness on my face but I would really suggest those with dry skin types to avoid this really as it emphasises any dryness. The finish is again similar to NARS Sheer Glow - Satin finish but more on the matte side. Throughout the day, I didn't experience any patchiness but my skin looked more dry than usual each time. I tried wearing it alone and also mixed it with MAC strobe liquid to give mpre luminousity however it still looked the same. This foundation can make skin look quite flat so it may be worthwhile adding some dimension by contouring afterwards etc if wearing this. It has quite a strong scent compared to other foundations and does contain fragrance (quite far down on the ingredients list). The texture is fairly thick so I would advise people to use a small amount and buff in with a buffing brush rather than a flat foundation brush.
I was actually mainly testing this out for bridal as I am a make up artist soon to be specialising solely in bridal make up. As there isn't really much information online about this product, I wanted to test it to see how it held up throughout the day. I think I will probably use this on people who get oiliness through the t-zone and who don't have sensitive skin.
My advice for anyone considering this foundation would be to try to a sample of this before purchasing as I imagine it would be very hit or miss for many people. The price point (£146)puts this foundation in the premium range so I would advise people be sure before purchasing. I can imagine this would look great on those who have slightly oilier skin however as the finish would probably look more satin than matte on those and look more skin-like than on those with drier skin.

on 4/24/2016 5:12:00 AM

This is by far the most expensive foundation I own but it's so worth it. This is truly the "your skin but better" foundation and is my go-to when I want to look pretty in the daytime under bright sunshine or a lot of light which can make some other foundations look cakey or unnatural. It looks so natural on and has a natural satin finish. It lasts all day on my skin and the concealer is a nice addition as well and works fairly well to really hide and even out any remaining blemishes. I would best describe this as making you look so pretty with gorgeous skin.

This has a medium coverage.

There are other foundations I would use for a more airbrushed (Dior) or fuller daytime coverage (it cosmetics CC cream) but for the days when you want to look pretty and natural this foundation is it!

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

I love everything from Caviar line, from the cream to eye cream to eye serum to facial serum; I also love the compact foundation from La Prairie, which is the best compact foundation I've ever used so I decided to give the cream foundation a try.

And it is useless... It looks just alright on my face for the first hour, which isn;t worth its price already; and it lasts for like another half hour then starts to become greasy. The coverage is very weak, and I need to use quite a bit for each time. It is indeed very moisturising, but considering its ridiculous price tag, I would definitely expect much more than that.

I didn't give up, I purchased the loose powder to give it another try. The loose powder is huge and fine, I use it to set the foundation but it doesnt really help much. So I simply use the compact powder to set it, but the compact works perfectly by itself anyway and I really dont need the foundation underneath. Anyway, with my experience with makeup products from La Prairie, I would only suggest their company foundation, which alone works very well and stay on skin like forever.

on 7/28/2015 8:29:00 PM

I love this foundation! It has a silky texture, great coverage and it last forever. I used one bottle for an year and a half ( every day). I had foundation from Clinique, Estee Lauder, Dior, By Terry, Lancome, Yves Saint Laurent etc. but this one is superior. The only cons is the jar packaging. I hope that will be change because is not hygienic and all the good ingredients lose the properties in a short time.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Well, it is nice. The formula is luxurious. The staying power sucks balls. I spent a ton of money on this and will definitely use it up, but only for special occasions as it just doesn't seem to wear that long... The concealer was awesome though and I thoroughly enjoyed it and will continue to use that up too. Not worth the cost, but a nice splurge if you want to feel fancy for a night! Also, it does impart a pretty glow... :-)

on 5/21/2014 6:05:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm

Hands down my all time favorite foundation, sadly I'm unable to repurchase it, due to a QA/color issue. The most expensive foundation I ever bought, by far, but I just had to have it after trying a sample from the makeup counter. I loved how my skin looked with this foundation in beige. The jar is a bit ridiculous and suffice it to say, it's tough getting all of it out, without an extra long spatula. I blindly repurchased the same foundation and color, prior to going on a business trip. Although the foundation and texture is the same, the color is definitely not. All the colors now resembles peach/peche in tone. I've talked to a couple of SA's and emailed the company. Supposedly there was a bad batch at one time, but it's unclear if I first received the off color I like so much and can't find now. No response from the company yet, and I've visited different department stores, but no luck at finding my old color. I have the sads and this sparked my latest foundie search, which is not fun.

Great product. Absorbs well, covers well, and does not become cakey.