4.4

$19.00 on Nordstrom
Shop Now

Reviews

3 years ago

Ruby Woo is a classic Mac lipstick. It's a blue-based red that will flatter most skin tones. As a fair skinned lady with dark hair, it is very flattering for me. Lately I've been going for more neutral reds, but picked up Ruby Woo today for the first time in a while. It really is a gorgeous color. Yes, the formula is matte af and the application is kind of like dragging chalk on your lips. But the color will stay in place and last all day.

About reviewer (30 reviews)

EyesHazel

2.0

3 years ago

Stunning colour, really flattering on many skin tones but unfortunately, too uncomfortable to wear as it it drying out my lips to the extent they crack and bleed. I will definitely buy the same colour if it comes out in another MAC formula.

About reviewer (30 reviews)

Age36-43

SkinNormal, Fair, Warm

HairBlond, Other, Other

EyesHazel

3 years ago

Ruby Woo is such a lovely lipstick. I lusted after it for so long when I was a student. For someone who is used to buying cheaper makeup from Boots and Superdrug it is a little pricey but definitely worth it! I get what other reviewers say about its drying properties...I am a matte lipstick addict and am yet to find one that doesn't dry you out at least a bit! I find it really easy to apply and definitely stays on all day even when drinking and eating with a few touch ups. It doesn't peel off or crumble like other matte lipsticks and doesn't bleed or stain. I have worn it quite often and it has lasted me for years! I love the colour and I am really keen to try out more MAC lipsticks!

About reviewer (3 reviews)

3.0

3 years ago

It pains me to write this review as this was my first MAC lipstick... I agree with many reviewers that this is beautiful, stunning, blue based red and the shades really freshens up my complexion. However, this IS hard to apply. That wouldn't bother me so much if it wasn't for its drying properties that drive me crazy. I don't know if it's due to my lips, but I tried exfoliating my lips before applying it, running a bit of Nuxe balm while I do my makeup then wiping it off with a towel for an added scrub. Then I tried applying a thin layer, than blot and another thin layer and then blot again - to ensure its longevity. I also tried wearing it on its own, without any prep. Result is always the same. After a while (let's say couple hours, no eating or drinking) it gets dry and crumbly and when it gets very uncomfortable when i rub my lips together - it flakes, fades and is not at all complimentary. It's hard to wear this lipstick which is a shame since the color is gorgeous.

About reviewer (2 reviews)

HairBrown

3 years ago

I loved the gloss. The colors perfectly blend with my skin. I ordered the product online. The packaging was perfect. The price was also reasonable. I loved the product.

About reviewer (12 reviews)

SkinNormal, Fair

HairBrown

3 years ago

There is not one skin tone on this planet that this lipstick won't suit. The most perfect red imaginable, with a blue undertone that will make your teeth appear whiter (an added bonus). Makes you look so beautiful, feminine and fierce all at the same time. I feel so strong and independent when I wear this lipstick. The most perfect shade for the winter season, when you're wearing cosy knitted jumpers. Just pop this on with (or without) a winged liner, and some mascara and you are good to go. Honestly apart from some moisturiser you do not even need foundation or concealer sometimes when wearing this lipstick. One little downside to this lipstick is its pretty hard to apply due to it being one of the dryer retro mattes in MAC's collection; but that is nothing a little Carmex won't fix. 5/5 stars.

About reviewer (16 reviews)

Age19-24

SkinCombination, Tan, Warm

HairBlack, Wavy, Medium

3 years ago

My favourite red of all time! Love it, it's so bold. It is a retro matte so can be very drying but I've resolved this problem by applying lip balm beforehand. Very long lasting.

About reviewer (2 reviews)

AgeUnder 18

SkinDry, Fair-Medium

EyesBlue

3 years ago

This isn't my perfect red, but there's a lot that can be done with it and this is worth buying. I have never seen any skin tone wear this and it hasn't suited them. I am a red lipstick addict, and this is one of the best red lipsticks out there. As I said, it's not my perfect red (but that's only because I have high standards). It will most likely suit you though, and it's suitable for pretty much anything. It suits going to the theatre, hanging out with friends, and most clothing too. Whether you're wearing all black, or bright colours, it somehow blends in well. Which is unusual for a lipstick in my opinion. I wanted it to light up my face a little more than it did (I have tan/olive skin), black hair with cool undertones. So put Ruby Woo on with Russian Red lipglass dotted in the centre of the top and bottom lip. That brought the blues in this lipstick out a little more. It's an absolute staple of mine, for when I want to wear a red but can't be bothered to think about which one in depth.

About reviewer (8 reviews)

SkinNormal, Tan, Cool

HairBlack, Other, Other

from

4 years ago

I love how matte this lipstick is. It also photographs well and looks great on many skin tones.

About reviewer (124 reviews)

SkinVery Dry, Fair, Warm

HairBrunette, Other, Other

EyesBlue

2.0

4 years ago

Beautiful true red on my lips. However, it is an extremely drying formula, feels very uncomfortable. When I use this, I have to use my Mac Prep and Prime or a lip balm, otherwise it literally feels like chalk is being dragged across my lips. I've since purchased Mac Red and I'm loving the formula! I have Nars Mysterious Red and that feels ok too. This lipstick is a HG status for many - but not me. :( I don't quite understand the point of having a product, if I need to use it with something else or at least not being told/sold it.

About reviewer (160 reviews)

SkinAcne-prone, Fair, Neutral