Mario Badescu Drying Lotion

Mario Badescu Drying Lotion
Drying Lotion

3.5

Isopropyl Alcohol,Aqua (Water,Eau), Calamine, Camphor,Sulfur, Zinc Oxide, Titanium Dioxide, Talc,Glycerin, Salicylic Acid

on 11/21/2018 2:06:00 AM

I have mixed thoughts about this product. The first 20 or so times I use a new bottle, it works pretty good to dry out Whitehead’s. I usually have to reapply twice at night. But then something happens and the bottle becomes less potent and I’m left with half a bottle that does not work as well as when I first bought it. The qtip also picks up a lot of excess product and causes waste, because you can’t exactly put it back..

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

I have very oily skin. I purchased this product because lately I've been getting many cysts on my face. However, as soon as I bought this product, the cysts stop showing up on my face. I still get tiny pimples on my face every now and then so I decided to use this product on those little whiteheads instead. I followed the instructions and nothing happened. The whiteheads are still there. There is no difference in size. I applied the product overnight for several days on the same areas too. I should have seen results by now. I will not buy this again.

Update: It has finally dried up one of my pimples. However, I had to apply two coats of the product in one night just to get it to dry out.

on 9/22/2018 3:52:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure

My skin is typically more on the dry side and fortunately, I’ve never been one to suffer from super bad breakouts - however... first two weeks after coming off the contraceptive pill my skin went crazy and I had some hormonal breakouts. I purchased this product thinking it would completely get rid of the redness and texture and unfortunately it didn’t. It helps to almost flattened the spots but doesn’t get rid of it. I found I saw a little bit of a difference after the 2-3 of use. Quite a strong smell which personally I don’t mind but that’s maybe something to think about. £16 isn’t bad but I think you could possibly find better products within Clinique’s Anti Blemish range. Don’t think I’d repurchase. Hope this helps.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

I suffer from nearly year round oily skin, exacerbated by the high humidity and temperatures where I live. In other words: a recipe for disaster every now and again. Whenever a blemish appears I use one dab of this a few minutes before going to sleep and I wake up to a pimple that is at least 50% flatter and healed. it's almost as though it speeds up the whole start to finish cycle of the pimple, so instead of it lasting up to a week, you're looking at no more than a few days max. Love how quickly it dries and the bottle is small enough for travel too which is a bonus.

Selena x

~ My HG list ~

(I've sampled hundreds of skin, hair and m/u products over the last decade and a half, as I love trying out new stuff all the time - usually sample sizes via e-bay, also courtesy of a friend who works at Sephora. Thought it might be useful to share my top 10 must-have products, subject to change if and when I come across something more effective)

1. Hair Loss Treatment: ‘Divine Herbal’ - Hair Oil
2. Lip Balm: Jack Black - Intense Therapy
3. Pigmentation/Anti-Ageing: ‘Divine Herbal’ - Facial Treatment Serum
4. Cleanser: 'Aveda' - Purifying Gel Cleanser
5. Concealer: ‘Mac’ - Studio Finish Concealer
6. Lash Growth Serum: ‘Divine Herbal’ - Divinelash
7. Foundation/SPF: ‘Juice Beauty’ - Stem Cellular Repair (warm glow)
8. Face Scrub: ‘Sisley' - Botanical Gentle Buffing Cream
9. Moisturizer: ‘Antipodes' - Rejoice Light Day Cream
10. Hand Cream: 'Origins' - Make A Difference Rejuvenating Hand Treatment

on 7/3/2018 2:43:00 PM

This is such an amazing acne product for pimples, blackheads and Whitehead’s. If you have stubborn skin that doesn’t respond well to acne treatments this is definitely with a try. It’s not super expensive for how great it works. I had Whitehead’s that wouldn’t go away regardless of what I put on them untill I tried this and it got rid of them all. Definitely a holy grail product.

on 6/13/2018 9:20:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

Omgg. Iv only tried this on my face for 2 days and it is insane!!!! If you have normal skin with pimples every now and then (mostly whiteheads and redish spots) THIS IS THE PRODUCT FOR YOU. It doesnt vanish your pimples overnight however it reduces the size ALOT. This is magic in a little pink bottle. Defo reccommend xx

on 5/17/2018 5:02:00 PM

ive been using this when ive been pregnant and afterfor my cycstic hormonal acne. its the only thing that has worked to shrink the little suckers. this helps me not picking at them and making them worst. benzoyl peroxide was not working for me and my face dont like SA either so this is a god send!

edit- COSRX ACNE PATCHES ARE BETTER!!!!!!!!

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

I used this product in high school and just finally came back to it. Nothing else really dries out my spots like this without leaving dry, patchy areas on my face! This product is really only for whiteheads and other pimples that have reached the surface, so don’t expect it to work for your cystic acne or under-the-skin acne- they have different products formulated to address those issues.

I have sensitive, oily, acne prone skin. Sometimes I get cystic acne on the cheeks and chin. I’m talking about these bad a$$, under the skin, volcano type of pimples.

This spot treatment can gradually minimize them but they won’t disappear magically after one or two applications. It works better when you use it on pimples that are about to make their appearance.

It has camphor in it and it’s not a subtle scent.

I have used the “Buffering Lotion” I liked it but I think that the “Drying Lotion” works better. The “Drying Cream” doesn’t do anything for me.

The Drying Lotion can cause discoloration, so use it in moderation.

All in all, yes I am going to repurchase this and I think it worths a try. It works but when I get those deep under the skin pimples it can’t make them disappear overnight but it will gradually minimize them.

My top products for acne prone skin are: mini foreo luna + trilogy cream cleanser + Aloe Vera based moisturizer (aesop hydrating serum) + Mario badescu drying lotion + glamglow supermud

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Cool

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

I purchased this since I read that many celebrities use this. It works and I can conveniently purchase this at Ulta. It has become a staple in my skincare routine along with my Indian Healing Clay. I will repurchase.