Rodan and Fields RADIANT Exfoliate Microdermabrasion Paste

No Image

3.7

on 9/23/2017 5:31:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

On September 1, I used the Enhancement Microdermabrasion Paste. I had used it 2 other times before this, a couple of months ago, without any issues. This time, however, I had an allergic reaction. I've never had allergies before. I developed eczema on my face, chest, back, and hip. There were also a few spots on my hands. I went to the doctor, and he prescribed a steroid cream. The eczema lasted 3 weeks. I still have scarring. My hip looks as if it was clawed by a bear. That's how bad the itching got. I don't know how long it will take for the scars to go away. Fortunately, the ones on the side of my face are barely visible. It still itches, though. Needless to say, I will not be using this again, much less buying it again.

on 7/21/2017 10:18:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

I'm going to preface my review with a few things: I am in no way, shape or form with Rodan and Fields as a seller. Nor is anyone close to me. I am always hesitant about reviews about products from places like that because I'm worried the sellers will flood it with good reviews. That being said, onward to my review!
I am 30 years old with dry skin, large pores, occasional breakouts and skin that isn't sensitive.
This product works so well for me! No matter how many primers, moisturizers, or fabulous foundations I used, my skin looked totally cakey and flaky under my makeup. I never had that "glow" that some people have either. This paste has seriously changed my skin. My pores are smaller, my skin is smooth, soft and dare I even say it? Luminous. Yes, freakin' luminous. I haven't had one breakout since using it either.
It has worked so well that during the day I just pop some concealer under my eyes (toddler mom who is always exhausted) and I'm good to go!
The smell is faint and non descript. I use it 3x a week and I had to go sniff it now to write this.
I use this with my same old routine and for the days that I use it it replaces my face wash (makeup is removed of course) I always follow up with a toner and an anti aging night cream.

Bottom line: I love this!! It's expensive, but lasts for ages and is worth every penny. If your skin is dry and dull and not sensitive, get this paste!

on 10/8/2013 9:40:00 PM

Rodan and Fields is definetly my favorite skincare brand, my favorite product in the whole world is this paste! I do not know how I ever lived without it. It is mmore than an exfoliating scrub. It really wipes away dead skin cells. On my first use it peeled off a layer of dead skin off of my face. It wasnt painful or anything. It made my skin so bright and helped get rid of some blackheads over times. I use it 3 times a week, along with the UNBLEMISH line from Rodan+Fields. My skin is at its best!! The scrub feels so good on your face and i accidently got a little in my mouth and it even tasted good... I wouldn't eat it purposely though. The scent of it is clean smelling not harsh at all.

on 12/29/2005 11:06:00 PM

I like this scrub. It makes my skin super smooth and refines the texture.
However, this is a serious scrub. It exfoliates and helps skin to get rid of many layers of dead skin. It will make your skin a little dry and red at first but the overall results are great. The clarity and texture of my skin is much more refined. Also, the UNBLEMISHED line is great for acne prone skin.
This product lasts forever, so I wouldn't worry about the price.

Decent scrub & felt really soft; but thought it was a stretch to call this "microdermabrasion". The scrub particles are salt, which seems to me would be drying over time. I'll have to see how this works over time to determine whether or not it's really worth the $$$.

I really like this scrub. It is expensive, but you don't need a lot, so the jar will last for ages. I've used a zillion scrubs -- never found a drugstore one I liked, and never stuck with one higher-end product. Radiant leaves my skin very smooth. There's a slight scent, faintly orangey, but nothing terrible. I would recommend it -- it really does leave my skin smoother than other products do.

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Not Sure

I started using this after trying the CALM/UNBLEMISHED regimen. I started having great results with that regimen after about 4 weeks, so I dug into the sample Rodan & Fields had sent along with my regimen order. First, I used it on wet skin and was suprised by how fast the stuff seemed to disintegrate-it was exfoliating, but very very gently. Also, though it felt oily, it rinsed off immediately. Then, after reading the website, I realized that it is meant to be used on dry skin (you can use it on wet skin, but only if you want a very slight exfoliation) and started doing that.

My experience has been really nice. I used it once a week for the first 3 weeks and have upped it to twice a week for the last 2 weeks. I smear some of the paste on my face and very gently rub it across my skin. When I rinse (again very easy to do) and pat dry, my skin looks glowing and feels really soft and smooth. My favorite part is that ever since I upped it to twice a week, there are fewer blackheads on my nose, and the ones that are there are smaller. Yes, the blackheads will come back because nothing will shrink a pore, but by usiing this twice a week, my pores keep getting cleared out which keeps the sebum build-up in check. ALSO, the red marks left behind by several huge cysts (what prompted me to go to the R&F site in the first place) are fading faster every since I upped to twice a week. While they have been fading very gradually for the past month or so, I actually see a noticeable difference the day after I exfoliate in the intensity of the darkness.

This is EXTREMELY expensive at $65 a jar (I believe it was $55 but they raised it very recently when they changed the names of the products-is it just me or have high end skin care products started going completely loony in the cost factor?), but again, like the UNBLEMISHED line, I find it so wonderful, and it makes such a marked improvement in my face (like nothing else I have tried and I have tried many many things) that I will repurchase when I finish this jar (which I hope won't be for a long time) and probably keep purchasing for a long time to come.

on 11/15/2004 1:00:00 PM

Got this as a sample from Gloss. I really liked how soft and smooth it made my face. It is a little rough, but not that bad. Plan to buy this in the full size. Use it once a week. Generally do not like scrubs, but i liked this. After rinsing, I used my usual serum and skin felt great.

on 11/11/2004 11:58:00 PM

Wow, my experience with this product could not be any more different than the last reviewer. After using this product, I'd have to call the manufacturer Dr. Sadistic and Dr. Evil."Radiant" is just a terrible, harsh product. I don't have sensitive skin, and the complaint I have about most scrubs is that they are not "scrubby" enough. However, this product's scrub particles were large and had sharp, jagged edges. The grains felt like they were putting hundreds of microscopic scratches in my face and they stung. Even worse was the fact that the product was oily. After using this, I had to wash my face twice with my regular cleanser. All of this left my skin terribly dry and tight.I received a generous sized sample of this with my latest gloss.com purchase, so maybe I got a bad batch or something. I would give this zero lippies if that was an option. I would strongly recommend that you try a sample of this on your hand before purchasing it or applying it to your face.***EDIT*** This scrub was so heinous that I did some research on it. The scrub contains salt. Now WHY would someone use a salt scrub on their face??? The jagged particles + salt = the stinging I felt. It also has silicone in it, which is why when I put this on my wet face, it felt like an oil slick and took two washings with my regular cleanser to remove. Terrible stuff - stay away!
continued >>

on 9/3/2003 1:59:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Wow! I got this as a bonus when I ordered the CALM regimen and I finally gave it a try yesterday. I am still touching my face and marveling at the smoothness today!

This is a sugar scrub that smells citrus-y and fresh. I massaged it all over my face for about a minute and rinsed. I could see a difference immediately! My skin was smooth and soft. There are no harsh chemicals in here and the grains are small enough to not irritate the skin but large enough to exfoliate.

There are two drawbacks to this product. The first is price -- it's $55 which is a lot for a scrub. The second is that it comes in a tub and I prefer a tube. Both of these are minor complaints compared to the incredible job this product does.
continued >>