Wet 'n' Wild MegaBrilliance Lip Gloss

3.0

Price: $

Price: $

on 8/15/2005 5:15:00 PM

This gloss is.. hmm. I have three, one in #599 (clear with all kinds of sparkles), 595 (clear with orangy sparkles) and one with no number on it but red/pinkish sparkles. These glosses are very glittery. It's basically water with glitter. You only get a really, reeeeally thin layer of gloss on your lips with this, and I prefer somewhat thicker gloss. It's gritty, but I can live with that. The bottles look super cute (I love glitter!!!) and overall.. I guess this gloss is a little below average with quality, but not *bad* or anything. I will reach for this, but not too often.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I bought mine in a pink shade for a festive party. This has tons of glitter- to the point that if you rub your lips together, it feels gritty. It's a good gloss for Halloween or dressing up for a costume party, but not for everyday wear.

on 10/9/2003 9:33:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

Dang! Another impulse buy (read: mistake) that could have been avoided by a trip to Productville!

From the WnW Hallowe'en display, I picked up MegaBrilliance LipGloss in Scarlet. It looks gorgeous in the tube - deep, shiny, sparkly reddish-burgundy. Sexy!
But no. Nope. Of course, like all the other MegaBrilliance glosses, it's clear with lots of glitter. Red glitter, in this case.

The gloss doesn't go on very smoothly at all. The glitter is rough and uncomfortable. It spreads fairly choppily - which wouldn't be so noticeable if the glitter wasn't so dark, or if it was in a colored base of some sort.

I've tried it over a couple of lipsticks, but it doesn't look much better that way, either.
No matter how much or how little I apply, this gloss looks for all the world like glitter glue - clumps of glitter suspended unevenly and inelegantly in a clear base.

on 8/17/2002 5:11:00 PM

It's funny I know, that such a cheap product would be so increadibly cool. I saw 591, a red and gold glitter gloss and couldn't walk away from it. It's got tiny particles of gold and red metallic glitter, with a slight bit of gloss. It smells (I kid you not) exactly like grape Big Chew bubble gum, you remember that stuff? The shredded bubblegum in a pouch with the drawing of a brawny looking baseball player blowing a big bubble on it? I put it on in the truck and my husband went "Is that bubblegum?" And we both had the epiphany at the same time. Needless to say we had to experiment to see if it tasted like it. It didn't but it was worth the effort. I really like this product. It's cheap, tastes alright, smells fun and looks even more fun. The coverage is minimal but the sparkle is definitely there. For a couple of bucks, you can afford to not like it.