OPI Blushingham Palace

Filtered by hair type : Straight
No Image

on 11/27/2011 1:29:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

OPI's Blushingham Palace is a warm-toned, dusty, blushed-rose light-medium pink polish with a borderline metallic/borderline frosty finish. This one, IMO, is very safe, work appropriate, and "mature." The color, on my fair skin with yellow undertones, leans toward the peachy-rose gold/gilded rosy mauve end of the spectrum and isn't very flattering to my skin tone. (It kind of gives my cuticles that dirty-tanned hue.) The finish is reminiscent of pearly polish finishes from the 1980s. The application was very smooth and totally opaque in two coats; however, because of the semi-frosty finish, there were very faint brush stroke lines. Wear time was very good at four to five days with no chipping or cracking with SV as my topcoat. All in all, I really don't care for this color as it clashes with my skin tones. (Other reviewers have stated they see mauve/lilac/purple tones in this but on me there were none of those colors - just dusty rosy bronzed mauve.) All in all, I do not care for this color and would not purchase it again.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

OPI's Blushingham Palace is a frosty medium light pink-rose color. I wasn't impressed with this color because it was way too frosty in a 1970s kind of way and looked like a shade my grandmother (bless her soul) wore back then. The application was a little "off" because of the frostiness (brush strokes) but the whole mani lasted well with no chips or crazing until day five or six (typical OPI quality). Also, it was opaque at two coats. However, I really didn't like this color and had to put a layer of Movin' Out over the top to make it interesting (that's a very neat combination BTW). So I'm giving it a 2 based on the color factor alone and wouldn't repurchase based on that.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Straight, Coarse

Very pretty colour. Not too loud and distracting, more on the subtle elegance side. It is really shimmery, kind of frosty, but highly pigmented as well, not sheer. I have cool-toned fair skin and this shade looks great on me, would most definitely work for a wide range of skintones, though. Okay to wear all year long. Great consistency that makes for easy application.

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

I lurve this color, I can say this is my top 5 color pick of OPI colors! It's a pearlescent medium pink/mauve color. The color looks amazing on all skin colors, and it just looks so feminine and pretty on my nails. The only downside is this color seems to last a day or two before it chips, this seems to be a downside to the pearlescent/metallic colors in the OPI line. I hope they never discontinue this color!

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

This is just awesome. It's a lavender/pink/mauve with a slight frost to it. A great color for fall that would look equally nice on hands and toes. I love finding shades like this that are muted and soft but aren't a sheer neutral. Being warm toned, I was worried that this would look weird on me but it doesn't at all. Highly recommend!

on 5/2/2005 12:32:00 PM

Very cute medium rosey mauve with a hint of lilac. Pearly/frosty finish. No shimmer. Sorta Barbie-ish, but quieter. A very girly color. Typical OPI quality in terms of wear. These suckers are expensive, though (around $8) and I can barely justify spending so much on polish I probably won't wear very often (I get bored of colors quickly and change my nail/toe color almost weekly). But good investment if you like the color.

Popular Polishes