Mario Badescu Drying Lotion

Mario Badescu Drying Lotion
Drying LotionDrying Lotion

3.5

Isopropyl Alcohol,Aqua (Water,Eau), Calamine, Camphor,Sulfur, Zinc Oxide, Titanium Dioxide, Talc,Glycerin, Salicylic Acid

on 3/28/2017 5:44:00 AM

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

I like zinc/sulfur based spot treatments since using Payot Speciale 5 however it's hard for me to source that product so i decided to try this. I like that you can precisely apply the product to a spot and it does work to dry out whiteheads and some cystic acne. However it leaves the spot flaky making it hard to cover up in the day time. Also its very hard to remove from spots in the morning. It's a hassle to use - cotton buds just barely reach to the bottom of a relatively new product and there's always the risk of accidentally knocking the bottle over when using it and wasting all your product. Would not repurchase.

on 3/27/2017 2:46:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I bought the drying lotion last summer, I had read and heard great reviews about this. When I got the drying lotion I got surprised by how small the bottle is, I don't really know why I was expecting a bigger bottle.
Sometimes the drying lotion does a great job and sometimes not. It doesn't work on my bigger pimples, but on my smaller pimples it works great. I think it's quite individual if this product is going to work on you or not. I would not repurchase the drying lotion, because I think there are better products for me at a better price point.

on 3/21/2017 2:11:00 PM

I've been suffered from acne for 6 years, this is one of the most effective healer so far. It takes about 2-3 nights or more to heal each time. It helps dry the reddened or inflamed acne. Just finished 1 bottle and going buy another one soon.

on 3/8/2017 1:29:00 PM

I bought this last year when I was suffering from bad breakouts and desperate to try anything. A classmate recommended this so I picked it up from Ulta for $17-18. Which is a lot. The first time I used it, I shook the bottle up not realizing that's not what you're supposed to do. You're supposed to dip a q-tip into the pink sediment at the bottom and then apply to your face that way. So at least it's sanitary. It has a strong alcohol like scent but that doesn't really bother me. For any serious, cystic like acne this won't help. I suppose for smaller blemishes that are not deep rooted, this flattens them some but it definitely doesn't dry them out and take them away for me. Also, you have to use it a few nights in a row since it doesn't take it away immediately. Or at all, really. I have used this under makeup before but find it best to use at night. It sometimes stings a little but but not unbearable. I still have a lot left but really never use it because I think it's pointless. It also reminds me of calamine lotion so who knows, maybe i'll try it for bug bites in the summer. Overall, not impressed at all and would not repurchase.

This stuff is great for small little white heads or upcoming black heads. Not for bigger zits tho, works a little bit but I defiantly recommend for small white heads/ black heads

on 2/19/2017 10:30:00 PM

My go to spot treatment. Dries out pimples without drying out the skin surrounding like benzoyl peroxide products sometimes do. Not really a strong scent but not being able to put it on during the day because of how visible it is on the skin could be an inconvenience, I personally don't mind. I've noticed that little pimples are dried out by morning when using this and deeper pimples are significantly smaller. I've used this on my back and chest breakouts as well and noticed it helps in reducing the size and inflammation of body acne too.

Eyes: Violet

if you are someone like me that has spots under the skin that does'nt have puss in them thats just big swollen angry bruised spots this product is'nt for you i would recommend the buffering lotion.

on 1/12/2017 12:13:00 AM

Bought this online for around 28$ off some site based in the UK. It's mostly just alcohol, which, admittedly, does do the job of drying out a pimple, but it also causes the skin take longer to heal in my experience. The bottle says not to use this on broken skin precisely for this reason, as it will damage the broken skin and take longer to heal. The same rationale can be applied for regular, unbroken skin that has pimples, though. I have mixed feelings about this product; on the one hand, it does do immediate drying (think overnight), but on the other hand, I know that the area of skin I use it on will take longer to heal and to become balanced again (even if I'm using moisturising agents, this remains true). I probably won't repurchase. I do think the product itself is cute being pink and all... but the packaging is inconvenient because you can't accidentally drop it and mix the two portions inside the bottle or it'll ruin the product. well, if you turn it upright and leave it for an hour or two it'll resettle into its portions, but still. inconvenient.

on 1/11/2017 11:37:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

absolutely LOVE this stuff!!! I used to have the occasional break outs, but ever since I've started using this; I only have the occasional one pimple! I've been using this every night for almost a year as I probably will never stop. I put it on every night and I dab it on on the places where I break out most and that always keeps my pimples in check :) Although it does take about a day or two for the pimple to be completely gone!

on 1/8/2017 9:18:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Neutral

This will hide a zit by applying it with a q tip, letting it fully dry. Put some creme foundation over it and powder. It will stay all night.
At night, put dab of it on zit and leave it on to dry all night in bed. This is the only zit lotion that has worked on me for over 30 years.