Annabelle SkinTrue Natural Lightweight Makeup

Annabelle SkinTrue Natural Lightweight Makeup
annabelle skintrue natural lightweight makeup

Aqua/Water, Cyclomethicone, C12-15 Alkyl Benzoate, Titanium Dioxide, Polymethyl Methacrylate, Aluminium Starch Octenylsuccinate, Polyglyceryl-4 Isostearate, Cetyl PEG/PPG-10/1 Dimethicone, Hexyl Laurate, Cera Alba, Glycerin, Polyethylene, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice, Tocopheryl Acetate, Ascorbyl Palmitate, Retinyl Palmitate, Butylene Glycol, Camellia Oleifera Leaf Extract, Chamomilla Recutita, Quaternium-18 Bentonite, Sodium Chloride, Xanthan Gum, Phenoxyethanol, Methylparaben, Ethylparaben, Buthylparaben, Propylparaben, Isobutylparaben. May contain: CI 77489, CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499, Talc, CI 77007

on 4/21/2016 8:06:00 PM

I decided to try out this foundation because when I tried it on my hand, it blended nicely and had a creamy texture (which I like). I've had the foundation on for a full day now and this is what I think about the product:

- Cruelty-free
- Inexpensive (I think it's less than $9 here in Canada)
- Truly lightweight and feels like I'm not wearing make up
- Doesn't look cakey
- Contains vitamins A-C-E
- Transfer resistant

- Enhances oils in your skin
- Very low coverage

Finally, if you're looking for an inexpensive foundation to just even out your skin tone, I would definitely recommend you try this product. However if you tend to be more oily and are looking for a medium to full coverage foundation, this isn't the product for you.

on 1/18/2016 4:58:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I have only been using this foundation for about a week and so far I love it. I recently needed to switch all my skin care and makeup to fragrance-free products and so I decided to give this a try. The consistancy is great, not too runny and not too thick, and the coverage is definitely lightweight but it's perfect for me. BB 's creams are just not quite enough coverage, and this is a bit more than most BB creams.
I use a brush or damp sponge to apply it, after my moisturizer/primer. Along with this I use an under eye concealer, and MAC's Skinfinish Mineralize Natural powder. If you are oily I would recommend using a mattifying primer with this foundation.
I like the tube packaging, no product is wasted. Others suggested it would be better with Spf, but I disagree, the main reason I love this foundation is so much is that it doesn't break me out, adding spf would cause breakouts for me so no thanks.

After 1 month of using it I'm still in love with this foundation. No breakouts! Yay!
Also I should mention my skin is pale with a neutral undertone I'm using the colour True Beige which matches perfect. I think this will be my HG foundation.

To Read all 84 Reviews, Login or Join

on 11/20/2015 6:12:00 PM

Disclaimer: I've been wearing M.A.C Studio Tech in NC15/NC 20 for a very long time: I'm totally devoted to it. But, and this is a huge but, I think I've found a product that might just compete for my loyalty: Annabelle Skin True Natural Lightweight Makeup (in Natural Ivory).

The formulation delivers natural looking coverage, covering my uneven skin tone and smattering of redness without looking chalky. It has a cool, soothing feeling on my skin, and no perfume or scent, which I also appreciate. And, to my surprise, the formulation completely matches my skin-tone: no yellow lines, no weird orange hues, no uneven streaks: just perfect coverage that makes my skin look amazing.

The coverage lasts for a solid 3-5 hours (Note: I do layer a thin brushing of M.A.C Mineralize SkinFinish Natural in "Light" over the foundation) without a touch-up, which is comparable in longevity to M.A.C Studio Tech. For the price point, considerably less than M.A.C Studio Tech, this product really works for me as a more affordable alternative. It's oil free, dermatologist tested, non-comedogenic...all the good stuff minus the more expensive price-point.

The packaging, which I admit is never that important to me, is a basic plastic tube: absolutely nothing fancy. But the formulation itself delivers like a fancy product, and I'm willing to bet this formulation is equal to any of the department store/Beauty Boutique/Murale brands in terms of quality, and consistency.

So: Would I buy this product again? Yes, absolutely. Sure, you'll still run into me at the M.A.C counter, forking over my dollars for my reliable Studio Tech, but Annabelle Skin True Natural Lightweight Foundation has unexpectedly got my rave reviews and I'll be picking up another tube as soon as this one runs out.

on 4/23/2015 1:24:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

I've been using this product for a little while, and it hasn't broken me out or irritated my skin. I actually use it to mix with other foundations (NYX's HD studio foundation in Sand Beige and Bourjois's healthy mix serum in #53).

I have the Medium Beige colour and decided to get it because it seemed like it had a neutral undertone, which I don't find in drugstores too often. I have light-medium olive skin with a green undertone, so it's really difficult for me to find a good drugstore foundation. Most foundations I've tried are too orange or yellow for my skin, but this foundation is a nice neutral tone that is a pretty true beige.

When I first applied it on its own, it left a chalky finish and had a light coverage that didn't do much for me. I used a stippling brush, which was a mistake for me. I ended up mixing it with two different foundations and applied it with a dense, flat top foundation brush which raised the coverage to a nice medium coverage. Sometimes I apply primers when I wear this foundation because I don't really like the light coverage. It just doesn't do much for my skin, though I have some breakouts right now.

The foundation is super lightweight and would be good to wear in the summer. So far, the staying power for this foundation is about 6 hours in sunny but colder weather. It does wear off after that, but still looks natural. I purchased this foundation with the intention of mixing it with foundations that had heavier coverage in order to thin them out. I would repurchase it for the same reason.

The price is decent. I got it for $8 CAD and am happy with the purchase. I'll keep hunting for a great foundation that matches my skin, but I'm happy that this foundation is lightweight and has a neutral undertone. I recommend swatching it first because the way it looks in the bottle was darker than what it actually looked like on my skin. Very decent for the price. I especially recommend this for people with neutral undertones and those without oily skin.

on 2/24/2015 10:25:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

After using this for a good 4ish months, I do believe this is one my favourite foundations!

Colour: I use the shade "Natural Ivory" which is an okay match for my fair, yellow toned skin. It is too dark for me (very rare for me to find a drugstore foundation match, so not complaining too much), so if you are the fairest of the fair, I don't think this will work for you. It has warm undertones but I feel like it could be a bit more yellow.

Coverage: I would consider this a buildable medium coverage foundation. I have a lot of redness in my skin and this does a good job of neutralizing it. Although this helps a bit with dark circles, I still find I need to use a concealer. It does a nice job of covering blemishes.

Finish and wear: This is kind of right in the middle - not dewy, not matte. Just natural. This has a really nice finish on my (currently) slightly dry winter skin, however it can cling to dry patches - so if your skin is dry, definitely moisturize before applying. And if you have sensitive skin like me that doesn't like scrubs, you can remove flaky patches by wetting a soft washcloth with tepid water and gently rubbing your face with it. I have no problems with it rubbing off or seperating on my face and it lasts all day. That could change in the summer though.

Application: I find the best way to apply this is with a damp sponge. I use the Real Techniques one, which I love. Fingers or brush work too, but sponge gives me the best results.

Price and availablity: This was under $10, maybe $8? at Walmart in Ontario, Canada. I love that I can buy it locally. You can get it at Shoppers as well but it will be more expensive.

Sensitivity, breakouts and ingredients: This didn't cause any breakouts or irritation in my skin! Huge relief. My skin is super sensitive. This is fragrance free and from my limited knowledge doesn't contain any other ingredients known to commonly irritate skin. In the ingredients list, there is a lovely mix of antioxidants. Whether it contains enough to make any difference to your skin or not, I don't know, but it certainly can't hurt! I store it away from light to protect them just in case.

Overall, I reeeally like this foundation. If it came in a lighter shade, it would probably be my HG. It's still the best foundation I've found so far though, and you can't beat the price! Also, Annabelle does not test on animals (a requirement!) :)

on 2/15/2015 2:39:00 AM

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I have been looking for an acceptable drugstore foundation for quite awhile. It's difficult with so many products to choose from. I have tried several foundations from the drugstore and have found them to be either too heavy or having very short wear time. Im a teenage girl with very clear skin minus the odd pimple every now and then. However I wanted a foundation to help colour correct redness and other minimal flaws. I have found too many foundations to be mask like and have caked up and clogged up my skin. While walking through my local target, I eyed the annabelle display and decided to check it out. I have bought products from annabelle before and am generally very pleased with the quality of their products. This foundation is thick, but does not very heavy and has a medium coverage (which is buildable!). It also colour matches beautifully to my NW 20 skin and does not accentuate dry areas. I get a natural look with a slight dewy finish and I love it for an everyday school look! Best of all it is under $10 so I don't have to splurge $50 at Sephora any more. Overall I am very pleased and will fix my rating if I find any problems with it.

I LOVED this foundation! Ive tried so many different types and brands of foundation but this is one that I always go back to. The only reason I don't/can't really use it that much is because I live in the United States. My aunt used to send this to me but she no longer lives in Canada so I've run out completely. It is medium coverage but its buildable, it is very gentle and does not agitate breakout prone skin, with a good consistency and a regular foundation smell. For me it covers everything I need and it looks really good on too. I remember going to sephora to find a new foundation while wearing skin true and the lady swatching me told me that the foundation I already had on was really good and asked me why I was looking for a new one. I told her how I live in the wrong country, but I am seriously considering ordering it online, even if the shipping and taxes will cost more than the product itself. I am a bit iffy because I see they changed the packaging and read reviews on how they changed to formula too, so for now I'm only going to order one online, but from my past experience this product is the only drugstore foundation that is better than most high end foundations.

on 6/22/2014 11:06:00 PM

This is the only foundation ive been using for about 2 years.
I really hate the heavy feel of makeup and this one is truly lightweight.
It gives a medium coverage and blends well.

I usually use this with almays luminous primer and hard candys glamoflage concealer.

Its a great price which is usually around 11$ at Shoppers drugmart and it lasts me quite a while.

on 12/28/2013 8:49:00 PM

This foundation (is it an actual foundation? or more of a tinted moisturizer?) is actually quite sheer, and doesn't cover things like freckles, but does a fairly good job of covering redness. I have the lightest shade (i think) and it is a bit yellow, but then again I'm quite pale with pink undertones, rather than yellow. However it won't make you look like a lemon. It's not THAT bad! xD

The problems I have with this product is that is catches all those little fuzzy hairs on your face. And, it cakes around dry areas, like on the sides of your nose (that is, if the sides of your nose are dry. mine are.) And also, if you were to run your hand along your face, it like, cakes and rolls into little bits and pieces! So it looks chunky then.

It dries really matte, and is quite soft when you touch it, almost powdery. However, until it reaches that powder stage, it's sticky as heck to apply. It basically pulls my face as I'm applying it with my brush.

The packaging is fine, too!

I believe I got this for about $7.50 (on sale) which seems like a fair price.

Overall, it's an OK product if you don't want to pay much. I don't love it, but I don't hate it either. Because of the colour and dry-spot issues, I wouldn't repurchase.

If any of you are like me and are CRUELTY-FREE (AKA: boycotting all companies that test on animals) this is a good pick, because Annabelle (affiliated with Marcelle) does not test on animals. :D Hurrah!

I have been using this foundation for several months actually. . I get break outs on and off terribly.. Not until now did i notice when I wear my foundation every day for a few days thats when I break out.

If i dont use it then I dont break out.. Easy as that. I love the coverage this foundation gives. However have any of you looked at what is actually inside this product? It is disgusting. I decided today to take a look to see if maybe my skin is reacting to something in the makeup. After reading what this bottle of makeup is made of it has turned me off from ever touching Annabelle products again..

Talc (Similiar to asbestos), Parabens ( Several different types ), Sodium Lauryl Sulfate ( Used in floor cleaners...), Mineral Oil ( Used to produce gasoline), Phthalates (Used as a plastic softener for toys), Propyln Gylcol (Used in anti freeze), Polymethyl Methacrylate ( Arcrylic Glass)..

These are just a FEW ingredients listed in this foundation... Just wanted to share with you all.