3.5

package quality

price range

Reviews

a year ago

I love the laneige skincare range because it provides pure hydration, and each of their products has a clean, fresh scent. It’s not cheap, but the prices are also not insane compared with some luxury skincare brands. This essence sinks into the skin nicely and doesn’t leave any residue, but I don’t think this is essential as long as you apply sunscreen daily. I didn’t see any significant changes to my skin, but it provided some nice hydration without being heavy or sticky. Skincare’s always tricky because everyone has different skin, so everyone will react to the same products differently. I don’t be repurchasing as this is my second bottle, and I haven’t seen anything revolutionary

About reviewer (168 reviews)

SkinNormal, Tan

HairBlack

2.0

a year ago

I've heard great things about this brand and I really like the gel moisturizer but unfortunately, this essence does not work for me. I have oily/combination skin in the summer and after using it for about a week, it hasn't really done much apart from clogging my pores.

About reviewer (3 reviews)

SkinCombination, Deep Dark, Neutral

HairBlack, Kinky, Coarse

EyesBlack

1.0

2 years ago

I'm quite disappointed with this product I expected alot because I know I can trust laneige but unfortunately I broke out with this product, kinda sad after 4hrs of applications I noticed that I was getting small bumps in my jaw and a few smaller ones in my cheeks and forehead. Thankfully I bought the sample size. Btw my skintype is oily acne prone. Hope this helps. ❤

About reviewer (1 reviews)

AgeUnder 18

SkinVery Oily, Fair-Medium

HairBrown

2 years ago

Pricey product and average efficacy.

About reviewer (1 reviews)

Age36-43

SkinCombination, Medium

HairBlack

EyesBlack

Pros: - Moisturising - Hygienic (pump) Cons: - Expensive

About reviewer (38 reviews)

SkinCombination, Olive, Warm

HairBlack, Straight, Fine

3 years ago

When I first started using this product it felt like a god-sent skincare miracle! My complexion got more radiant with consistent usage. Over the years my skin has transitioned to become sensitive and drier (esp towards my period days). This product begun to stop working - it just could not hydrate my skin enough and I think that there are some ingredients in this product that cause my skin to itch in small, random areas. If I was really unlucky, the itchy areas would turn red and bumps will form. BUMPS, not pimples. The sides of my nose would also sometimes itch and turn flaky and dry. I'm not too sure if it is my skin that is problematic; or if the product's capabilities have peaked. My friends still rave about this essence (and their skin is amaaaaazing)and it makes me still really hope that I can get the amazing results I used to get when I first began using this; however, so far to no avail. I still use whatever I have remaining from time to time and nothing's changed so far. :( If I could purchase this product again at a much lower price I would definitely cave in, give it another try and hope for the best! However, I doubt I would purchase it again at normal retail price once my current bottle finishes.

About reviewer (4 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium, Warm

HairBlack, Straight, Medium

1.0

4 years ago

This is one of the first skin care products I ever bought and I really wanted to like it. However, despite the fact that it felt like it gave my skin some hydration, this was one of the products that irritated my skin. It did not cause immediate breakouts but after using this in conjunction with their toner for an extended period of time, I started getting red areas on my nose and right cheek which were prone to getting these really small pimples. As soon as I switched back to my Olay, those red areas calmed down eventually albeit it took a long time. I still even have some product left but I have yet to use it after what happened from my skin.

About reviewer (7 reviews)

SkinDry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

HairBlack, Straight, Fine

4 years ago

This is a great hydrating product that is suitable for oily skin, I love Laneige skincare, their smell is light and pleasant, texture is watery and easily absorbed into the skin, value for money as 1 bottle can last around 3 months with everyday usage.

About reviewer (10 reviews)

Age30-35

SkinCombination, Fair

HairBrown

2.0
from

4 years ago

I have oily-combination skin (skin is oily especially around chin, cheeks and T-zone). I do not like this essence as it clogged my glands and caused me to develop nodules around my chin & cheeks, where i'm most oily. I stopped using this essence in my routine and sure enough the nodules slowly went away. I believe everyones skin reacts differently so it would be good to purchase a laneige trial kit online from any korean beauty website before committing to buy it. I would recommend this for people without sensitive skin and oily skin as it does leave a bit of a sticky feeling. I live in a hot and humid climate in tropical Singapore, so perhaps it will work for those in cooler drier climates!

About reviewer (6 reviews)

SkinOily, Fair-Medium, Cool

HairBrown, Straight, Medium

4 years ago

This is the first essence I've ever used, but basically to me this is like a serum. It makes your skin very soft, however it's not very moisturizing, so you'd definitely want another layer of moisturizer overtop of this. It smells very nice though, and the packaging is very pretty, however it's not great for travel as it is quite heavy and bulky. When this runs out, I'll likely try a different essence though.

About reviewer (6 reviews)

SkinDry, Medium