CLINIQUE High Impact Mascara

CLINIQUE High Impact Mascara

3.6

water, copernicia cerifera (caranuba) wax, stearic acid, glyceryl stearate, polyisobutene, silica, acrylates copolymer, aminomethyl propanediol, vp/eicosene copolymer, sodium hyaluronate, lauroyl lysine, pantethine, melanin, panthenol, hydrolyzed wheat protein, ethylhexylglycerin, hydroxyethylcellulose, calcium aluminum borosilicate, pvp, propylene clycol, acacia senegal gum, isostearic acid, simethicone, dimethicone peg-8 polyacrylate, urea, disodium edta, bht, sodium dehydroacetate, methylparaben, ethylparaben, propylparaben, isobutylparaben, phenoxyethanol, benzyl alcohol, [ /- iron oxides (ci 77491, ci 77492, ci 77499), mica, titanium dioxide (ci 77891), blue 1 lake (ci 42090), aluminum powder (ci 77000), carmine (ci 75470), chromium oxide greens (ci 77288), yellow 5 lake (ci 19140), chromium hydroxide green (ci 77289), bismuth oxychloride (ci 77163), bronze powder (ci 77400), ultramarines (ci 77007), ferric ferrocyanide (ci 77510)] [iln 30012]

on 12/6/2018 10:20:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other

I'm so sad to see that i'm the exception here who actually loves this mascara. I find this mascara great for everyday use. It provides great length and volume for everyday wear. It has a nice black colour which isn't dramatic. It removes easily with my Bioderma Cleansing Water. Does not smudge either and it's economical when compared to Dior, Chanel, YSL, etc. I will repurchase for sure.

If you want drama - dark, rich black pigment with alot of volume and length plus helping it stay curled all day - try the Chanel Revolution Mascara. I LOVE THAT! It is my HG! I will warn you though that it does smudge if you don't wear powder underneath the eyes. And after washing I am still left with a tad bit of the mascara smear under the eyes; hence I only wear this for special occasions. Cannot be bothered with the high maintenance everyday.

on 11/16/2018 7:41:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

This is a very strange product. I've purchased the full size on several occasions, but if you can, I would much rather recommend the smaller mini/sample sizes that are frequently offered with GWP, holiday kits, mascara sets, etc. I'm not sure why but the full size does not perform anywhere near as well as the sample size, almost to the tune of a being a completely different product. I don't understand if it's the amount of air that gets in the tube or how it dries out or what, but I've had other people tell me the same, completely unprompted.

Regarding the sample sizes: this is a great mascara. Seriously it is one of the best. Volume, separation, beautiful glossy black color, no irritation, no fragrance, stays put and doesn't flake, doesn't leave lashes feeling dry/crunchy, and most wondrously easily removable. 5/5

Regarding the full size: this is a decent mascara. It performs adequately although perhaps not much better than what is offered at the drug store. It offers some amount of volume and separation but you have to work through it and it is not as easy to layer so you may need a comb. Great black color, non irritating, and the rest follows suit with its small-sample size cousin. Compared to that mascara though, this is just lacking something so it's really not quite as good. 3/5

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

The mascara doesn't live up to its name. No high impact here.
On the bright side, there are the facts that it doesn't flake and it's easy to remove.
But there is no length, no curl, no volume, irritating for my sensitive eyes, and difficult to build up.

on 11/15/2018 11:30:00 PM

Love this! But COMPLETELY agree with all the reviews that say it doesn’t live up to its name. Because it certainly isn’t high impact. It’s actually rather low impact but I love it all the same. The reasons being: It doesn’t flake ever!! (My ultimate mascara pet peeve) It doesn’t smudge It separates lashes beautifully It removes so easily with makeup remover It’s no fuss, no hassle, super easy to just throw on quickly—don’t even need a mirror Lashes are left darkened with moderate length and volume A step up from natural looking lashes I can totally see why people would be annoyed with this product after buying what they thought would give a high impact look—Clinique should really change the name of this.

on 11/15/2018 5:05:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

Feels expensive and high quality - the packaging, and the thick bristled wand. The product seems to go on a little lightly, I needed to go over lashes quite a few times to load the product up, and some lashes did start to tack together with the heavier application. Also, the busy/tightly packed wand bristles took up a lot of space so it was hard to get into the lashes to load them up without hitting parts of my lid and getting the product on my eyelid and surrounds.

For comparison, I then used my usual mascara on the other eye for comparison, and found the product more liquid and therefore more easy to apply, and the wand was curved and longer so easier to get into the lashes and load the product without hitting the surrounding skin areas, it also meant I could dab the product onto the tips more to achieve a longer looking lash.

Overall it's a decent mascara but I wouldn't re-buy or switch from my usual.

on 11/14/2018 10:01:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Where has this mascara been all of my life?? I love how it separates all of my fine eyelashes and gives them nice definition without being clumpy. It also washes off so easily in the shower and doesn't leave me with raccoon eyes. Previously I was using Benefit Rollerlash, which is much more difficult to remove at night compared to High Impact. Other pros: Very gentle wand bristles, nice consistency (not too wet or dry), and good price for mid range mascara ($6 cheaper than Rollerlash). Glad I used my Sephora points to try this out!

This mascara does nothing for my lashes. No curl, no length- I can’t believe it’s called “high impact”. So not worth the price- good thing I didn’t buy it with my own money (it was a gift).
Maybelline Lash Sensational still remains my HG.

on 8/24/2018 2:29:00 AM

Been using this for years and love it. Very black and silky. I am not a fan of the price though and always purchase in a pack of three (which makes it about half price per mascara) at the airport (each one lasts a very long time). I can’t recall how much it costs in the UK but I don’t think I’d spend around £20 on it.

I used to like this mascara, but the past two tubes I brought home were a clumpy mess. Maybe there's been a formula change? This used to hold curl and volumize well, but not anymore.

I love it because it's very lengthening, a tiny bit volumizing, not too dramatic, and the brush gives a lift to your lashes. It washes off easily. Really nice mascara! My issue is that the formula dries out quickly.