Mario Badescu Drying Lotion

Mario Badescu Drying Lotion
Drying Lotion

3.5

Isopropyl Alcohol,Aqua (Water,Eau), Calamine, Camphor,Sulfur, Zinc Oxide, Titanium Dioxide, Talc,Glycerin, Salicylic Acid

I have sensitive, oily, acne prone skin. Sometimes I get cystic acne on the cheeks and chin. I’m talking about these bad a$$, under the skin, volcano type of pimples.

This spot treatment can gradually minimize them but they won’t disappear magically after one or two applications. It works better when you use it on pimples that are about to make their appearance.

It has camphor in it and it’s not a subtle scent.

I have used the “Buffering Lotion” I liked it but I think that the “Drying Lotion” works better. The “Drying Cream” doesn’t do anything for me.

The Drying Lotion can cause discoloration, so use it in moderation.

All in all, yes I am going to repurchase this and I think it worths a try. It works but when I get those deep under the skin pimples it can’t make them disappear overnight but it will gradually minimize them.

My top products for acne prone skin are: mini foreo luna + trilogy cream cleanser + Aloe Vera based moisturizer (aesop hydrating serum) + Mario badescu drying lotion + glamglow supermud

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Cool

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

I purchased this since I read that many celebrities use this. It works and I can conveniently purchase this at Ulta. It has become a staple in my skincare routine along with my Indian Healing Clay. I will repurchase.

on 2/7/2018 7:30:00 AM

this is a product you need to have if you get breakouts i get tiny bumps and larger pimples and this gets rid of them in the morning but be careful not to shake it then you can't real use it and have to wait for it to settle.

on 2/2/2018 8:49:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Kinky, Medium

This is one of those products that I order a second of when half is gone. I have to have it on hand at all times. I don’t have acne prone skin, per say, but when I do have those nasty cystic bumps and white heads pop up, I put this on. It shrinks the swelling and tones down the redness. I find it doesn’t quite stay on all night (it’s recommended to use the product and leave on overnight), but it’s still effective. I wish that the bottle was easier to travel with, though. Be careful not to shake it or it will mess up the application.

on 1/28/2018 12:42:00 AM

This, like the buffering lotion, is another MB product I am never without. It does an excellent job at shrinking small, closed blemishes and clogged pores. It can burn if applied to open skin (try Dr Eckstein's Azulen paste) but otherwise is a great product and a great price.

on 12/29/2017 12:06:00 PM

It works like magic! I usually used it for my big acnes & it would heals at only 1-2 days. But i can't make it work at small acnes (like whiteheads i think)..

on 11/23/2017 8:38:00 AM

This product definitely isn’t a miracle worker but it does work extremely well. I saw at least slight reduction in size of any blemish I put it on overnight. It also brought down the swelling and pain of the cystic acne on my jaw line.

on 10/15/2017 11:16:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium

Love this so much because so far there's no product that comes close. It is so reliable for reducing size of blemishes and also whiteheads! It also eliminates redness the next day and u can just feel it drawing all the toxins from your skin. Just apply moisturizer the next day, it doesnt really dry out your skin that much. Would repurchase again and again.

on 10/8/2017 10:02:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

I had thoughts when i first bought it. I have an oily, sensitive and acne-prone skin and buying this RM97 for a small bottle really questioned me if it's gonna work or wasting my money. I had a large painful cystic acne (with no head) on the middle of my eyebrows and was embarassed to go out with my contact lens so I decided to wear my glasses all the time I had that cystic acne. I bought the drying lotion at Sephora and tried it out at night (and went ahead to sleep) the next day. In the morning, I got up rushing to the mirror because i couldn't wait to see the results on my cystic acne. And boy! Lemme tell you it works WONDER!! The crystic acne had reduced in size and it leaves me with no mark at all. I went back to school in that morning and my best friend complimented me that my cystic acne is no more to be seen. Now i'm still gonna use this everytime I breakout and it's a lifesaver. 100% would repurchase.

Also, I rarely have cystic acne now eversince I use this product. Only small zits and small pimples and just blemishes from my past pimples extracted by unexperienced cosmodermatologist :( never again to have facial with untrusted people!!

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Neutral

This product smells so awful! Makes my nose burn and my head become so dizzy every time I use this. But I can bear it because this tiny cute thing works on me like magic.

I breakout like every single day and everytime I put this on my acne, be it adult acne or hormonal acne, it works so wonderfully! Of course it need to 2-3 days to make those acne dissappear but I won't complain about it. This is the only effective acne spot treatment I've ever been use in my life!

I also felt sharp sting when I applied this but it only happened for seconds. I'm going to make this product in my permanent list on my top shelf