OPI Blushingham Palace

No Image

4.5

on 5/5/2006 8:15:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

**PICTURE contained in this review, please click "continued >>" to see****
Wow this is a nice pleasant surprise, I'm on a nailpolish collecting mood this year and quickly got over 70 bottles of OPI/essie/China glaze etc salon brands within the space of 3 months, so for me to totally love a color it's gotta be special.
Well, Blushingham palace is special, consistency is great, applies really smooth and it's pigmented, two coats is plenty and i tried doing 3 coats and honestly it looks exactly the same. The color is a mauve-purply-rosey-pink infused with fine shimmers in the same shade. The purple undertone is not that strong, which makes it still wearable, the overall color is not too bright either, it's a very understated, yet elegant autumn mani color. Still very conservative office appropriate too. The finish is very fine shimmering glow, a tiny hint bordering metallic, but it's just so fine in shimmers it's not tacky or full metallic nail looking.

I included a pic below, it's fairly accurate but this color does look even softer/paler in most indoor lights. As you can see this is not a dominantly purple polish. I actually applied 1 coat of Senorita Rose-alita underneath first (it's a rosey-medium-pink with subtle gold shimmer that has underlying fuschia pink tones), but i thought it was a bit bright for office, then i painted 1 coat of blushingham palace over it and whola! instant pretty nails. I think layering a red or hot pink underneath might be able to tone down the purple tones for those who don't like purple. But just a tiny bit since this shade is very pigmented afterall.
continued >>

Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure

This color is a great consistency, and has good wear. It's complete coverage in about two coats In the bottle, it looks like it's this gorgeous pink color with a gold shimmer in it. When I put it on, though, it just looks a bit weird. Not my favorite color.

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

I love this shade! I find it pretty complex. I would call it a metallic medium dusty rose-mauve. I am NW25 and find this perfect for toes and hands. It's very feminine and springy.

Skin: Oily, Olive, Neutral

This is def. an interesting color. A deep, blush-rose color with silver, almost diamond shimmer. It goes on nicely with about three coats to achieve opaqueness. Looks nice on me, so I'll wear it again.

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

It's so hard to apply this color, esp. with the new pro-wide brush! Ahhh I gave up with this. It's a pretty color, but I guess not for me.

Pretty mauve lilac, slightly metallic. Very wearable shade all year round. Goes on smooth and easy to apply.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

This is just awesome. It's a lavender/pink/mauve with a slight frost to it. A great color for fall that would look equally nice on hands and toes. I love finding shades like this that are muted and soft but aren't a sheer neutral. Being warm toned, I was worried that this would look weird on me but it doesn't at all. Highly recommend!

on 5/2/2005 12:32:00 PM

Very cute medium rosey mauve with a hint of lilac. Pearly/frosty finish. No shimmer. Sorta Barbie-ish, but quieter. A very girly color. Typical OPI quality in terms of wear. These suckers are expensive, though (around $8) and I can barely justify spending so much on polish I probably won't wear very often (I get bored of colors quickly and change my nail/toe color almost weekly). But good investment if you like the color.

I love this color! I'm a cool-toned PPP, so I wear a lot of pinks...especially mauves. The metallic shine to it makes it different than the other pinks I have. Also, the staying power is great. I'd definitely buy it again :)

on 11/12/2003 7:33:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

This is a pretty rosey mauve shade that goes on with a nice shine and lasts for a long time on my nails without chipping. This is a pretty unique shade that I think would look nice year round.

Popular Polishes