3.8

package quality

price range

Reviews

13 years ago

Excellent product from Elemis. This is a great all-round moisturiser with Padina Pavonica extract, which is an algae derivative known to firm skin. I have relatively oily skin, especially during the humid summer here in Asia. Even then, I've had no problems with this at all. A small amount goes a long way (apply to your face while it is damp with toner) so price is really not much of an issue. The only problem I have with Elemis is they are not organic and does use ingredients such as Propylene Glycol and Parabens in their products.

About reviewer (3 reviews)

SkinOther

HairOther

13 years ago

I Have had spotty, uneven, skin for quite a while becase i picked my spots and i have scars. i started using this a few months ago and i love it. it smells divine, smoothes on very easily is very cost effective and most of all it really has transformed my skin. i reccomend it to all.

About reviewer (8 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair

13 years ago

Approaching mid-20s, I am noticing very early signs of ageing, and want to preserve my youth for as long as possible. So, I am wanting a moisturiser which will address my needs. Got this 15ml tube off of Ebay as beauty editors were raving about the virtues of padina pavonica, and I wanted to see what the hype was about. First thing I noticed was that a small amount goes a long way, and also that you need to warm the product up before using. Now, the texture, is very light, so, this is great for those of us who are showing early signs of ageing as we tend to find that we are still oily-combination in areas, and I find this cream will not cause more spots. It impresses me greatly that Elemis have introduced an anti-ageing moisturiser which understands that acne-prone skin can still show signs of ageing, as I realize that most anti-ageing creams usually cater to mature/ dry skins ONLY. So, this is a tick in my book. Well, I have got to say after a few days, I can really feel and see the smoothness and calmness to my skin. Red areas are looking more calm, too. Overall, I am looking more rested. But I have yet to see any real anti-ageing effects that this cream promises. It's just a really good moisturiser. Mediocre at best. It doesn't blow me away in the way that Gatineau's Melatogenine Futur Plus Cream does. But having said that, this is on my re-order list, simply for the fact that it's a great in-between moisturiser that works for me when my skin is extra sensitive or if I'm in the middle of switching brands and really want my skin to behave yet feel as if it is well nourished. So, this is soon to replace my Decleor Hydra Floral, which kind of broke me out. Altho I will never attempt to buy the 50ml jar as it costs a whopping £75, plus I am not a fan of finger-dipping. Instead, I plan to purchase this stuff in 15ml tubes via Ebay, which works out far more economical. Just found 3 15ml tubes purchased already for a total of £25! BARGAIN!!

About reviewer (20 reviews)

SkinAcne-prone, Fair

2.0

13 years ago

I redeem this generous sample (15ml) in a set from asiamiles.com. Anyway...my friend said it was really good so I want to give it a try. However the high price tag hesitates me to buy the full size, so I got it from redeeming my asiamiles point. so i tried it..it has some really annoying smell. It does not do anything on my skin. i won't buy again for sure.

About reviewer (21 reviews)

HairBlack

13 years ago

this is a very great product for anyone starting to get fine lines this will take them away!. if you have used this and it did not seem to work for you then you may need a skin exfoliating scrub or peel ,to get some of the dead skin off your face . if you have dead skin cells on your face no product will be about to get where it needs to be ( your dermal level).thats why sometimes a product will work great for someone but not for another person. here is the ingredients : Water (Aqua), Glyceryl Stearate SE, Glycerin, Glyceryl Polyacrylate, Glyceryl Polymethacrylate, Propylene Glycol, Dimethicone, Isononyl Isononanoate, Triticum Vulgare Germ Oil (Wheat), Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea Butter), Simmondsia Chinensis Seed Oil (Jojoba), Chlorella Vulgaris Extract, Padina Pavonica Extract, Daucus Carota Sativa Seed Extract (Carrot), Porphyridium Cruentum Extract, Acacia Decurrens Absolute, Rosa Damascena Flower Absolute, Lecithin, Ginkgo Biloba Extract, Phenoxyethanol, Cetyl Alcohol, Stearic Acid, Polyacrylamide, Xanthan Gum, Chlorphenesin, Methylparaben, Laureth 7, Disodium EDTA, Butylparaben, Ethylparaben, Tocopheryl Acetate, Propylparaben, Isobutylparaben, Hydroxyisohexyl 3 Cyclohexene Carboxaldehyde, Butylphenyl Methylpropional, Linalool, Citronellol so now we can see there are several anti aging ingredients!.thankyou!.

About reviewer (59 reviews)

Age36-43

HairBlond

13 years ago

This is a good skincare product if you can afford it. I wrote the company and they sent me alot of samples of their skincare. Unfortunately, I won't be purchasing these because of the price.

About reviewer (84 reviews)

Age36-43

HairBlond

13 years ago

I had a 30ml pot of this (bought on ebay because its outrageously priced in the UK IMO) and I used every last drop in the hope it would eventually make some sort of difference to my fine lines on my forehead or even make my skin look smoother, more even or just more bloom. Alas no. At the time I was only just 30 (and in a panic about ageing lol)and I have oily/combination skin and this has a light texture so never felt cloying or heavy nor did it block my pores. But my skin just looked and behaved the same as it did using my Liz Earle Skin Repair. Now 33 I use Decleor and Dr Hauschka and have noticed a difference with these. If you really want to try this then try ebay or a trial set from QVC first. 1/5 lippies overall rating. EDITED TO ADD- Now for a complete about turn to my original review! I am now 37 (and pregnant) and my skin is looking dehydrated and tired (although still combination). Since I cannot use most anti-ageing products I thought I would give this a go, again. I have no idea why )possibly because it came in a QVC set with their new fab cleanser and 2 of my all time fave body products the Frangipani shower cream & body oil). So now I am using PCMC religiously and I love it, my skin feels super soft, smooth and looks so much "better". It has got life in it again and I love that I can use this from hairline to bustline and around my eyes and not need any separate products (less faff is good especially with a little one on the way!). I love the smell (I was suing Liz Earle's Superskin which is fragrance free) and it has such a wonderful light as air gel cream texture that smooths on easily, and a little goes a long way on toned skin. I am glad I got the kit and had the chance to try PCMC again and despite its outrageous cost I will re-purchase (probably in kits from QVC or on ebay as originally stated).

About reviewer (93 reviews)

Age30-35

SkinOily, Fair, Warm

HairBlond, Other, Other

3.0

13 years ago

Luv the velvety texture, a shame that it just does not provide enough moisture on the cold windy days and the summer nights with air-conditioning constantly drying out my skin. Even tho winter in Hong Kong is not that harsh, this product still doesn't cut it and gives me a few dry patches on the cheeks and on both sides of the chin area. Creme de La Mer is still my HG so far.

About reviewer (108 reviews)

SkinDry

13 years ago

Since it's that time of the year (winter) I thought I better get a fabulous moisturize to keep my body hydrated and silky soft. I ran across an ad from a website called www.timetospa.com and decided to give it a shot for the Pro-Collagen Marine Cream. Furthermore, the cream promised to revert aging signs. Even though I don’t have those problems yet, I believe it’s never too soon to start preventing. I am in love with the cream!..I absolutely adore the smell and the softness of my body after I apply it. It’s 100% worth every penny.

About reviewer (11 reviews)

SkinOther

HairOther

13 years ago

I must admit, this made my dry skin velvety smooth and more hydrated. However as i tend to have really dry skin i had to keep adding over the day, and i noticed that when i massaged it in the cream went all flaky???? it was weird. Would buy again for the velvety smoothness it gave my skin, but will stick to the creme de la mer which is better for dry skin. As for anti aging properties, i`m not sure, (far too young for lines and wrinkles yet lol) i`m 32 and don`t have any lines or wrinkles at all yet.

About reviewer (2 reviews)

Age30-35