Mario Badescu Drying Lotion

Mario Badescu Drying Lotion
Drying Lotion

3.5

Isopropyl Alcohol,Aqua (Water,Eau), Calamine, Camphor,Sulfur, Zinc Oxide, Titanium Dioxide, Talc,Glycerin, Salicylic Acid

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

The product is miracle to treat crystal acne. I once had really bad breakout& after applying this product on the pimples, it disappeared right away in the morning after. I use it on my friends& they are too wowed about the results. I am warned by the seller that it might make the skin dry& patchy but I do not experience that, however dry skin might need to be more careful. The product is quite cheap as it could go a long way& super effective for big crystal pimples. To other type of acnes it is useless.

on 6/12/2017 12:07:00 AM

Horrible

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure

One of the best acne and blackheads treatment.
Small acnes will dry within one night. But the large-under-the-surface-acnes will shrink longer.
Based on *my* experience, upon applying the product, it has a stinging sensation. May hurt a bit for certain people depending on their skin type.

But again, the product will work differently depending skin types. this product should be a must-have in every household.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

I've been buying this product for years. I have adult cystic acne, and missing one day of my sulfur treatment means bad news for my skin.
This dries out everything, including clogged pores. I buy the plastic bottle because it's shorter, so the Q-tip hits the bottom without issue.
I will say that after about 3 weeks of daily use, the potency of it diminishes, and the amount of the sediment at the bottom thins out. I try to use it up until there's nothing left, but that can be hard.
Smells about as horrible as you'd imagine, but it works.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

Alright, I've been using this product for a few weeks now and I think I've developed a solid opinion on it.
I guess what most people come here for, does this work? The answer is yes, it does work, but there's some things that I would like to point out.
This product will dry zits faster than others and more effectively, as in it won't dry the skin around it. I've tried TONNNNSS of drying products and this is the one that, in my opinion, works the best.
Now, this product won't get rid of cystic, under the skin, pimples. It will dry them once they come out to the surface of the skin, but, at least on my skin, it didn't work on the worst spots.
I would still recommend it, like I say it does a very good and fats job on regular pimples, and for those who only get a couple zits a month due to periods or whatnot, this is a good product.
For people who suffer from cystic, hormonal acne (like myself), this is a handy add on product to combine with other acne treatments.
I hope this helped!

on 3/28/2017 5:44:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

I like zinc/sulfur based spot treatments since using Payot Speciale 5 however it's hard for me to source that product so i decided to try this. I like that you can precisely apply the product to a spot and it does work to dry out whiteheads and some cystic acne. However it leaves the spot flaky making it hard to cover up in the day time. Also its very hard to remove from spots in the morning. It's a hassle to use - cotton buds just barely reach to the bottom of a relatively new product and there's always the risk of accidentally knocking the bottle over when using it and wasting all your product. Would not repurchase.

on 3/27/2017 2:46:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I bought the drying lotion last summer, I had read and heard great reviews about this. When I got the drying lotion I got surprised by how small the bottle is, I don't really know why I was expecting a bigger bottle.
Sometimes the drying lotion does a great job and sometimes not. It doesn't work on my bigger pimples, but on my smaller pimples it works great. I think it's quite individual if this product is going to work on you or not. I would not repurchase the drying lotion, because I think there are better products for me at a better price point.

on 3/21/2017 2:11:00 PM

I've been suffered from acne for 6 years, this is one of the most effective healer so far. It takes about 2-3 nights or more to heal each time. It helps dry the reddened or inflamed acne. Just finished 1 bottle and going buy another one soon.

on 3/8/2017 1:29:00 PM

I bought this last year when I was suffering from bad breakouts and desperate to try anything. A classmate recommended this so I picked it up from Ulta for $17-18. Which is a lot. The first time I used it, I shook the bottle up not realizing that's not what you're supposed to do. You're supposed to dip a q-tip into the pink sediment at the bottom and then apply to your face that way. So at least it's sanitary. It has a strong alcohol like scent but that doesn't really bother me. For any serious, cystic like acne this won't help. I suppose for smaller blemishes that are not deep rooted, this flattens them some but it definitely doesn't dry them out and take them away for me. Also, you have to use it a few nights in a row since it doesn't take it away immediately. Or at all, really. I have used this under makeup before but find it best to use at night. It sometimes stings a little but but not unbearable. I still have a lot left but really never use it because I think it's pointless. It also reminds me of calamine lotion so who knows, maybe i'll try it for bug bites in the summer. Overall, not impressed at all and would not repurchase.

This stuff is great for small little white heads or upcoming black heads. Not for bigger zits tho, works a little bit but I defiantly recommend for small white heads/ black heads