MAC Retro Matte - Ruby Woo

MAC Retro Matte - Ruby Woo

4.4

on 1/29/2017 10:54:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure

This is my first lipstick from MAC. I love the bullet, the vanilla scent, and the great blue-ish red.
But the texture make me little uncomfortable.

on 1/26/2017 10:17:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm

What can I say that the others reviewers haven't already said or raved about this lipstick. My first " high end" lipstick was MAC since then have moved on to other brands. Came back for this color after watching/reading countless videos and blog posts. This is the best red I have ever tried for my( NC40) skin tone. I don't believe that I am saying this but I love MAC's matte finish than their regular finish. I love that there is no scent and it goes on dry and doesn't budge for hours till u get a bite to eat. I can deal with that, this is not a tattoo :P I get compliments every time I wear this color. I thought the matte finish was gonna dry my lips out but it was not as bad as I thought. An overnight lip balm application can take care of that. I have been using this lipstick during the winter months without an issue. I got to really thank "Youtuber Arshia Moorjani" for turning me on to bright lipsticks.

on 1/15/2017 9:55:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Neutral

Hair: Black, Curly, Fine

What can I say of this classic that anyone hasn't said?

It was my first lipstick and used it until MAC Opera came along. I am a bold person and started to wear makeup really really late in life (39). I wanted to make an statement to myself and what better way than a red lippie. I didn't know much of red lippies, but thanks to father Google... I saw pictures of NC43-NC45 girls using it and fell in love.

Yeah, it is drying. Yeah, it is difficult to apply. Balm, balm, balm. Nuxe's matte one (reve de mel, which i also reviewed) works wonderfully with this lipstick. You can also use a lip pencil such as MAC cherry, besides the rubby woo one.

It doesn't transfer once set. At least on me. I've used it for 4-5 h without problems, after applying over balm or lip pencil, of course. As Nuxe's balm is matte, i frequently apply it over RR too.

The color. Oh the color! It is an elegant red for day and night. It is the lipstick for all skin colors.

on 1/12/2017 4:43:00 PM

Really nice color i absolutely love this matte lipstick and I will buy it again

on 12/22/2016 10:13:00 PM

I absolutely love the color of this lipstick! I don't even mind that it can be drying if it's not applied properly. My only problem with Ruby Woo is that it bleeds and migrates like crazy on me! I don't usually have that problem with lipsticks. I'm going to try it again but with a better lip liner because the color is fantastic and I have gotten compliments the few times I've worn it.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

My HG lipstick.

PROS:
-very long lasting
-transferproof especially if blotted
-gorgeous color that looks fantastic on the palest to the darkest of skins
-pigmented
-pin up-like matte finish

CONS:
can be a bit drying, but I'm personally not bothered by it.

I recommend you get MAC cherry lip liner to help with application if you have uneven lips or want to make application easy and clean.

One star off for being very dry, other than that I can see why this is the #1 selling lipstick in America.

The color is GORGEOUS!

Will buy again.

on 12/2/2016 6:13:00 PM

I finally decided to let my Russian Red go after having it for way too many years (ahem, it was in the old Matte formula before the reformulation.)

I decided to move on to Ruby Woo as I wanted to give the Retro Matte texture a try - I avoided Retro Mattes for a long time as the condition of my lips were not great. However, in the last few years, as my lips are less dry, and I only have to wear lip balm once a day, I finally feel "Ok" using a drier lipstick.

The truth is, Ruby Woo is a great red. I am NC15 and I feel very "snow white" using this. It looks good with a bit of brow product, light blush, and you are good to go. The formulation isn't moisturizing by any means, but I prefer this texture over liquid lipsticks/'regular matte' lipsticks from MAC. I find the only thing similar in texture the Nars lip pencils or lipliners.

The only thing I regret is not purchasing Ruby Woo earlier. I wear this without a lipliner and it stays put for most of the day.

on 11/28/2016 11:18:00 AM

There is absolutely no other substitute for ruby woo.Highly pigmented and totally matte.It can be tough to use because of its super matte finish.Must have for matte lipstick lovers.Perfect red.

Ruby Woo is a classic Mac lipstick. It's a blue-based red that will flatter most skin tones. As a fair skinned lady with dark hair, it is very flattering for me. Lately I've been going for more neutral reds, but picked up Ruby Woo today for the first time in a while. It really is a gorgeous color. Yes, the formula is matte af and the application is kind of like dragging chalk on your lips. But the color will stay in place and last all day.