Mario Badescu Drying Lotion

Mario Badescu Drying Lotion
Drying LotionDrying Lotion

3.5

Isopropyl Alcohol,Aqua (Water,Eau), Calamine, Camphor,Sulfur, Zinc Oxide, Titanium Dioxide, Talc,Glycerin, Salicylic Acid

on 2/19/2017 10:30:00 PM

My go to spot treatment. Dries out pimples without drying out the skin surrounding like benzoyl peroxide products sometimes do. Not really a strong scent but not being able to put it on during the day because of how visible it is on the skin could be an inconvenience, I personally don't mind. I've noticed that little pimples are dried out by morning when using this and deeper pimples are significantly smaller. I've used this on my back and chest breakouts as well and noticed it helps in reducing the size and inflammation of body acne too.

Eyes: Violet

if you are someone like me that has spots under the skin that does'nt have puss in them thats just big swollen angry bruised spots this product is'nt for you i would recommend the buffering lotion.

on 1/12/2017 12:13:00 AM

Bought this online for around 28$ off some site based in the UK. It's mostly just alcohol, which, admittedly, does do the job of drying out a pimple, but it also causes the skin take longer to heal in my experience. The bottle says not to use this on broken skin precisely for this reason, as it will damage the broken skin and take longer to heal. The same rationale can be applied for regular, unbroken skin that has pimples, though. I have mixed feelings about this product; on the one hand, it does do immediate drying (think overnight), but on the other hand, I know that the area of skin I use it on will take longer to heal and to become balanced again (even if I'm using moisturising agents, this remains true). I probably won't repurchase. I do think the product itself is cute being pink and all... but the packaging is inconvenient because you can't accidentally drop it and mix the two portions inside the bottle or it'll ruin the product. well, if you turn it upright and leave it for an hour or two it'll resettle into its portions, but still. inconvenient.

on 1/11/2017 11:37:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

absolutely LOVE this stuff!!! I used to have the occasional break outs, but ever since I've started using this; I only have the occasional one pimple! I've been using this every night for almost a year as I probably will never stop. I put it on every night and I dab it on on the places where I break out most and that always keeps my pimples in check :) Although it does take about a day or two for the pimple to be completely gone!

on 1/8/2017 9:18:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Neutral

This will hide a zit by applying it with a q tip, letting it fully dry. Put some creme foundation over it and powder. It will stay all night.
At night, put dab of it on zit and leave it on to dry all night in bed. This is the only zit lotion that has worked on me for over 30 years.

Really good clearing treatment for individual breakouts! Works especially well on deep rooted pimples that have not yet come to a head, it unclogs pores and makes all the junk come out. Reduces redness and scarring, helps with breakouts overnight!
PROS:
- Makes a difference overnight
- Good for cystic pimples as it brings them to the surface and makes them easy to pop with minimal scarring
- Helps with size and redness
- Good price, 20$CAD
CONS:
- smells like alcohol very strongly
- you always need Qtips on hand to use this

on 12/27/2016 4:47:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

Not sure if its just me but since using it, my acne got worse. My pimples are bigger and more red. Its seem like the formula just agitated it. Just going try it for a few more days, hopefully it will work.

on 12/12/2016 8:13:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Neutral

For reference, I have VERY oily to combination skin. I suffer from both regular acne and cystic acne, and have many acne scars/red marks on my face. I use this product every night in conjunction with 5% Benzoyl Peroxide.

PROS:
-This product will dry up a pimple overnight if used correctly (go a bit heavy when using the pink substance over your acne)
-This also helps to fade my acne scars
-Helps reduce the redness and swelling on my cystic acne, as well as (eventually) bring it to a head
-Works FAR more effectively than any other salycilic acid acne treatment I have ever tried (both high end and low end)
-Because you use a Q-tip when applying this, you get a more precise (and sanitary) application. This way, you only have acne treatment where you need it

CONS:
-Smells strongly when you first open the bottle but the smell fades within seconds of putting the product on your face
-This is meant to dry up your pimple if you have one, so yes, there will be a bit of dryness. But it nothing major (doesn't make my skin flake or itch) and it can be controlled with a decent moisturizer. Really, this is the case for ANY acne treatment though

OVERALL: I have bought this 3 times already and will continue to buy this. I work at Ulta and direct my customers with acne towards this product, and most of them love it. If you have dry skin, I would recommend moisturizing before using this on your spots, that way it won't dry you out :)

This is the one product that helps the best to reduce outbreaks. You just dip your cotton swab into the bottle (don't shake it!), apply it to the blemish and leave it on overnight. It usually takes a couple days to get rid of a nasty one, but otherwise it works really well!

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

First off, I don't usually struggle with acne (I used to has cystic acne in college but went on Accutane and my skin completely changed). I might get a pimple once or twice a month at the most and it's normally superficial. I used to use a NuSkin clay mask to take care of it but after Accutane my skin is sensitive and it makes it really red and hot. Also, I tried the Tea Tree stick from Body Shop that my sister used but it didn't seem to make a difference. I hadn't figure out what to do with pimples and since I didn't get them very often, I kind of just left them alone. However, this month I got two pimples at the same time and decided to try it. I had heard good things about it and, honestly, it looks interesting. I'm really glad that I tried it. The other reviews are super right - DO NOT USE ON BROKEN SKIN, meaning, if you tried to extract the pimple, you really shouldn't use this on it until it has healed. I know it's annoying but it REALLY hurts if you do it and it could cause irritation. For me, it really helped in clearing the pimples quickly. Also, this might sound odd, but I had a weird thing on the side of my nose that I had for months and months. I don't think it's a pimple, just a bump. I put this on it just to see what would happen and it went down in size a lot (kind of amazing). I gave this 5 hippies because I worked really well for me, especially considering my sensitive skin.