Wet 'n' Wild MegaBrilliance Lip Gloss

Price: $

Price: $

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

I miss theold ones with the silver cap, I like the pink and blue ones, the megaslicks bronzeberry and crystal clear are the best and really cheap, I moved on to MAC, Avon, Bare Escentuals (Bare Minerals) and Stila, sometimes Loreal and Rimmel, when I'm on a real super low budgets

on 1/27/2012 9:00:00 PM

I fell in love with the color and grabbed it, but I ended up hating this product. The applicator is terrible, it takes 10 times to get something noticeable on the lips, and the color payoff is minimal. Waste of money.

I bought this #599 and let me just say that it does not look good on its own. If you want sparkles on your lips this will do the job but it does not add any other colour.
Packaging gets a 1 because the glue on the top of the tube wore off so now I am missing the actual top. I don't like sponge applicators - it never seems to bring out enough product. And the wand is too short: when the bottle got a little empty I had a difficult time getting any product out.
I would buy this again in a different colour. 5 lippies because I can put up with the packaging at this price.

on 11/19/2008 9:18:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Bought in Shimmy Shimmer (599) for $1.99 at a Rite Aid.

Does very much what it sets out to do- make your lips all shiny and glittery. Comes in a straight tube with a not-so-hot applicator (never enough product on there for me!), and is a great size to toss in your bag and go.

The texture is gritty, which I find intriguing and fun. I don't find it uncomfortable or rough. Lots of glitter for your buck, and it has a delightful fruit scent (more Kool-Aid than actual fruit, though!). I will wear it on its own and over a dark lipstick, where it's more noticeable.

on 7/12/2008 3:47:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

I have Crushed Grapes, a sheer bright pink glitter gloss. I love the shine of lip gloss, but I hate how sticky they are. This isn't sticky or gritty, it moisturizes well, and has good staying power. It has a light berry smell, and slightly sweet taste. It looks great alone or on top of light pink lipstick.

on 8/15/2005 5:15:00 PM

This gloss is.. hmm. I have three, one in #599 (clear with all kinds of sparkles), 595 (clear with orangy sparkles) and one with no number on it but red/pinkish sparkles. These glosses are very glittery. It's basically water with glitter. You only get a really, reeeeally thin layer of gloss on your lips with this, and I prefer somewhat thicker gloss. It's gritty, but I can live with that. The bottles look super cute (I love glitter!!!) and overall.. I guess this gloss is a little below average with quality, but not *bad* or anything. I will reach for this, but not too often.

on 10/8/2004 11:04:00 AM

I bought this in Iced Blue, a sheer blue color with tons of sparkles. I thought it would be cheaper version of MAC's Lustreglass--that was a mistake. It has a very fake grape-berry smell and taste that isn't too bad, but the texture is sort of gritty, as other reviewers have said. The sparkles in the lip gloss are big sparkles (subtle this gloss is not), and some migrated to my cheeks throughout the evening. The gloss is not sticky, does not last long, and I did not find it to be moisturizing at all. To sum it up: this gloss looks cool when you first put it on, but you may find sparkles everywhere later. But hey, it was only $2 and Wet 'n Wild, so what do you expect? For the money, it could have been worse.

on 6/11/2004 12:43:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Wow...this stuff has to be the worst gloss I've ever tried. I bought it in #599 Shimmy-Shimmer, which is clear with iridescent sparkles. It was less than two bucks at Wal-Mart, and I'm glad I didn't pay much more for this piece of crap.

I don't mind the scent...it smells kind of like grape Kool-Aid. It is the feel of this gloss that totally turns my stomach...it isn't just gritty, it is GRITTY! It feels like I put sparkly rocks in Vaseline and smeared it on my lips. It is incredibly chunky. I wish there was a way to give this a no-lippie rating. I give this a huge thumbs-down...I am throwing this away, and I NEVER throw makeup away. continued >>