MAC Intoxicate Eyeshadow (from the Femme Noir Collection)

No Image

4.5

on 11/14/2017 7:51:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure

This is a very rich deep inky blackened purple.Highly pigmented and very opaque. The veluxe finish is very bomb. There's nothing like it. This and Signed Sealed are my absolute favorites for a smokey eye and a cut crease. They both have hints of black and brown, but the purple does show up in both shades. So with the purple actually showing, it gives that something special to the look, rather that just straight black or brown. More of a wow factor in my opinion.

on 7/24/2009 11:16:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm

Intoxicate .... is killer! This is seriously one of my most used e/s when I want a smokey eye without reverting to the run-of-the-mill black. Intoxicate is a rich blackened plum with a rich purple undertone. It's a veluxe, so it goes on with incredible pigmentation, and diffuses beautifully with the 217. Definitely one of my favorite "smokey" shadows, that works well with a variety of base colors (I love it with Jest, Pink Freeze, Pink Papillion or Rite of Spring.)

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

This is such a gorgeous wine eyeshadow! Creates a wonderful smokey eye and is so easy to apply. It is one of the Veluxe eyeshadows and if they all apply this easily and high pigmented then I have to buy more. One of the best MAC shadows I have tried.

This isn't a daytime shadow or everyday wear shadow for me, but I like to wear it when I go out. It's too much to put all over my lid, so I use it just in the crease and wear Dove-feather as a base.

on 12/23/2004 7:29:00 PM

This is a very deep, matte purple color. I got this hoping it would be lighter and that I'd be able to wear this on the lid, but when I put it on the lid it made my eyes look very tiny. I now use it as a liner from time to time, but defanitly not a repurchase.

on 10/31/2004 4:07:00 PM

new HG eyeliner, dramatic but adds a shine that black e/l can't, sexy and dramatic.

on 9/21/2004 4:06:00 PM

i hate to sound gauche, but the color of this shadow is just like its name- INTOXICATING! it's a dark sultry eggplantish purple color, and just makes my eyes pop (i'm ppp/lll, blue eyes, blonde, C15/C2)! so far, EVERYTHING i've tried this with works- and well! i love it with sable for one of the most gorgeous smoky eyes. it also makes for a nice combo when used with seedy pearl and trax. a very versatile and beautiful shadow, i'm sorry that it took me so long to discover this!

Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm

This is a deep dark rich plummy purple color. I wear it in the crease with Blackberry on the lids- a similar but lighter and slightly more pinkish plum.

on 10/22/2003 2:20:00 AM

The color reviews are very accurate, I would like to add it is a Velux formulation. However I had an allergic reaction to this color, every time I applied it my eyes itched like crazy. I only used it as a liner twice and had to return it. Pity.

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

I also love this eyeshadow. It is dark enough to line but not so dark that it just comes out black. The plum color is definitely visible. I agree that it is great for lining, and looks surprisingly beautiful with Snappy on my blue/green eyes. I used to hate matte eyeshadow, but these veluxe shadows are yummy. When mixed with other textures of eyeshadows, like frost or satin or lustre, they bring depth and complexity.