Models Prefer Flawless Neutralizing Loose Powder

No Image

2.5

on 4/3/2007 12:41:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

Well I would have to agree with the packaging-the brush is a tad scratchy but I love this in my handbag instead of a compact as I don't have to worry about it smashing! great for on the go...

Besides from the packaging, I prefer the loose neutralizing powder version to the pressed powder version. It gives an evenness to the skin and provides a natural look.

on 2/2/2007 10:26:00 AM

This is one of the worst products I've ever tried (luckily I didn't pay full price for it). I agree, the brush should be put out of it's misery...extremely scratchy-feeling and way too rough for my somewhat-sensitive skin. The powder sucks as well....way too drying for my red areas, looks all cakey and emphasizes my pores too. The creator needs to go back to the drawing board. This is the first Models Prefer product I have tried and it will be the last...this crappy brush/powder combo has given me an overall bad vibe about the whole line...cheap-looking and cheap-feeling...blech

on 7/2/2006 10:44:00 AM

I've never given a bad reveiw before this one. I have no idea if the powder is really good or not because the brush is so awful that I can't get to the product. The brush is extremely stiff and hurts my skin when I've attempted to use it.

on 7/17/2006 2:49:00 PM

Not to beat a dead horse, but like the other reviewers, I agree this packaging is horrible! The brush hurts your face and even though I suspect the powder is good, I couldn't swear to it. Heck if you use this product you REALLY need another neutralizing powder to cover up your redness created by the skin ripping brush!

You'd think they'd have enough complaints by now to figure this out at Models Prefer, INC.......

on 8/15/2005 7:03:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

I got this in the dial package with the brush attached. The brush is almost too thick -- I don't know if it'll soften up but it's too stiff right now and tends to remove the concealer I'm brushing the powder over. Other than that, I like the packaging a lot. Very easy to use and not messy at all -- it takes a little practice to figure out how to get the powder to the top of the brush, but basically you just turn it upside down with the cap on and give it a shake, or take the cap off and tap the brush into the palm of your hand.

I was a little worried I'd look jaundiced since I have yellow undertones to my skin to begin with but this doesn't make my skin yellow and it does neutralize what it says it will.

I purchased this from an eBay seller for about $20 with very cheap shipping, so I'd recommend looking there instead of paying full price from QVC. I'm going to try the Crystal powder next.

on 6/26/2006 5:13:00 AM

This is a review for the "dial" brush with the neutralizing powder inside.
As someone pointed out below, yellow does NOT neutrralize red. Also, I dont have much yellow in my skin tone. On the TV show on QVC they said that did not matter, but it does, the color does not sink into my skin, it sits there shouting "this person is wearing a yellow face powder".
Finally, the brush is very stiff and it was so rough to use that my face started to get the flakies the minute I brushed this on. Not good for any skin that is at all sensitive.

It's a gimicky product and I cant believe I fell for it.
To sum up, if you DO have yellow skin tones, and DONT care about neutralizig any red, and are not sensitive to horrible,cheap,scratchy brushes, this may be an OK product for you.

on 9/1/2003 11:57:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Dark, Not Sure

I received this product as part of a kit from Models Prefer. It was the pressed, yellow powder. I love yellow, based powders. This one is particularly fine and goes on sheerly and imparts a beautiful finish. Definitely a winner.

This is a great loose powder that my fabulous sister introduced me to. The packaging is cute; it comes in a cone-shaped container with a screw-top and a short, fat brush for application. It is a yellow powder designed to neutralize the skintone. It does work very nicely, providing even coverage without looking cakey. I've already repurchased because I liked this so much. However, I must admit that I now like MP's Gemstone Illuminating Crystal Dial Powder better, so I'll probably stick with that in the future. (Its pinkish hue works better with my coloring than the yellow.) Having said that, this is still an excellent product that will work with many different skintones and provide a great, natural look.

on 8/6/2004 1:26:00 AM

First, yellow is not the color to neutralize red. It's green. I learned this after I purchased this powder. I returned it for several reason. The first is that it went on chalky. The second is that it didn't neutralize the red. The third is that the brush bristles had a nasty, petroleum based synthetic odor that I don't see how anyone could tolerate. My recommendation is Physician's Formula Sensitive Powder in green or 'that expensive French powder' at three times the price of PF.

on 6/22/2005 8:57:00 PM

Just received the neutralizing yeller powder in the dial up dispenser with one of the kits I ordered on QVC...Love it ..I use the lowest setting and it helps to control shine, doesn't get into my fine lines and works and looks better than my mineral veil from BE.. and it you do put on too much of anything ..bronzer, blush whatever you just put on a little and it fixes it.. will buy again