4.4

$19.00 on Nordstrom
Shop Now

Reviews

4 years ago

Beautiful true red on my lips. However, it is an extremely drying formula, feels very uncomfortable. When I use this, I have to use my Mac Prep and Prime or a lip balm, otherwise it literally feels like chalk is being dragged across my lips. I've since purchased Mac Red and I'm loving the formula! I have Nars Mysterious Red and that feels ok too. This lipstick is a HG status for many - but not me. :( I don't quite understand the point of having a product, if I need to use it with something else or at least not being told/sold it.

About reviewer (160 reviews)

SkinAcne-prone, Fair, Neutral

HairBlack, Other, Other

4 years ago

This is one of my go to lipsticks. Whether its to wear whilst dressed down with just mascara or to compliment an occasion. The packaging it basic, the price isn't great at £15.50 but it lasts a while (compared to other mac lipsticks as it's long lasting). It has a full pigment, it goes on full of colour with just one application without having to apply a lot. It's matt and lasts for a long time without bleeding. Great red lip compared to other brands.

About reviewer (12 reviews)

SkinSensitive, Medium Brown, Neutral

HairBlack, Curly, Fine

1.0

4 years ago

This is suppose to look good on just about anyone so I took a chance and bought it. Its a very very bright red and looks god awful on me! It makes me look old.lol, not the look I was hoping for. The lipstick is so dry and hard to apply. Its like trying to get color off a brick by rubbing it on your lips. Ill will stick to my Viva Glam 1

About reviewer (9 reviews)

Age44-55

SkinDry, Medium, Neutral

HairBrunette, Straight, Fine

EyesGreen

4 years ago

I must admit that I absolutely LOVE this colour and is the only red I have found til date that suits me - this is a pain to apply. It goes on way to difficult (and i do prep my lips so I am not skipping any steps). It drags on your lips and you cannot really reapply during the day after meals etc because whatever is left on your lips begins to crumble and you have residue on your lips. So it is very dry. I know that matte lipsticks are dry but this one is so dry that it is difficult to not feel conscious of how it looks on me. Also I find that it is way to time consuming to apply to satisfaction as it looks patchy eg: I apply looking in my dressing mirror but when I look at the mirror in my car it looks extremely patchy. I guess this could be helped by applying the Ruby Woo liner all over the lips but I would expect more from a lipstick I am paying NZ$40 for. The packaging gets a 3 from me because unless you pick it up to read what colour it is at the base - you have no idea what colour it is (I have 6 MAC lipsticks in completely different shades on my draw which I use; hence I have a hard time knowing which is which) Bottom line: IF the formula is improved I would LOVE to repurchase because I absolutely love the colour - but the putting it on is a task and when I have it on I am constantly worried about how it looks on me.

About reviewer (9 reviews)

SkinVery Oily, Medium

HairOther

EyesOther

4 years ago

While the colour payoff, staying power and matte power of this lipstick cannot be argued with I cannot get over the fact that this lipstick is so dry. Its dry to the point of unwearable. It is very hard to apply and throughout the day I find it flakes up on the lips and then peels. Another product with so much hype but not enough delivery

About reviewer (3 reviews)

AgeUnder 18

SkinNormal, Fair

HairBlond

EyesBlue

4 years ago

My favourite red lipstick!!! Makes my teeth look whiter too ;)

About reviewer (10 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium, Warm

HairBlack, Other, Other

4 years ago

So what's to say that hasn't been said.....amazing color with Sahara dryness..a high maintenance statement red and one of a kind saturation. Ruby woo and I are part-time lovers, for a steady BF red, Hot Tahiti is a nice easygoing and moist red.

About reviewer (6 reviews)

Age36-43

SkinCombination, Fair

HairBrunette

4 years ago

The oh so infamous and popular Ruby Woo.. This was my first lipstick ???? I always said I won't every wear red lipstick but I bought Ruby Woo without even trying it on and I'm happy I did (thanks to Mac SA). The color looks good on every skin tone so far that I've seen. Being that it's retro matte it is VERY drying, it's best to scrub your lips with your toothbrush and moisturize your lips with whatever works best for you (I use Mac prep and prime). Also please line your lips and fill in your lips with a lip liner with this lipstick like any other. I use Mac. Currant, cherry and Revlon 675 colorstay. I hope Mac brings ruby woo out in a non matte texture. Took off one star cause it's too drying. 04-14-16 I used the spice lipglass over it and i loved the texture more it's more moist. Just dab the applicator on middle area of bottom lip then rub lips together and voila.

About reviewer (18 reviews)

Age25-29

SkinOily, Dark, Warm

HairBlack, Kinky, Other

1.0

4 years ago

This has to be a joke. How did this lipstick get highly promoted and even get good ratings is beyond me. I would give it 0 point if I could. This is the driest lipstick I have ever owned. It is so dry. It's impossible to apply it without using some kind of lip balm before that. I use Mac Prep+Prime lip before using Ruby Woo. Yes, it works but you still have to use a lip brush or your finger to smooth out the lipstick color on your lips. By the end of the day, my lips are so wrinkly like an old man. I can't even tell it's from Mac Prep+Prime or Ruby Woo. Applying this lipstick is a major pain and I only do it at home. I would not apply this lipstick outside of my house and let everybody see me try so hard to paint my lips. Because It just looks stupid. For people who always spend more than 20 minutes to put on makeup, they probably get used to the chore and won't complain how time consuming it is to apply Ruby Woo. If you like to put on lipstick on the go. You definitely don't want to buy Ruby Woo. I absolutely hate hate hate this lipstick. And I am actually a regular Mac user.

About reviewer (46 reviews)

SkinNormal, Fair-Medium

HairBrown

4 years ago

I absolutely L O V E It! It's my go-to lipstick. I actually got it as a christmas present from my aunt and I was hooked. Previously I was looking for the perfect red shade and OH MY GOD I found it by accident :') I think it works for all skin tones. Nice consistency, nice vanilla smell, stunning pigmentation, lasts almost all day. You should wear lipbalm underneath (I use EOS lipbalm) I will definitely buy it if I run out of it!

About reviewer (15 reviews)

SkinAcne-prone, Medium, Warm