OPI Blushingham Palace

Filtered by skin tone : Fair-Medium
No Image

on 5/5/2006 8:15:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

**PICTURE contained in this review, please click "continued >>" to see****
Wow this is a nice pleasant surprise, I'm on a nailpolish collecting mood this year and quickly got over 70 bottles of OPI/essie/China glaze etc salon brands within the space of 3 months, so for me to totally love a color it's gotta be special.
Well, Blushingham palace is special, consistency is great, applies really smooth and it's pigmented, two coats is plenty and i tried doing 3 coats and honestly it looks exactly the same. The color is a mauve-purply-rosey-pink infused with fine shimmers in the same shade. The purple undertone is not that strong, which makes it still wearable, the overall color is not too bright either, it's a very understated, yet elegant autumn mani color. Still very conservative office appropriate too. The finish is very fine shimmering glow, a tiny hint bordering metallic, but it's just so fine in shimmers it's not tacky or full metallic nail looking.

I included a pic below, it's fairly accurate but this color does look even softer/paler in most indoor lights. As you can see this is not a dominantly purple polish. I actually applied 1 coat of Senorita Rose-alita underneath first (it's a rosey-medium-pink with subtle gold shimmer that has underlying fuschia pink tones), but i thought it was a bit bright for office, then i painted 1 coat of blushingham palace over it and whola! instant pretty nails. I think layering a red or hot pink underneath might be able to tone down the purple tones for those who don't like purple. But just a tiny bit since this shade is very pigmented afterall.
continued >>

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

What a great "Grab them but don't push them over the top" shade!

I've failed to admit i'm 30+ and still very much like those "grab them by the throat" type colors, but some little voice scolds me I'm going to turn into that old lady with fuschia lip stick so I try to find some king of middle-ground compromise. This totally fits the bill.

It's a medium-to-dark pinky-purple with high metallic/shinyness. Yes theres definite purple in it, but its a rare breed of "Office-Friendly Purple" because the pink reigns it in abit.

It's definitely up there on the girlyness factor and just an overall fun shade without the "teeny-bopper" nor "las vegas stripper" effect.

Definitely one of my top OPI pics, applause for OPI (who i'm failing to mention deliver just such quality formulas that any time I stray I go running back begging forgiveness - OPI = holy grail of polishes!)

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

I love this shade! I find it pretty complex. I would call it a metallic medium dusty rose-mauve. I am NW25 and find this perfect for toes and hands. It's very feminine and springy.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

OPI's Blushingham Palace is a frosty medium light pink-rose color. I wasn't impressed with this color because it was way too frosty in a 1970s kind of way and looked like a shade my grandmother (bless her soul) wore back then. The application was a little "off" because of the frostiness (brush strokes) but the whole mani lasted well with no chips or crazing until day five or six (typical OPI quality). Also, it was opaque at two coats. However, I really didn't like this color and had to put a layer of Movin' Out over the top to make it interesting (that's a very neat combination BTW). So I'm giving it a 2 based on the color factor alone and wouldn't repurchase based on that.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This looked so beautiful in the bottle, like a swirly almost metallic blu-ish dark pink. On my nails it looks like it could be called "frosted grape" or "grape ice." Or. . .

. . .GRAPE EXPECTATIONS!!! Get it? Because of the British theme!!!! OK, sorry. That wasn't funny at all. ETA: I think Mother Road Rose is the color I really wanted this to be. Rosy-mauve.

on 3/22/2007 7:18:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I hate to be one of the few people who say "meh" on this product, but I'll say it. Meh. Loved the color in the bottle, but for some reason, once I got this on, it just didn't do much for me. The color is a bit brighter than I expected it to be, and a bit more pink that I wanted. If it were just a shade up or down from what it is, I think I'd like it much better. It is a pretty color, but just not the best on me. Definitely a color for cool-toned gals. I haven't tried it on my toes yet, but i have a feeling that I will like it much better on my toes as a spring/summer color. OPI quality is still there, though, so I can't knock it for that.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Straight, Coarse

Very pretty colour. Not too loud and distracting, more on the subtle elegance side. It is really shimmery, kind of frosty, but highly pigmented as well, not sheer. I have cool-toned fair skin and this shade looks great on me, would most definitely work for a wide range of skintones, though. Okay to wear all year long. Great consistency that makes for easy application.

on 8/8/2005 9:18:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This is a very pretty pinky/lavendar shimmer that looks great on tips and toes. Its one of those polishes that is so pretty, you just can't help but look at your nails :) A "must have" in my opinion.

This is a purpleish pink. I thought it would work well with my skintone, but I really wasn't impressed. It has a nice shimmer, but was just a tad *off* in hue. I donated it to the RR box after 1 use.

on 5/2/2005 12:32:00 PM

Very cute medium rosey mauve with a hint of lilac. Pearly/frosty finish. No shimmer. Sorta Barbie-ish, but quieter. A very girly color. Typical OPI quality in terms of wear. These suckers are expensive, though (around $8) and I can barely justify spending so much on polish I probably won't wear very often (I get bored of colors quickly and change my nail/toe color almost weekly). But good investment if you like the color.

Popular Polishes