Cinema Secrets Ultimate Foundation

Cinema Secrets Ultimate Foundation
Cinema SecretsUltimate FoundationUltimate Foundation

4.3

Caprylic Capric Triglyceride, Octyldodecanol, Cetyl Palmitate, Carnauba Candelillia Cera, Dimethicone Kaolin Aloe Barbadensis Tocopherol, Parfum. May contain: Titanium Dioxide CI 77891, Iron Oxides CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499, Ultramarines CI 77007, Red 36 CI 12085, Red 7 CI 45850:1, Carmine CI 75470, Yellow 5CI 19140

on 5/15/2017 4:08:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

I keep rereading the very informative review below of Todster63

I have already written a review of Cinema secrets foundation under foundation palette. I am NC30-35, Asian olive combination skin, prone to hives and milia, and I use both palette #3 for olive skin tone, and I have also been using palette corrector #2 (formerly probably CS 600 palette which is arguably not entirely necessary unless you want to play around with the shades). I have bought multiples of palette 3 for both me and my mom and I probably use shades 302-65A and 304-32 the most. I make sure that my face doesn't have any dry patches, but my face is relatively dry upon application. I don't apply to the full face, but only where I have issues.

I used to apply with a damp sponge, which is okay for general sweeping coverage, but not what I currently need. Now, I prefer to stipple it on very sparingly with an elf small stipple brush or my sigma angled kabuki and blend well with Ben Nye Olive Sand loose powder (olive sand is close to my skin tone but a bit brighter and darker. (Ben Nye banana is more of a highlighting powder for me, but I sometimes mix them). And I Buff off excess and blend a lot. I mist my face with CS moisture spray which makes it look like skin. It doesn't look cakey or transfer. If I want to ensure longevity, I also spray a cotton pad with WnW setting spray and dab. When that dries, everything is really set. When I touch my face, it feels like skin. There is no need to repowder during the day. If/when my nose gets shiny, I might press with one of those oil absorbing sheets. But, I do not use foundation on my oily t zone, just primer and powder.

Sometimes I mix the foundation with medium of choice (only a drop of moisturizer, sunscreen, primer, luminizer, etc, (a Wayne Goss recommendation). In summer, I will select a darker shade for a sort of DIY BB cream. Other times I use Wayne Goss's powder before foundation technique which will give the foundation even more grip.

I've used CS primer (silicone); monostat (silicone); elf primer (lotion), elf hydrating under eye primer all over the face, WnW primer, and a few others. I've also used moisturizers as primer. Whatever works for you. Sometimes, esp. if I know I am going to set with WnW, I don't bother with primer.

I do have a palette etc, but I am lazy and often use just my face or the back of my hand. A mini spatula or clean brush can pick up product. I end up using a lot less product than the typical recommendation.

Basically using CS gives me the flexibility to decide what kind of coverage I want and what medium I need. The whole process takes less than 5- 10 minutes.

As a professional working makeup artist this has been my absolute GO TO foundation for nearly 10 years now.. I actually combine this foundation with my Face Atelier Ultra foundation. I would apply the FA first then go over with cinema secrets.. My god these two foundations are made for each other.. I get nothing but great positive feedback from every client I ever have..!

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

I adore this product. When I was in makeup school, this is the product we used for foundation and concealer (we had multiple palates for all shades of course) and it quickly became one of my favourites. It builds beautifully, has a finish that's not matte but not dewy, just a silly skin finish, and works well as a concealer as well with minimal creasing. I will continue to buy this

This a low down review for media foundations—you are reading this if you are researching Cinema Secrets or RCMA foundations (my favorites), which are mainly used by pro MA’s for television, movie and still photography work. But they are becoming more and more popular for those of us wanting superlative natural makeup in day to day life on the streets. Both are versatile as they can function both as opaque concealer or heavy foundation, but also as a more sheer foundation, all from one product. They may turn some consumers off, as they come in very plain pancake screw top packaging—no fancy frosted glass jars, and they aren’t available at your favorite department store with gleaming counters and shimmery lights.

With these foundations you often hear--over and over again--that they apply like “a second skin”. And this is TRUE--being marketed for high definition cameras sets them apart from foundations formulated and marketed toward the consumer. CS and RCMA most often look completely natural on the skin and yet they provide a flawless glowing natural looking coverage. Part of what makes these foundations so natural, so undetectable and so glowing, is not only great unique formulations, but also the fact that they come in a vast array of human skin colored tones and undertones, making it much easier to get a very close match to your skin color. In fact matching colors with CS or RCMA can be dauntingly hard as online color swatches are miserable, and since so few brick and mortar stores sell these foundations for you to try on (except in the largest cities). Camera Ready Cosmetics in Dallas has a wonderful mail-in color matching service for media foundations, and I highly recommend their website. They help over the phone with superlative service too. Plus they’ll even sell you modest samples of these foundations making an excellent color match that much easier to make, not to mention that the samples are large enough that you can try these foundations for a week or more before deciding.

These foundations (particularly RCMA) have a learning curve, and they will take more time to apply in the morning than say slapping on Double Wear or Colorstay or Armani Silk. Media foundations meld into the skin wonderfully, disappearing as they cover redness and imperfections. With a good color match you cannot blend these foundations by spreading the color around on your face (as most of us do with traditional consumer foundations), because you won’t be able to SEE any color as it just melds and disappears into your skin. Instead you have to learn to blend and cover by how much more perfect your skin looks, and how well the redness or scaring or other imperfection, have vanished. While these foundations are heavily pigmented, they do not cover opaquely quickly in one pass—not like more “grease-paint” full coverage foundations such as MAC Full Coverage or Lauder's Double Wear Camouflage. For the few that need complete full coverage foundation you need to go back over and layer with a decent amount of product where needed (though you can just spackle it on for smaller concealer purposes). On the plus side, they also don’t look nearly as cakey with this much coverage like the more traditional and greasy textured full coverage foundations or concealers can quickly look.

These foundations absolutely have to be set with a powder, preferably a loose setting powder. So powder selection becomes more important. Many rave over RCMA’s low cost No-Color powder, I prefer MUFE HD powder, while others adore Laura Mercier. Just be aware that powder will be needed, but when a high quality powder is well applied, no-color or translucent powders only enhance the glowing finish of CS and RCMA foundations, and make them crease proof and all day lasting.

Cinema Secrets is my favorite with its silicone base. Their color selections are marvelous and broad, and the formulation is more creamy and easier to work with than RCMA. Cinema Secrets vanishes into the skin with lightening speed. It’s also a little easier and quicker to build up to full opaque coverage if that’s what you’re looking for, or if using as a concealer. Cinema Secrets is very long lasting (particularly over a silicone primer), as in often lasting for 12+ hours. Damp BeautyBlender or Sigma F80 work wonderfully with these foundations for me, though the damp Blender can soak up a fair amount of the creamier CS. I also strongly feel that the Cinema Secrets is much more hydrating and comfortable for drier skin types (though if you do set with the right amount of powder, it can start to feel dryer toward the end of the day).

RCMA is a tad more natural looking—truly a second skin. However the wax formulation has one of the most unique textures in the cosmetic world—it’s hard like butter from the fridge and can sometimes be downright chunky or cloddy. For more sheer coverage applications a damp sponge or brush pounced into the pot might work in a warm bathroom, but for most applications RCMA needs to be dug/scraped out of its pot and then warmed slightly and coaxed with warmth into a more creamy (and flat) texture; on the back of your hand or on a palette with your finger work best. More work than CS, but the finish is truly gorgeous, glowing and approaches truly invisible more than any other medium-full foundation I have experienced. HOWEVER, in my experience (with dry skin no less!) RCMA does not last well—it starts to fade after 3-4 hours (taking blush and contour and highlighter with it); only about 50-60% coverage remains after 6-8 hours, and mere wispy fragments are left at the 12 hour mark. For this reason alone, I pass on RCMA (and I have experimented with various primers). It’s very slight advantage in glowing invisible appearance is completely negated for me by its poor lasting power, and the extra coaxing it takes to get it to the right consistency in the morning. BUT, others claim long

on 12/6/2015 3:37:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

This foundation, while it looks absolutely lovely and is easy to work with, broke me out so badly that I can't touch it again. I tested it on separate occasions and every time it's been the same. By the end of the first day pores are clogged on my chin, nose and forehead. My skin start getting bumpy, and after just a few days I'm getting cysts and whiteheads all over. What a shame!

on 12/6/2015 3:38:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

on 4/11/2014 11:35:00 PM

I deal quite a bit with photographs. I first became acquainted with Cinema Secrets from http://camerareadycosmetics.com/ And then I did more research. If this product was great in the early days for the movie industry; why wouldn't it still be good? It photographs very well. I don't need pretty packaging. The price is great. I even buy a small one to keep in my purse. I apply with a damp beauty blender, a sigma brush or the best tools--my fingers. Won't be without it.

Skin type: Combo-oily
Tone: Around NC30
Shade in CS: 302

I got a sample of this foundation and luckily 302 was a nice match. Normally I like sheer foundations and if I have any trouble areas I use concealer. So I'll start off with the finish of this. It has a satin natural finish (nothing overly matte or glowy), when applied with a damp beauty-blender you can sheer out the application or you can use a flat top brush for more coverage. I personally like to use this with a flat brush from Real Techniques. I use this in three ways: 1. a spot concealer on top of my tinted moisturizer or nars sheer matte fndt. 2. sometimes I will dab some of the CS foundation and then spread it with a slightly damp flat brush. 3. I'll use this just as a concealer and then top it off with some setting powder. But for the most part I like to use it as a concealer for the face. I also sometimes use the shade 602 as an undereye concealer if I want more coverage or as a night look. It does crease a bit but I set it with a setting powder. When using it as an undereye concealer I use a dry synthetic round/flat brush to push it and spread it. Now overall you have to be light handed with this foundation and with setting powders so it doesn't look cakey. If done correctly it has a nice satin natural finish. On my combo-oily skin it holds up pretty well though sometimes if I have a stubborn spot to cover I may have to reapply at some point. I may try a setting spray or a better primer in the future to see if that helps. But overall I'd recommend it for any skin type to try this out. You can sheer it out or basically use as full coverage. Now mind you if you have any serious pigmentation problem areas or even redness you might need to color correct first then apply the foundation. A little goes a long way, so my sample and a full size would last quiet some time.

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure

One of the pricier PRO brands (compared to Ben Nye, Kryolan, Mehron and RCMA), but still better and more affordable overall than department store foundations. I use this as an alternative to Kryolan's TV Paint Stick when in cooler weather. Cinema secrets ultimate foundation is oilier, and it spreads farther than the TV paint stick. Nonetheless, staying power is as great when set properly. 302-65A is a seamless match when blended. If you have a good facial cleansing routine, you shouldn't worry about this breaking you out.

on 9/14/2014 3:18:00 PM

I went on a cream foundation binge and ended up buying a few foundations from Cinema Secrets. I read on many websites that this is TV foundation, and looks good on screen. Since you must order online, it is very hard to choose a perfect shade. I have NC40, combination skin, and this product is very oily! It moves throughout the day and starts oxidizing. I must admit though that it does cover well and looks good on the skin for a short period of time, so if you are planning on wearing it for a few hours max and are not planning to go out in the heat, you may like it. Just be prepared to break out if you have oily skin or are prone to breakouts. The shade that is closest to my skin-tone is 303-66A, although I would prefer something about 2 shares lighter (but again, since I purchased this online, there was no way for me to tell the exact shade). The ingredients don't seem too great, the first ingredient listed is - Hydrogenated Polyisobutene and the second ingredient is Caprylic Triglyceride. Further, I believe the packaging of the product makes it more prone to collecting bacteria and may lead to more breakouts. I believe I paid about $15 for this product and I personally don't like it much. I have been trying to use it up on clients who have dry skin and only intend to wear it for a short time. Personally, I would say save your money and invest in something else.