REVLON Lipstick in General

No Image

2.9

on 2/24/2009 1:20:00 PM

Wow, I just bought the Super lustrous lipstick in Sultry Sable. I am Iranian and have light olive skin. When I put on this lipstick, I get a lot of looks and compliments. It goes on very nicely, lasts a very long time, it does not dry up your lips, the color is absolutely fabulous and sexy, and the price is reasonably cheap. You would be a fool to invest in more expensive lipsticks because this line is fabulous. A must buy.

on 12/17/2004 1:23:00 PM

I agree with the others - with all of Revlon's advertising when are they going to realize they have the worst smelling cosmetics on the planet. Even the other stuff smells terrible but their lipsticks are absolutely the worse. Sometimes the colors are not too bad but the smell overides it and you just cannot enjoy the product. What is wrong those Revlon marketers - don't they smell their products themselves??

on 12/17/2004 1:06:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure

I have used revlon cocoa bean for 10 years. I love it not as moisturizing as I would like but I use lip balm underneath which makes color a little sheerer.

on 6/23/2004 5:24:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

Even though this is Revlon's plain old brand of tube lipstick, I was quite surprised (and pleased) with its performance when I first used some. To this day, the Revlon Super Lustrous line is the lipstick I buy the most of, use the most of, and reccommend to others the most. This lipstick is incredibly durable. I'm not saying you won't ever have to reapply some color, but for a regular, everyday lipstick, this stuff is really good. It's a good all-day lipstick for those of you who prefer the plain old tube lipstick, or are afraid of the two-step all day lipcolor systems.

A lot of long-lasting lipsticks tend to suck the moisture out of your lips. The Super Lustrous doesn't do that. The color feels good going on, and it stays bold and comfortable for a long time. I reccommend this lipstick the most because not only does it last comfortably, but because there is such a large variety of colors to choose from. Granted, there's other companies like Cover Girl and Maybelline that also have a large variety of colors to choose from, but its staying power is what makes Revlon's Super Lustrous a step above all the rest, in my opinion. I expect a lot from my lipstick and where all others have failed, Revlon has not only met my expectations, it surpassed them.

on 1/15/2004 2:13:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

I don't usually buy Revlon lipstick. Some of them do have a soapy taste or gritty texture. However, I bought some Moisturous Lipstick in limited edition shades of chocolate (Chocolate Drizzle looks like a regular offering), and I think they're great. They are creamy, matte and blend in nicely. They last for a while, but look more natural to me than the wet, shiny lipsticks. The regular shades of Moisturous don't look as appealing to me as the chocolate ones- they are more pink or red. The darker shades do leave a line on the lip. :-(

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

EVerytime I go into a drugstore to look, I find a great color and I bring it home and yuck! The smell. I can't tolerate it. I keep saying I will cause they are cheaper and they have some nice colors, but I can't. I have sworn them off also.

on 10/19/2002 6:09:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

(Revlon Moon Drops - Frost
Moisture Frost Lipstick, Golddipped Rose) Okay the color is pretty buuuuut... oh my the SMELL!!!! It reminds me of maybe something circa 1970 that somebody's grandmother would wear! Consistency is a little thin for my liking, but really it just SMELLS and that's really all you need to know. I would recommend to only wear this when you have a doozy of a cold. Stuffed nose is required for this.

Don't get me wrong...Revlon has some beautiful colours to choose from, but the scent of these reminds me of my grandma's perfume, sort of powdery floral. Kind of nauseating after awhile. Plus the consistancy is a little on the waxy side.

I went out looking for Revlon lipstick, because of the rave reviews in the Brush On Shine section for the Mulled Cider color. Well, I couldn't find the Brush On Shine in Mulled Cider, but I did find the Super Lustrous Lipstick in Mulled Cider, and I really enjoy the color and the feel of the lipstick. While the fragrance is somewhat bothersome as it really does contribute a bit of a...taste...to the lipstick, it seems to wear very well. Plus, while it lasts quite a bit, it also fades gracefully, rather than leaving that "please someone give me a glass of water" line on the lower lip. I really like this product for the price.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

OK. They have some pretty colors but the SMELL is horrible! I suppose if you can get over the odor, this might be for you. But the smell is strong, when you open the tube to apply this, much less when you actually have it on your mouth! Pass this up unless you can handle that lipsticky odor.