Mario Badescu Drying Lotion

Mario Badescu Drying Lotion
Drying Lotion

3.5

Isopropyl Alcohol,Aqua (Water,Eau), Calamine, Camphor,Sulfur, Zinc Oxide, Titanium Dioxide, Talc,Glycerin, Salicylic Acid

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure

After my finally trying this product, I had to leave a review to help other people in my position with acne. I have regular "adult acne" but since I was 17 I've also had severe cystic acne. My dermatologist actually wrote an article about me in the journal for dermatology back in the 90's regarding the more liberal use of Accutane on young patients due to potential severe scarring because my acne was so severe. I was left with scars more present than most, and even after 2 rounds with Accutane in the 90's and at present I'm on several antibiotics -oral and topical, I still have cysts that can grow to the size of quarters. Cleansing and skin care is great, but it doesn't help the cysts from forming.
Well, recently I had an Amazon credit and decided to use it before it expires. I chose this. I never imagined it might be better than a prescription, not in a million years. I had several smaller acne bumps (large for most, small compared to my 2 additional cysts.) I had the 2 cysts fixed but the lumps were still present. I followed the directions: I did not shake the bottle, dipped a cotton swab into the sediment, pulled it up through the clear liquid and dotted it on...
First, it dries immediately and looks very silly. I dotted it on my 2 smaller pimples (active, no whitehead yet) and on my 2 giant cysts which had no white heads either. It takes months to wait until a cystic pimple can be "cleared" through draining, so I thought why not? I bought this solution, let's see...well, I went to sleep with pink dry dots that stung slightly when the solution was applied.
When I woke up, I'd forgotten I'd applied it. It had dissolved into my skin. "Wow, my skin looks amazing, I must be healing," I thought...then wait! That solution. Then, where are the pink dots?
Apparently, the dried dots dissolved into my skin and my cysts were about a third of the size they were the night before -after weeks of them being huge. Normally when I touch one, it hurts like a pimple, but not anymore. The smaller pimples I'd dotted were all gone. Nothing but a small flake of skin that flicked off when I touched it. The large cysts were nothing but small lumps under the skin that are nowhere near the size they were last night. This is supposed to work on mainly whiteheads but this did work well for my older bumps and new pimples. I am so glad I found it. It really removed a lot of the healing time.

on 7/14/2017 10:05:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

I bought this once years ago and didn't realize it should not be shaken before use. Shaking it up, it did not dry pimples up or make them come to a head. I have normal skin and seldom get zits. I found that 4%f benzoyl peroxide products were far more effective. I think I must have been influenced by something I should not have allowed to influence me, a blog or a magazine article because I read that it should not be shaken and I decided to have it on hand again in wait for zits. No shake, my ass. It makes no difference. Two zits appeared, probably the result of a facial. Applied this religiously each night for days. It did nothing, no drying, no bringing the zits to a head.

on 7/8/2017 11:48:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Black, Other, Medium

Overall - 4
Price - 3
Packaging -3

I'm on my 3rd bottle.
this has worked wonders on my little spots/acne when I get them. Sometimes takes 2-3 days for the really tough ones. I use it when I feel the itching of a zit coming and usually nothing shows up the next day.
It takes down a lot of the redness well.

on 6/27/2017 10:21:00 PM

Love this product! Pimple will dry after 1-2 days.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

The only thing that dries up my hormonal breakouts over night!!!!

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

The product is miracle to treat crystal acne. I once had really bad breakout& after applying this product on the pimples, it disappeared right away in the morning after. I use it on my friends& they are too wowed about the results. I am warned by the seller that it might make the skin dry& patchy but I do not experience that, however dry skin might need to be more careful. The product is quite cheap as it could go a long way& super effective for big crystal pimples. To other type of acnes it is useless.

on 6/12/2017 12:07:00 AM

Horrible

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure

One of the best acne and blackheads treatment.
Small acnes will dry within one night. But the large-under-the-surface-acnes will shrink longer.
Based on *my* experience, upon applying the product, it has a stinging sensation. May hurt a bit for certain people depending on their skin type.

But again, the product will work differently depending skin types. this product should be a must-have in every household.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

I've been buying this product for years. I have adult cystic acne, and missing one day of my sulfur treatment means bad news for my skin.
This dries out everything, including clogged pores. I buy the plastic bottle because it's shorter, so the Q-tip hits the bottom without issue.
I will say that after about 3 weeks of daily use, the potency of it diminishes, and the amount of the sediment at the bottom thins out. I try to use it up until there's nothing left, but that can be hard.
Smells about as horrible as you'd imagine, but it works.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

Alright, I've been using this product for a few weeks now and I think I've developed a solid opinion on it.
I guess what most people come here for, does this work? The answer is yes, it does work, but there's some things that I would like to point out.
This product will dry zits faster than others and more effectively, as in it won't dry the skin around it. I've tried TONNNNSS of drying products and this is the one that, in my opinion, works the best.
Now, this product won't get rid of cystic, under the skin, pimples. It will dry them once they come out to the surface of the skin, but, at least on my skin, it didn't work on the worst spots.
I would still recommend it, like I say it does a very good and fats job on regular pimples, and for those who only get a couple zits a month due to periods or whatnot, this is a good product.
For people who suffer from cystic, hormonal acne (like myself), this is a handy add on product to combine with other acne treatments.
I hope this helped!