OPI Blushingham Palace

No Image

4.3

on 11/27/2011 1:29:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

OPI's Blushingham Palace is a warm-toned, dusty, blushed-rose light-medium pink polish with a borderline metallic/borderline frosty finish. This one, IMO, is very safe, work appropriate, and "mature." The color, on my fair skin with yellow undertones, leans toward the peachy-rose gold/gilded rosy mauve end of the spectrum and isn't very flattering to my skin tone. (It kind of gives my cuticles that dirty-tanned hue.) The finish is reminiscent of pearly polish finishes from the 1980s. The application was very smooth and totally opaque in two coats; however, because of the semi-frosty finish, there were very faint brush stroke lines. Wear time was very good at four to five days with no chipping or cracking with SV as my topcoat. All in all, I really don't care for this color as it clashes with my skin tones. (Other reviewers have stated they see mauve/lilac/purple tones in this but on me there were none of those colors - just dusty rosy bronzed mauve.) All in all, I do not care for this color and would not purchase it again.

on 3/7/2010 6:14:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

I am wearing Blushingham Palace right now while I am doing this review. For some reason it has been sitting with all her sisters for a while but I haven't give it a go. Every now and then I will pick up this bottle and have a look and said "I will give you a go" and then for some reason, I put it down and put on a different color. I don't think it's fair on her so I decided to put it on tonight. It's very frosty and shimmery. It's definitely dusty rose/pink with a bit of mauve tone in it. Application is so easy but I do agree with some viewers, this is more granny color to me which at this moment, I am not one yet. But I don't mind wearing it to work but not for a girl night out. It's from the British Collection and this is one of the few colors that OPI still make. Probably because it has to satifsy their granny clients. Anyway, at least I give it a go and may be I will put it on again after 10 years and see whether I will grow to like it. I am not saying I am disliking this color but it's not one of my favourites.

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

Totally agree with mudpie1964 - this is a very old lady shade of frosted rose petal pink. It's too 80s throwback for my taste, but nevertheless it is a pretty colour. Application is excellent, as with all frosted OPI polishes, although it is somewhat watery and requires two shades for even application.

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

I love this shade! I find it pretty complex. I would call it a metallic medium dusty rose-mauve. I am NW25 and find this perfect for toes and hands. It's very feminine and springy.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

OPI's Blushingham Palace is a frosty medium light pink-rose color. I wasn't impressed with this color because it was way too frosty in a 1970s kind of way and looked like a shade my grandmother (bless her soul) wore back then. The application was a little "off" because of the frostiness (brush strokes) but the whole mani lasted well with no chips or crazing until day five or six (typical OPI quality). Also, it was opaque at two coats. However, I really didn't like this color and had to put a layer of Movin' Out over the top to make it interesting (that's a very neat combination BTW). So I'm giving it a 2 based on the color factor alone and wouldn't repurchase based on that.

on 3/22/2007 7:18:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I hate to be one of the few people who say "meh" on this product, but I'll say it. Meh. Loved the color in the bottle, but for some reason, once I got this on, it just didn't do much for me. The color is a bit brighter than I expected it to be, and a bit more pink that I wanted. If it were just a shade up or down from what it is, I think I'd like it much better. It is a pretty color, but just not the best on me. Definitely a color for cool-toned gals. I haven't tried it on my toes yet, but i have a feeling that I will like it much better on my toes as a spring/summer color. OPI quality is still there, though, so I can't knock it for that.

on 3/6/2007 3:12:00 PM

This is such a gorgeous, complex shade. In certain lights, it appears to be a shimmery medium pink; in other lights, it shines of a blue-toned violet! Unfortunately, this didn't last 2 days on me, even when I used it with Nail Envy. I want so much to love this, but don't think I will be repurchasing due to the chip factor. :(

on 2/14/2007 3:14:00 PM

The sweetest shimmery pink violet. Not a sheer.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Straight, Coarse

Very pretty colour. Not too loud and distracting, more on the subtle elegance side. It is really shimmery, kind of frosty, but highly pigmented as well, not sheer. I have cool-toned fair skin and this shade looks great on me, would most definitely work for a wide range of skintones, though. Okay to wear all year long. Great consistency that makes for easy application.

on 8/26/2006 12:21:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

Shimmery cool pink/mauve that's a perfect transition color from summer to fall. Typical great OPI quality. Conservative enough for the office but interesting enough to be far from boring. This will be a staple in my nail polish wardrobe.

Popular Polishes