Annabelle SkinTrue Natural Lightweight Makeup

Annabelle SkinTrue Natural Lightweight Makeup
annabelle skintrue natural lightweight makeup

3.4

Aqua/Water, Cyclomethicone, C12-15 Alkyl Benzoate, Titanium Dioxide, Polymethyl Methacrylate, Aluminium Starch Octenylsuccinate, Polyglyceryl-4 Isostearate, Cetyl PEG/PPG-10/1 Dimethicone, Hexyl Laurate, Cera Alba, Glycerin, Polyethylene, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice, Tocopheryl Acetate, Ascorbyl Palmitate, Retinyl Palmitate, Butylene Glycol, Camellia Oleifera Leaf Extract, Chamomilla Recutita, Quaternium-18 Bentonite, Sodium Chloride, Xanthan Gum, Phenoxyethanol, Methylparaben, Ethylparaben, Buthylparaben, Propylparaben, Isobutylparaben. May contain: CI 77489, CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499, Talc, CI 77007

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

This is the first foundation I ever used and I didn't realise how great it was until I tried another one. It didn't stand out in any way because it was working. It covers acne well, didn't seem to worsen it, blends right in, matched my skin tone perfectly, no smell, looks fairly matte, creamy. There's literally nothing to complain about.

I LOVED this product. This foundation does not break me out and gives a medium coverage that fits my skin perfectly. I have a lot of blemishes and acne scars, and this foundation definitely evens out my skin! I've tried the shade "true beige" and "Sun beige", and both of them looks very very natural. I can't remember how many times my friends were surprised that I was even wearing foundation! Every single one of them goes wide eyed and says they couldn't even tell because it looked so natural.

Now, let's talk about the ingredients. I really liked this product not only because it gives such a natural finished look while providing enough coverage, its also got so many yummy ingredients. Can we talk about how this foundation includes vitamin A, C, and E? It also includes green tea and chamomile. They are all well-known ingredients to help calm the skin!

Okay, now let's talk about the not so good :( Notice how my love for this product is specifically expressed in past tense? Well, it wasn't till I started doing this review that I realized this foundation contains a lot of different types of parabens, 5 to be specific! I guess I was really focusing on all the good ingredients and completely looked over the parabens at the end of the ingredients list. Now I will have to start looking for a new foundation that I can wear daily :(

Application:
I find that using makeup sponges (not beauty blenders) really gives me that natural look because it blends the foundation very well. I then proceed to set my makeup with powder, and typically I would say the foundation lasts for a good 5-6 hours. It will definitely last longer if you are not an oily mess like me :)

Conclusion
While I have loved this product very very much in the time that I have used it because it contains so many awesome ingredients, I have completely lover looked how many parabens are in this product. I really like the coverage and how naturally the color fits my skin, and I am on my 5th tube. But I definitely will be on the hunt for a new foundation because I just don't feel comfortable wearing this product every single day for long periods of time, specifically, for the rest of my life (I'm a girl who isn't afraid of commitments okay??).

But honestly, if you don't believe all that crap about how paraben may have adverse effects on health, and it doesn't bother you, I am not here to convince you otherwise! If paraben is not a concern for you, I would say definitely give this foundation a try! (I sure am contradictory aren't I..)

I posted some swatches and application photos on my blog! feel free to check it out at bombinate-kate.blogspot.ca

on 12/21/2016 2:17:00 AM

I have been using this foundation for 4 or so years. When I first bought it, I barely used it and applied it only on spots after I had applied concealer... about 2 years ago I started wearing it full face under translucent loose powder. I have very fair skin and it does a decent job at colour matching. However... a year ago it started to burn my eyes when I applied it to my face (not near my eyes). As soon as I start applying it to my cheeks, my eyes begin to burn. I was worried I might have had a bad batch so I went and bought another tube... same problem. It burns my eyes no matter where I apply it, but it doesn't eventually stop and doesn't seem to irritate my skin. This foundation is very drying (in a positive way) when you apply it to pimple scabs of freshly popped pimples, it draws the pimple out of the skin and causes the scabs to peel. I recently switched to Marcella liquid foundation but it caused breakouts so I went back to this one... great price, decent product, but I think I'm going to look for something new (even though I hate the idea to... dreaded reaction pimples...).

on 12/20/2016 7:55:00 PM

I bought the lightest shade, which is natural ivory and it doesn't completely fit my skin, it looks a bit pink but when I set it with powder, it looks perfect. It evens out my skintone but it also clings a little bit to my dry patches. It's super light weight and it has a natural finish inbetween matte and dewy. It's a perfect everyday foundation.

It has vitamines, chamomile, aloe vera extracts and green tea in it. It is oil free, paraben free, perfume free and cruelty free! It's also non comedogenic and it controls sebum.

In Canada, you get 40mL for around 10.50$.

on 4/21/2016 8:06:00 PM

I decided to try out this foundation because when I tried it on my hand, it blended nicely and had a creamy texture (which I like). I've had the foundation on for a full day now and this is what I think about the product:

Pros
- Cruelty-free
- Inexpensive (I think it's less than $9 here in Canada)
- Truly lightweight and feels like I'm not wearing make up
- Doesn't look cakey
- Contains vitamins A-C-E
- Transfer resistant

Cons
- Enhances oils in your skin
- Very low coverage

Finally, if you're looking for an inexpensive foundation to just even out your skin tone, I would definitely recommend you try this product. However if you tend to be more oily and are looking for a medium to full coverage foundation, this isn't the product for you.

on 1/18/2016 4:58:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I have only been using this foundation for about a week and so far I love it. I recently needed to switch all my skin care and makeup to fragrance-free products and so I decided to give this a try. The consistancy is great, not too runny and not too thick, and the coverage is definitely lightweight but it's perfect for me. BB 's creams are just not quite enough coverage, and this is a bit more than most BB creams.
I use a brush or damp sponge to apply it, after my moisturizer/primer. Along with this I use an under eye concealer, and MAC's Skinfinish Mineralize Natural powder. If you are oily I would recommend using a mattifying primer with this foundation.
I like the tube packaging, no product is wasted. Others suggested it would be better with Spf, but I disagree, the main reason I love this foundation is so much is that it doesn't break me out, adding spf would cause breakouts for me so no thanks.

UPDATE******
After 1 month of using it I'm still in love with this foundation. No breakouts! Yay!
Also I should mention my skin is pale with a neutral undertone I'm using the colour True Beige which matches perfect. I think this will be my HG foundation.

on 11/20/2015 6:12:00 PM

Disclaimer: I've been wearing M.A.C Studio Tech in NC15/NC 20 for a very long time: I'm totally devoted to it. But, and this is a huge but, I think I've found a product that might just compete for my loyalty: Annabelle Skin True Natural Lightweight Makeup (in Natural Ivory).

The formulation delivers natural looking coverage, covering my uneven skin tone and smattering of redness without looking chalky. It has a cool, soothing feeling on my skin, and no perfume or scent, which I also appreciate. And, to my surprise, the formulation completely matches my skin-tone: no yellow lines, no weird orange hues, no uneven streaks: just perfect coverage that makes my skin look amazing.

The coverage lasts for a solid 3-5 hours (Note: I do layer a thin brushing of M.A.C Mineralize SkinFinish Natural in "Light" over the foundation) without a touch-up, which is comparable in longevity to M.A.C Studio Tech. For the price point, considerably less than M.A.C Studio Tech, this product really works for me as a more affordable alternative. It's oil free, dermatologist tested, non-comedogenic...all the good stuff minus the more expensive price-point.

The packaging, which I admit is never that important to me, is a basic plastic tube: absolutely nothing fancy. But the formulation itself delivers like a fancy product, and I'm willing to bet this formulation is equal to any of the department store/Beauty Boutique/Murale brands in terms of quality, and consistency.

So: Would I buy this product again? Yes, absolutely. Sure, you'll still run into me at the M.A.C counter, forking over my dollars for my reliable Studio Tech, but Annabelle Skin True Natural Lightweight Foundation has unexpectedly got my rave reviews and I'll be picking up another tube as soon as this one runs out.

on 4/23/2015 1:24:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

I've been using this product for a little while, and it hasn't broken me out or irritated my skin. I actually use it to mix with other foundations (NYX's HD studio foundation in Sand Beige and Bourjois's healthy mix serum in #53).

I have the Medium Beige colour and decided to get it because it seemed like it had a neutral undertone, which I don't find in drugstores too often. I have light-medium olive skin with a green undertone, so it's really difficult for me to find a good drugstore foundation. Most foundations I've tried are too orange or yellow for my skin, but this foundation is a nice neutral tone that is a pretty true beige.

When I first applied it on its own, it left a chalky finish and had a light coverage that didn't do much for me. I used a stippling brush, which was a mistake for me. I ended up mixing it with two different foundations and applied it with a dense, flat top foundation brush which raised the coverage to a nice medium coverage. Sometimes I apply primers when I wear this foundation because I don't really like the light coverage. It just doesn't do much for my skin, though I have some breakouts right now.

The foundation is super lightweight and would be good to wear in the summer. So far, the staying power for this foundation is about 6 hours in sunny but colder weather. It does wear off after that, but still looks natural. I purchased this foundation with the intention of mixing it with foundations that had heavier coverage in order to thin them out. I would repurchase it for the same reason.

The price is decent. I got it for $8 CAD and am happy with the purchase. I'll keep hunting for a great foundation that matches my skin, but I'm happy that this foundation is lightweight and has a neutral undertone. I recommend swatching it first because the way it looks in the bottle was darker than what it actually looked like on my skin. Very decent for the price. I especially recommend this for people with neutral undertones and those without oily skin.

on 2/24/2015 10:25:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

After using this for a good 4ish months, I do believe this is one my favourite foundations!

Colour: I use the shade "Natural Ivory" which is an okay match for my fair, yellow toned skin. It is too dark for me (very rare for me to find a drugstore foundation match, so not complaining too much), so if you are the fairest of the fair, I don't think this will work for you. It has warm undertones but I feel like it could be a bit more yellow.

Coverage: I would consider this a buildable medium coverage foundation. I have a lot of redness in my skin and this does a good job of neutralizing it. Although this helps a bit with dark circles, I still find I need to use a concealer. It does a nice job of covering blemishes.

Finish and wear: This is kind of right in the middle - not dewy, not matte. Just natural. This has a really nice finish on my (currently) slightly dry winter skin, however it can cling to dry patches - so if your skin is dry, definitely moisturize before applying. And if you have sensitive skin like me that doesn't like scrubs, you can remove flaky patches by wetting a soft washcloth with tepid water and gently rubbing your face with it. I have no problems with it rubbing off or seperating on my face and it lasts all day. That could change in the summer though.

Application: I find the best way to apply this is with a damp sponge. I use the Real Techniques one, which I love. Fingers or brush work too, but sponge gives me the best results.

Price and availablity: This was under $10, maybe $8? at Walmart in Ontario, Canada. I love that I can buy it locally. You can get it at Shoppers as well but it will be more expensive.

Sensitivity, breakouts and ingredients: This didn't cause any breakouts or irritation in my skin! Huge relief. My skin is super sensitive. This is fragrance free and from my limited knowledge doesn't contain any other ingredients known to commonly irritate skin. In the ingredients list, there is a lovely mix of antioxidants. Whether it contains enough to make any difference to your skin or not, I don't know, but it certainly can't hurt! I store it away from light to protect them just in case.

Overall, I reeeally like this foundation. If it came in a lighter shade, it would probably be my HG. It's still the best foundation I've found so far though, and you can't beat the price! Also, Annabelle does not test on animals (a requirement!) :)

on 2/15/2015 2:39:00 AM

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I have been looking for an acceptable drugstore foundation for quite awhile. It's difficult with so many products to choose from. I have tried several foundations from the drugstore and have found them to be either too heavy or having very short wear time. Im a teenage girl with very clear skin minus the odd pimple every now and then. However I wanted a foundation to help colour correct redness and other minimal flaws. I have found too many foundations to be mask like and have caked up and clogged up my skin. While walking through my local target, I eyed the annabelle display and decided to check it out. I have bought products from annabelle before and am generally very pleased with the quality of their products. This foundation is thick, but does not very heavy and has a medium coverage (which is buildable!). It also colour matches beautifully to my NW 20 skin and does not accentuate dry areas. I get a natural look with a slight dewy finish and I love it for an everyday school look! Best of all it is under $10 so I don't have to splurge $50 at Sephora any more. Overall I am very pleased and will fix my rating if I find any problems with it.