4.4

$19.00 on Nordstrom
Shop Now

Reviews

3 years ago

Your entire look just completely changes with this lipstick. It gives you that retro elegant look. My total HG!!! However it dries your lips, so be sure to scrub, moisturise then blot first before applying this lipstick. Totally worth it!

About reviewer (3 reviews)

SkinCombination, Tan, Warm

HairBlack, Wavy, Medium

3 years ago

If u have not used ruby woo... U don't know what red lips are..... Amazing color nothing can beat ruby woo in world of red lipstick. Matches any skin tone no matter wat cmplxn you are of .... ❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️

About reviewer (3 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair

3 years ago

This is my first lipstick from MAC. I love the bullet, the vanilla scent, and the great blue-ish red. But the texture make me little uncomfortable.

About reviewer (2 reviews)

SkinVery Oily, Medium

from

3 years ago

What can I say that the others reviewers haven't already said or raved about this lipstick. My first " high end" lipstick was MAC since then have moved on to other brands. Came back for this color after watching/reading countless videos and blog posts. This is the best red I have ever tried for my( NC40) skin tone. I don't believe that I am saying this but I love MAC's matte finish than their regular finish. I love that there is no scent and it goes on dry and doesn't budge for hours till u get a bite to eat. I can deal with that, this is not a tattoo :P I get compliments every time I wear this color. I thought the matte finish was gonna dry my lips out but it was not as bad as I thought. An overnight lip balm application can take care of that. I have been using this lipstick during the winter months without an issue. I got to really thank "Youtuber Arshia Moorjani" for turning me on to bright lipsticks.

About reviewer (413 reviews)

SkinNormal, Medium, Warm

HairBlack, Other, Other

3 years ago

What can I say of this classic that anyone hasn't said? It was my first lipstick and used it until MAC Opera came along. I am a bold person and started to wear makeup really really late in life (39). I wanted to make an statement to myself and what better way than a red lippie. I didn't know much of red lippies, but thanks to father Google... I saw pictures of NC43-NC45 girls using it and fell in love. Yeah, it is drying. Yeah, it is difficult to apply. Balm, balm, balm. Nuxe's matte one (reve de mel, which i also reviewed) works wonderfully with this lipstick. You can also use a lip pencil such as MAC cherry, besides the rubby woo one. It doesn't transfer once set. At least on me. I've used it for 4-5 h without problems, after applying over balm or lip pencil, of course. As Nuxe's balm is matte, i frequently apply it over RR too. The color. Oh the color! It is an elegant red for day and night. It is the lipstick for all skin colors.

About reviewer (36 reviews)

SkinOily, Olive, Neutral

HairBlack, Curly, Fine

3 years ago

Really nice color i absolutely love this matte lipstick and I will buy it again

About reviewer (11 reviews)

Age19-24

SkinAcne-prone, Fair-Medium

3.0

3 years ago

I absolutely love the color of this lipstick! I don't even mind that it can be drying if it's not applied properly. My only problem with Ruby Woo is that it bleeds and migrates like crazy on me! I don't usually have that problem with lipsticks. I'm going to try it again but with a better lip liner because the color is fantastic and I have gotten compliments the few times I've worn it.

About reviewer (111 reviews)

SkinDry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

HairBrown, Curly, Medium

EyesBlue

3 years ago

My HG lipstick. PROS: -very long lasting -transferproof especially if blotted -gorgeous color that looks fantastic on the palest to the darkest of skins -pigmented -pin up-like matte finish CONS: can be a bit drying, but I'm personally not bothered by it. I recommend you get MAC cherry lip liner to help with application if you have uneven lips or want to make application easy and clean.

About reviewer (17 reviews)

Age19-24

SkinSensitive, Fair, Neutral

HairOther, Other, Other

EyesOther

3 years ago

I finally decided to let my Russian Red go after having it for way too many years (ahem, it was in the old Matte formula before the reformulation.) I decided to move on to Ruby Woo as I wanted to give the Retro Matte texture a try - I avoided Retro Mattes for a long time as the condition of my lips were not great. However, in the last few years, as my lips are less dry, and I only have to wear lip balm once a day, I finally feel "Ok" using a drier lipstick. The truth is, Ruby Woo is a great red. I am NC15 and I feel very "snow white" using this. It looks good with a bit of brow product, light blush, and you are good to go. The formulation isn't moisturizing by any means, but I prefer this texture over liquid lipsticks/'regular matte' lipsticks from MAC. I find the only thing similar in texture the Nars lip pencils or lipliners. The only thing I regret is not purchasing Ruby Woo earlier. I wear this without a lipliner and it stays put for most of the day.

About reviewer (423 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair, Warm

HairBlond, Straight, Fine

3 years ago

There is absolutely no other substitute for ruby woo.Highly pigmented and totally matte.It can be tough to use because of its super matte finish.Must have for matte lipstick lovers.Perfect red.

About reviewer (8 reviews)

AgeUnder 18