3.4

package quality

price range

Reviews

6 years ago

This is an old cult favorite for a reason! It absorbs rapidly and seriously moisturizes without making your skin sticky or greasy. It makes your face baby soft. I have pretty dry skin and it moisturized it perfectly...I've tried sooo many drugstore face lotions! I've tried L'Oreal, Neutrogena, St. Ives, even the supposedly super moisturizing Cetaphil! Even Aquaphor didn't do anything for the dullness and lack of color. Nothing worked on my dull tired looking dry skin....I even tried using almond oil as a moisturizer and it didn't work. Absolutely none of it worked. I got a small sample bottle of Clinique's Dramatically Different face lotion and liked it...I was going to buy it but decided to try this first. So glad I did! It has a very similar consistency, both leave your skin silky smooth and absorb super quickly. Additionally, both have mineral oil as a main ingredient. BUY THIS you won't regret it.

About reviewer (27 reviews)

Age19-24

SkinOther, Other

HairOther

EyesOther

7 years ago

This is a great basic moisturizer, though I don't notice any huge benefits aside from it not ever breaking me out. My skin is pale, dry and sensitive, so this is good when it's acting up and it keeps me moisturized. I use it mostly during the warmer months since I need heavier creams in winter. I've been using this and other Olay lotions/creams at night for several years now, and have been super-happy with them. But I'm looking into some dermatologist-recommended products like Cerave so I may move away from this if I find something that improves my skin in addition to just moisturizing it. Still - this is a great basic moisturizer for night time if you have a simple routine and don't want to spend a lot of money to keep it up.

About reviewer (20 reviews)

Age30-35

SkinDry, Fair, Neutral

HairBrunette, Wavy, Fine

7 years ago

I am a big fan of the active hydrating cream but I wanted to try something a bit lighter. For reference, I do have oily skin. Has the exact same smell as the cream; baby powder fragrance. I love using this lotion during the day. It's light yet it moisturizes well. Doesn't leave my face greasy plus I haven't broken out from this product. Works well under my makeup. Def would repurchase this instead of the cream!

About reviewer (732 reviews)

SkinOily, Medium, Warm

HairBrunette, Wavy, Medium

3.0

7 years ago

During the winter time, my sky gets really dry and flaky, so I need something a little more moisturizing and on the heavier side. Yes, I get oily right away, but I'm okay with it by myself at night because I'd rather my skin be replenished a bit at night. I wouldn't put this on during the day though. Maybe just a tiny teeny dab. I actually like the smell of Olay. I wouldn't call it my HG moisturizer.

About reviewer (243 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair

8 years ago

I haven't written many reviews but feel absolutely compelled to write one for this product. I absolutely REGRET using this. It caused me to BREAK OUT so horribly! I seriously hadn't had so many (horrible) blemishes on my face since I was about 15 years old! I could not believe what this did to my skin, and seeing as I had not changed anything else in my routine, I know this was the culprit. Within 2 days of not using this lotion, my face has started to heal and the blemishes are disappearing. Never again. If you're acne-prone, don't even risk using this...I'm not acne-prone and this brought me back to my teen years. It has a strong fragrance as well, so those that are bothered by scents in their products will probably be turned off by this. The only thing I like about this is that it's a squeeze bottle, nothing else. DO NOT USE!

About reviewer (3 reviews)

SkinVery Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

HairBlond, Straight, Fine

EyesBlue

8 years ago

I don't understand how this is oil free and leaves my face so..oily! I wanted to love this because it's not a bad price and I love pink. but gosh, this stuff does have a 'smell'- not too bad but still. And it just doesn't do anything for my skin. People say that it sinks right in, but on mine, it halfway does and my skin gets so oily greasy looking and there's a film. I've had to use 2 blotting papers in the day because of it. Also been getting tiny bumps on my cheeks. I don't feel my skin is refreshed at all and it feels so dirty. My skin has also been flaking more. I wish I could get a DS moisturizer that my skin would actually absorb.

About reviewer (36 reviews)

SkinSensitive, Fair, Cool

HairBrunette, Curly, Medium

8 years ago

I like this product a lot. I use it in the morning and then put a layer of sun cream on. It moisturizes pretty well and doesn’t break out my skin which I like about it. I didn’t really like the smell when I first open the bottle but I adjust to it later. I like the bottle package so then I don’t have to dip my finger into it. The price is reasonable.

About reviewer (11 reviews)

Age19-24

SkinNormal, Fair-Medium

EyesBlack

8 years ago

I don't have the problem any of the others have had with this product as far as causing breakouts (which I get all the time). I consider this right now to be my HG moisturizer (alongside Cream de la Mer) and its really cheap too. I put it on the first night I bought it before I went to bed, and when I woke up my skin was SOOOOOOO soft. I will definitely buy again. The only down side like others have noted is the smell, it smells like an old ladys lotion. Besides that it works great for me.

About reviewer (5 reviews)

AgeUnder 18

SkinNormal, Fair

9 years ago

As soon as I opened the bottle, the smell was the first thing that hit me, and let me tell you - it wasn't pretty. I believe the first comparison that came to mind was: "This smells like an old person's nursing home." And everyone else who smelled it agrees. This didn't help much by way of moisturizing; I could still feel my skin getting a little flaky and dry. Overall, not impressed. I wouldn't recommend it. The smell alone should drive you away. Biggest waste of $10.

About reviewer (4 reviews)

AgeUnder 18

SkinAcne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

HairBlack, Relaxed, Medium

2.0

10 years ago

I think I just need to stay away from olay. I hate how they all smell, which is a problem with a product you are applying on and around your nose. This is a basic every day lotion and it works okay. My combo skin gets too oily with it though. My make up slides right off. Yuck. Between the smell and the oilyness, yuck. This is one of two olay products I have tried, and I strongly dislike them both!

About reviewer (545 reviews)

SkinAcne-prone, Fair, Neutral