MAC Cosmetics Retro Matte - Ruby Woo

MAC Cosmetics Retro Matte - Ruby Woo

4.4

Isododecane, Dimethicone, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Polybutene, Petrolatum, Cyclohexasiloxane, Kaolin, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Beeswax/Cera Alba/Cire D'Abeille, Silica Dimethyl Silylate, Tocopherol, Persea Gratissima (Avocado) Oil, Cyclopentasiloxane, Glyceryl Behenate/Eicosadioate, Tin Oxide, Propylene Carbonate,

on 8/29/2018 9:27:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

On the fence... It can be both quite flattering and too loud at the same time. Not bad, but not beautiful, either.

It also fades unevenly; at least it doesn't transfer much.

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

Ruby Woo definitely the best red lipstick ever!! I have tried other reds from MAC - Relentlessly Red, Lady Danger and Flat Out Fabulous, I still think Ruby Woo is the best!

Comparing to other MAC matte lipstick, Ruby Woo is a bit dry. But it is not that flaky on the lips or give me streaks. It still apply on my lips nicely and stayed on quite long throughout the day. probably need a bit touch up here and there but it is alright.

I am leaning more towards liquid lipstick now, but any shades that i see in red liquid form i can't help but to compare it with Ruby Woo. I stopped buying any red lipstick at the moment but in the future if i am not satisfied with any other red lipstick i would probably go back to buying this color. If there is ever a TOP 5 MAC makeup product must have, this should be in it!

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

The color is hands down gorgeous. I usually go for pinky reds, true reds don't really flatter my complexion with this one being an exception.
The color lasts for about 6 hours with drinks and a meal without requiring a touch-up. It never bleeds, I wear it without lip liner. It does leave the marks on anything you touch with your lips but stays put nevertheless.
I would love to wear it daily but it's very drying. I put my lip balm before starting my makeup, pat it with the tissue before applying the lipstick, use a lip scrub as soon as I take the lipstick off, yet I can't wear it two days in the row because of how dry my lips become every evening and how much peeling they have the next day.
Keeping it for parties. Won't buy it again.

on 7/23/2018 11:19:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Dark, Not Sure

I have so many shades of lipsticks but Ruby Woo is my all time favorite! I pretty much wear this shade every day and get compliments from everyone! I have a doctor I work with who comes by the lab just to see if I’m wearing my RED lipstick!! I love it!!!

on 7/22/2018 9:25:00 AM

This baby right here is the holy grail of red lipsticks. The perfect blue-toned red that pops, no matter your skin color. I try to wear it sparingly just because it's such a statement color and I stick to pinks and mauves for my daily lip color, but every so often, I whip this out and feel like a million bucks wearing it.

The only downside to it is that it's tricky to work with, due to the formula being so matte. I'd recommend a good, moisturizing lip balm or primer underneath it and a lip liner as well. This stuff will feather if you're not careful.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

My favorite res lipstick! It’s a classic. I love to make it pop with the Sephora forever red matte lip stain. I get compliments every time I wear it out.

on 6/6/2018 11:54:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Dark, Warm

Hair: Black, Kinky, Fine

Every time I wear this lipstick i feel instantly feminine, beautiful and dressed up even when i'm wearing old jeans and a tee my favorite way to wear it. The hype for once is well deserved. Plus using this with a red lip liner underneath it lasts through an entire day of work. Love it and it's going to be part of my collection always

on 5/19/2018 3:48:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

I disagree with the poster that said this looks good on every skin tone. Im nc 20 and it looked horrible on me! I looked like I was Ronald Mcdonald and I wasn't lovin' it! The online mac artist recommended saying away from this color and try Russian Red instead (based on my skintone ) but I bought it anyway. I returned it and purchased Russian Red which looks so much better on me. Ruby woo can look beautiful on some people and I really wish it worked out for me but sadly it didn't. If you get it and it doesn't work out, I strongly suggest to try Russian Red, which is a very slightly darkened red and I found it complimented my skintone perfectly.

ok, had to try it out.

I heard it was drying, but I bought it anyway.
I use some balm under it, but it still drys.

it dry's in patches too. the color is ok. classic pinup red, but I think I can find better and more comfortable lipsticks out there.

on 5/14/2018 4:24:00 PM

MAC Ruby Woo is from the retro matte collection. I love matte lipsticks and this is the perfect red color for every skin tone. I always wanted to buy a red lipstick that would suit my skin tone but I always ended up in buying the wrong one which i would hardly use once or twice. And that is the reason today i have so many red lipsticks in my stash.

How was i introduced to Mac ruby woo?
One of my friend told me about the lipstick, after which i did quite a research over the internet and found good reviews and ratings. I then decided to buy this product.

Packaging - Black packaging that looks bold and is the typical MAC brand package.

Texture - The formula is very smooth and the lipstick has a pleasant odor.

Color - Richly pigmented and stays on for quite long hours.

It gives the perfect matte finish on the lips. Although it is a bit drying to the lips. But then that can be manged if you moisturize and exfoliate your lips properly prior to the application of the lipstick.

It is the queen of all the red lipsticks as it stands out because of its unique red color. I believe anybody who has used it once will definitely repurchase the lipstick.

Check the link below for more description.