MAC Retro Matte - Ruby Woo

MAC Retro Matte - Ruby Woo

4.4

Isododecane, Dimethicone, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Polybutene, Petrolatum, Cyclohexasiloxane, Kaolin, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Beeswax/Cera Alba/Cire D'Abeille, Silica Dimethyl Silylate, Tocopherol, Persea Gratissima (Avocado) Oil, Cyclopentasiloxane, Glyceryl Behenate/Eicosadioate, Tin Oxide, Propylene Carbonate,

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

My favorite res lipstick! It’s a classic. I love to make it pop with the Sephora forever red matte lip stain. I get compliments every time I wear it out.

on 6/6/2018 11:54:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Dark, Warm

Hair: Black, Kinky, Fine

Every time I wear this lipstick i feel instantly feminine, beautiful and dressed up even when i'm wearing old jeans and a tee my favorite way to wear it. The hype for once is well deserved. Plus using this with a red lip liner underneath it lasts through an entire day of work. Love it and it's going to be part of my collection always

on 5/19/2018 3:48:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

I disagree with the poster that said this looks good on every skin tone. Im nc 20 and it looked horrible on me! I looked like I was Ronald Mcdonald and I wasn't lovin' it! The online mac artist recommended saying away from this color and try Russian Red instead (based on my skintone ) but I bought it anyway. I returned it and purchased Russian Red which looks so much better on me. Ruby woo can look beautiful on some people and I really wish it worked out for me but sadly it didn't. If you get it and it doesn't work out, I strongly suggest to try Russian Red, which is a very slightly darkened red and I found it complimented my skintone perfectly.

ok, had to try it out.

I heard it was drying, but I bought it anyway.
I use some balm under it, but it still drys.

it dry's in patches too. the color is ok. classic pinup red, but I think I can find better and more comfortable lipsticks out there.

on 5/14/2018 4:24:00 PM

MAC Ruby Woo is from the retro matte collection. I love matte lipsticks and this is the perfect red color for every skin tone. I always wanted to buy a red lipstick that would suit my skin tone but I always ended up in buying the wrong one which i would hardly use once or twice. And that is the reason today i have so many red lipsticks in my stash.

How was i introduced to Mac ruby woo?
One of my friend told me about the lipstick, after which i did quite a research over the internet and found good reviews and ratings. I then decided to buy this product.

Packaging - Black packaging that looks bold and is the typical MAC brand package.

Texture - The formula is very smooth and the lipstick has a pleasant odor.

Color - Richly pigmented and stays on for quite long hours.

It gives the perfect matte finish on the lips. Although it is a bit drying to the lips. But then that can be manged if you moisturize and exfoliate your lips properly prior to the application of the lipstick.

It is the queen of all the red lipsticks as it stands out because of its unique red color. I believe anybody who has used it once will definitely repurchase the lipstick.

Check the link below for more description.

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

I found the colour to have a "neon" (?) hue when applied alone, so I use a lip pencil to deepen it up a little. Will make your lips look smaller. Your lips have to be on the perfect state before application, though after a few hours they will feel dry. I think this would look best on fair skin tones or to people with very pigmented lips.

Skin: Dry, Medium Brown, Cool

Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Coarse

This is a cult classic because it really is good. But if you don't like matte lips then you wouldn't like ruby woo because she is very drying. a classic deep red according to your skin tone. great to wear on a night out. I love this and I'm not a huge fan of red lipsticks. But this is perf for me. I think it'll suit any skin tone. A must for any lipstick junkie.

on 3/28/2018 12:08:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Dark, Cool

Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse

I'm NC50 shade (shade of Tootsie Rolls). I bought this and returned it. It was very drinks for my already dry lips. L'Oreal 410 Volcanic is extremely similar to MACs shade. It pops, is highly pigmented but leaves your lips moisturized with no lip pencil or anything else needed.

on 2/15/2018 2:09:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

This red really makes a statement since it is so bright and matte. What sets this apart from other red lipsticks is it’s matteness, which also makes it a pain to apply. It’s extremely dry and not creamy but once I get it on it the lips it feels weightless and doesn’t make my lips look or feel dry at all, unlike every liquid lipstick I’ve tried. I always use a lipliner because of the application difficulty. I prefer it for special occasions. I prefer viva glam 1 for everyday wear and also find it more flattering on my medium olive skin. I really like this lipstick and it will last me ages since it’s so pigmented and long lasting so I don’t think I’ll be repurchasing anytime soon.

on 2/13/2018 10:25:00 AM

I love this colour, it’s so iconic and everyone guesses that it’s ruby woo but goodness this lipstick is such hard work! It’s a bit too matte and really drags going on, you have to be very slow and careful. Your lips also need to be in tip top condition to get away with it otherwise it looks awful, it clings badly to any dry, chapped bits. You also need a liner with it too. If I didn’t love the colour so much then I wouldn’t bother myself!