4.4

$19.00 on Nordstrom
Shop Now

Reviews

4 years ago

This is a surprisingly wearable color, even for me! I'm not a lipstick person...at all. I honestly feel like a clown when I wear lipstick, even if it's a really basic color. Something made me want to have a good red lip color on hand "just because." To me, it's a classic, like something every woman should own. I did some quick searching online, and decided a blue-based true red was what I needed; of course, Ruby Woo was the most highly recommended shade. A few days later, I happened upon a Mac store, and bought the lipstick sight unseen. I applied it straight out of the tube, over a layer of Mac Prep + Prime Lip, and cleaned up the edges with a q-tip. That was it. It looked fabulous, and I didn't even feel like a clown! It was so easy to apply compared with the red lipsticks I'd tried in the past. It's the perfect shade for my fair skin/dark hair, and it made my teeth look really nice (I admit, I whiten them a lot, but this color made 'em pop). The color survived a few hours' worth of eating and drinking, although it did feel like it was drying out my lips after awhile. A layer of matte balm over the top might help, but I'm not sure how it would affect the wear. Definitely keep your lips exfoliated and moisturized, before AND after a matte lip color, people! And if you're only going to buy one red lipcolor, spend a little more $ and make it this one. Mac really got the color right!

About reviewer (122 reviews)

SkinDry, Fair, Cool

HairBrunette, Curly, Coarse

EyesOther

4 years ago

One of the few red lipsticks that look good on majority. For the records, I am NC30. I bought this because it did look great on a co-worker. I had tried it in the store before but I thought it looked too loud. Also, majority of my lipsticks are in the nude shades so a lipstick in this shade is definitely nothing that I am used to. I wear this with little to heavy eye makeup and it has never failed me. It fades when I eat but then I re-apply it. Honestly, I have not seen a lipstick that does not fade on me so this is nothing unusual in my book. I love it because it is matte. I don't care for shiny lipsticks at all. Overall, highly recommended.

About reviewer (917 reviews)

Age44-55

SkinVery Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

HairBlack, Wavy, Medium

3.0

4 years ago

I love the colour of this lipstick, it's not too dark but not too bright it's literally just right and suits just about anyone! The only major downfall for me on this specific lipstick is that it's like a crayon to apply as it is so dry, but as long as you moisturise your lips and are careful with your precision when applying then it looks great and lasts all day. I would love it though if Mac brought out the same colour in a different texture.

About reviewer (1 reviews)

SkinNormal, Fair-Medium

HairBrown

4 years ago

I love Ruby Woo! I own 17 MAC lipsticks, ranging from the nudest of nudes to the darkest of the darkest, and I'm absolutely in love with this shade! It suits a lot of people, which I think is great because a lot of colours can wash me out. Plus it makes your teeth look very white even if they're not. However, I did have to get used to the Retro Matte formula, it's way dryer than the regular Matte formula. This won't be a problem if you moisturize your lips beforehand, but take it in consideration if you are planning on buying this. It looks great paired with the Cherry lip liner and if you're looking for a bright red but aren't ready for something as 'in your face' as Lady Danger, I recommend buying this instead.

About reviewer (10 reviews)

SkinCombination, Medium, Warm

HairBrunette, Curly, Medium

EyesHazel

3.0

4 years ago

NC42 MAC/honey in Bobbi Brown/ 60 mat velvet Makeup Forever Indian/oily skin This can be a hit or miss for us Indian/Darker skintone peeps so dont read this review, go try it and only then buy it! The colour is gorgeous, the lippie is drying and you have to apply 3-4 times to get a full even colour on lips. Huge statement maker lipstick, i envy those who can rock it every day. I tried but just couldnt. It drew a lot of focus on my hyper pigmentation/uneven colour around my mouth area so wont be buying again.

About reviewer (60 reviews)

Age36-43

SkinOily, Medium Brown, Warm

HairBlack, Wavy, Fine

EyesHazel

2.0

4 years ago

I wanted to love this product. Really, I did. But it was just a bust for me. The formula was incredibly drying. It stayed put, but creased and made my lips look old and dehydrated. It took four applications to get the color to be opaque and not splotchy. The red tone was pretty, and the vanilla scent is nice, but honestly I'd rather buy a drugstore matte product to this one. Save your money on their primer- which I adore. This lipstick is a miss.

About reviewer (16 reviews)

SkinNormal, Fair

HairBrunette

EyesGreen

4 years ago

Ruby Woo is definitely my favorite red lipstick shade. It IS a bit dry but nothing a little bit of lip balm or moisturizer can't help. My lips "crack" a lot so what I do is scrub my lips beforehand and it looks flawless.

About reviewer (2 reviews)

AgeUnder 18

SkinOily, Medium, Warm

HairBrown, Wavy, Medium

4 years ago

This is the best red for my skin tone by far. I have brown skin with yellow undertones, and this shade brings out my skin tone in a way no other red lipstick can. The retro matte formula is drying, but I love the matte red lip look, so I just give my lips some extra TLC before and after using this lipstick. I have already used up two tubes and am now on my third. I use it with the MAC Ruby Woo lip liner to get a perfectly defined red lip.

About reviewer (3 reviews)

SkinCombination, Medium Brown, Warm

HairBlack, Wavy, Other

EyesBlack

from

4 years ago

LOVE, LOVE, LOVE! I don't know what took me so long to get this color. This is most beautiful shade of red and I could literally wear it everyday. It doesn't fade very easily and that's a definite plus. It's super drying so be sure to exfoliate and moisturize beforehand.

About reviewer (153 reviews)

SkinCombination, Dark, Neutral

HairBlack, Kinky, Coarse

EyesGreen

4 years ago

My third mac lipstick. I really do love this color. It suits any skin color!!! And you can wear this at any occassion! ????

About reviewer (2 reviews)

SkinOily, Fair-Medium