Quo Satin Face Pressed Powder

Quo Satin Face Pressed Powder

3.2

I love this powder foundation. :) It comes in a nice case and the mirror inside is extra handy. It's really soft and light but still does a good coverage job on my skin, it doesnt irritate my skin either!! It has lots of colours to choose from and I just so happened to have found one that matches my skintone perfectly. It works as a top-layer over liquid foundation quite well too, and if your skins oily it definitely hides the greasy look, while it doesn't dry out dry skin. I am almost out of this amazing stuff, so I'm going to have to make my repurchase soon! I recommend it.

on 7/15/2007 7:12:00 PM

I never buy any drugstore makeup.... except for this one. I used to use Estee Lauder pressed powder but the packaging was awful and the powder would always be all over the mirror and puff. So I decided to try this and I'm actually quite surprised at how well this product works.... keeps the shine at bay by giving you very sheer coverage, is great for my sensitive skin and the packaging is great.

on 11/11/2006 10:36:00 AM

I find this product works best as a highliter. Its not pressed too tightly, so one stroke of the pad and it could go on quite heavy on your face. I find it works well when using a powder brush, gives a light dusting and a light glow to the skin. I like to use it on my cheek bones for a radiant look more than a pressed powder.

I gave it a 3 because it doesn't really do what its meant to do, but it still works well when used diferantly.

on 10/7/2005 11:49:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

Oh God... awful! I put the price as being very expensive, because price is relative. For something amazing, I would say $20 was cheap. But for this? ...yeah. Packaging is functional but ugly, and I hate the shoddy excuse for an applicator that it comes with. I actually didn't mean to buy this product, the salesgirl gave me the wrong thing by mistake... and, I was going to buy the lighter colour, but she insisted on testing it on me first, and she thought the nude colour would suit me best. Oh man, WRONG! If you're interested in this product, be sure to test it in natural light. Under the store lights, it looked fine, but outside? Holy orange! And, when I took a closer look at it at home, I noticed the tiny shimmer particles in it. Personally, I like my powders shimmer-free. True, the shimmer doesn't really read as shimmer on the face, unless you load this stuff on, but you'll never achieve a truly matte look with a shimmery powder (which should go without saying, I guess). And isn't that what most of us buy powder for in the first place? I'd say this is probably better for dry skin, except my skin is combination, and the parts that get oily get crazy oily. And this product made even the shiniest parts of my face feel like a raisin. Boourns!

on 7/8/2004 2:53:00 PM

I don't like this powder mainly because of the color range. I bought it in Warm Beige but it was the wrong color for me and gives an ashey-gray look. The finish is
not that great.
I prefer the MAC select sheer pressed powder.
But I must admit that the quality of Quo's eyeshadows are just superb.

Ok well the lady at Shopper's sold me the wrong color. It looked ok in the store but is way to orange and dark in natural light. It was the lightest color they had too so I'm going to say the the color selection is poor...But I was not tremendously impressed with this anyway. It seems to be very dry and not finely milled at all. I kinda wanted this to set the concealor under my eyes but it is way too shimmery and actually accentuates my dark circles. Additionally, it smells like fudge or something which is not exactly what I feel like having on my face. The look and coverage on the rest of my face is decent except for the colour. I would just say this is OK. Not worth $18 + tax. If you're at SDM, get Lise Waiter instead.

on 1/23/2004 6:45:00 PM

I brought this powder today and I don't think it is good at all. Not wroth $18.

on 12/18/2003 10:26:00 PM

I love this too. I bought Warm Beige and it's a golden color more than it is orange.

The smell is okay and I agree that there is slight shimmer, but really, it doesnt show up on my skin.

It's sheer, sheer, sheer.

I'm surprised nobody has reviewed this yet.

This is my favorite powder. I only purchased it on a whim (and it was a shade too dark) but went back for more in the proper shade.

This is a medium-coverage powder that gives the skin a very slight shimmer -- hence the "satin" in the name, I suppose. It goes on very smoothly with the sponge supplied. The packaging is great -- a stylish black compact with separate compartments for the sponge and powder itself. It smells slightly of brown sugar.

The shade selection may be lacking for those on both ends of the spectrum. I'm using the lightest shade, Nude, on my LLL, yellow-based Asian skin, and it's absolutely perfect. [Edit] Well, I thought it was perfect, but this oxidizes to a nasty orange shade on me. Very disappointing, as I LOVE this powder. continued >>