Aveeno Creamy Moisturizing Oil

Aveeno Creamy Moisturizing Oil

4.3

Water, Sesamum Indicum Seed Oil (Sesame), Di PPG 3 Myristyl Ether Adipate, Glycerin, Hydrogenated Polydecene, Dimethicone, Cetyl Alcohol, Avena Sativa Kernel Oil (Oat), Prunus Amygdalus Dulcis Oil (Sweet Almond), Avena Sativa Kernel Flour (Oat), Glyceryl Stearate, PEG 100 Stearate, Magnesium Aluminum Silicate, Xanthan Gum, Diazolidinyl Urea, Acrylates/C10 30 Alkyl Acrylate Crosspolymer, Lauroyl Lysine, Methylparaben, Ethylparaben, Propylparaben, Sodium Hydroxide, BHT, Tetrasodium EDTA, Fragrance

on 1/23/2016 10:04:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

I bought this lotion and promptly returned it, due to the smell. Granted I'm very sensitive to scents, but the problem here isn't the intensity, it's the smell itself. To me it just smells like some kind of plastic or vinyl or powdery chemical. I did not notice any almond scent like other reviewers have said. I love Aveeno's fragrance-free products so I'll be sticking to those.

I bought this on a whim because I was feeling low and Needed Something Pretty. (You guys understand, right?) I was in Walmart and this was the nearest item within my reach. I hit the jackpot. This is a softly scented, lovely lotion that moisturizes fully and absorbs quickly. I am prone to bumps on my forearms and the lotion has not aggravated the condition or caused any problems. I really, really like it...so much, I am thinking about looking at other Aveeno products, and that is a brand that has never been on my radar screen before. Highly recommended.

To Read all 171 Reviews, Login or Join

on 8/30/2015 1:16:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

i have dry skin and I hate using lotion or cream but this makes my skin so smooth and it smells good and it absorbs quickly so I don't feel tacky or greasy. totally recommend it

on 11/11/2014 1:18:00 PM

This stuff is awsome, I have very bad dry itchy hands&feet &I put this on every night before bed&it works great.Especially during the very cold winter months.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

This is a very 'meh' product for me. The consistency is rather thin, yet it still feels very damp after application. However, once it dries, it does a decent job of making my skin feel soft. In fact, when I shower again the next day, my arms still feel kind of oily under the water. I might be willing to overlook the consistency issue if this lotion had a really awesome scent, but I'm not crazy about the way it smells...it's just a so-so version of cherry almond. I don't dislike it enough to throw out half a bottle of lotion, but I definitely won't repurchase it when it's gone.

on 7/29/2014 7:15:00 AM

I'm very disappointed with this product. It has a delicious yet subtle fragrance (kind of like Lush Sympathy for the skin), but is falls really short on the moisturising promise. I even had small patches of eczema on my arms whilst using this. It is just not emollient enough for dry skin.

on 3/12/2014 2:58:00 AM

this is by far the best (out of all the high-end and drugstore) body lotion i have used. it absorbs quickly, has a soft gentle scent, is SO moisturizing and keeps skin silky soft. ive tried everything. this is the best and i will be purchasing it for the rest of my life.............i hope. if this is discontinued...i will be so unhappy.

on 2/2/2014 12:53:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

If they ever cancel this line I will cry. It melts into skin, and smells amazing, in a very non-perfume-y way. It is becoming harder to find at my normal stores, so I tried another Aveeno lotion... BOO!!! I hated the way my skin felt after applying. I finally found it at Bed Bath and Beyond and bought all 5 bottles they had on the shelf. I'm not messing around... I need this stuff. In the Winter you can apply it right after your shower with a little hemp oil mixed in. A-MAZING!

on 12/17/2013 8:56:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm

This lotion is pretty good. It soaks in quickly, is non-greasy, and truly does leave my skin feeling silky. It may not be enough for some during the winter months or for those with really dry skin. I find myself needing to reapply on my legs, which get pretty dry. But I think this would be perfect during the summer.

I love the smell. It's delicious, like sweet almonds. The scent does not last on me though, which is too bad because I adore it.

on 12/9/2013 2:43:00 PM

I really like this lotion. It has to most amazing consistency--it's so creamy (as the name implies), and it absorbs almost instantly, no greasy feel. Considering I hate the typical lotion greasiness so much that I often struggle keeping up with it in my routine, it's really nice to have a lotion in my cabinet that doesn't frustrate me when I want to use it.

For me, the lotion does last all day. I don't have very particularly dry skin to start with, though, so if you struggle with dryness or ashiness I can't say how well it will work for you.

I have a love-hate relationship with the scent, though. It's a subtle warm scent that reminds me of a light white musk or sweet milk. Sometimes I love it and it's comforting, other times I want something more complicated that doesn't remind me of a baby smell.

As for the packaging, it's pretty typical. I love two things in particular about it, though: 1, a pump (no messy cap, yay!) and 2, the bottle has a matte finish. That sounds totally unimportant, but to me it makes the difference between the bottle looking cheap or luxurious.