MAC Cosmetics Felt Blue (Veluxe)

No Image

3.7

Skin: Oily, Dark, Not Sure

This ES has a amazing silky smooth matte texture, I don't think I've ever swatched a shadow softer than Felt blue, however there is a serious lack of staying power. Over a primer/base and applied wet its gone in about two hours or less! What a shame, its such a pretty wearable blue and I would have loved it had it actually lived up to the Mac es hype. I tried this for the first time on my lower lashline for a pop of color to they rest of the eye look I was wearing, and once I got to the door to leave the house for the day I checked my makeup Felt blue was nowhere to be found :( the second time I used it for a simple three es color look allover the lid paired with a black in the outer v, it didn't look too bad at the end of the day but the black had overpowered Felt blue and made it darker a deep blue, which was all right. I wouldn't repurchase again this will probably just sit in my traincase and look pretty or I'll Google different looks and experiment. Can`t recommend because there are DS shadows out there for half the price and better.

on 6/19/2008 1:16:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

This color is very matte, cool, and dark. It's a medium blue color with a bit of gray to it. It's way too dark to use on my light skin and far too cool for my coloring. The texture is nice though, very silky. However, the color is just too dark and matte for me.

on 10/22/2005 9:16:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

As other reviewers have noted, this is a pretty cornflower blue that goes on much lighter than it appears in the pan. It looks beautiful with blue eyes, particularly when paired with a peachy shadow on the lid. I use it as a liner, applied with a wet MAC 266 brush. My only complaint is that the texture isn't quite as smooth and silky as, say, my MAC Velvet Moss shadow. It's just slightly grittier. Other than that, though, it's perfect. Really perks up your eyes without calling too much attention to itself.

on 4/29/2005 2:40:00 PM

I adore this color! It's very bright in the pan, but goes on sheer and soft! If you're hoping for a bright blue, this one probably won't satisfy because of how sheer it goes on. You can build it up a little, but not much. I normally don't like mattes, but this one is exceptional. It's perfect for days that you want a subtle eye look. Awesome for blue eyes!

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure

I had to pack on a lot of Felt Blue to get it to appear like the lovely, velvety cornflower blue it appeared like in the pan. I found it a little difficult to blend (not usually a problem with me) and even over my eye shadow CURE-ALL Bare Canvas it still would appear a little grey and muddy. So to get the full effect of this seemingly gorgeous color, you have to be a little heavy handed, but it's very matte and can appear greyish... :/I'd repurchase but only because they haven't made a comparable alternative to this shade yet, and MAC is biotch. ;) continued >>

I was already familiar with this when purchased Holidazzle Coral Eyes. A very medium, nice pigmented, cornflower to medium true blue. It doesn't go on "gawdy" like some blues, although I can't wear with Silly Goose, which is one of the Spring Backstage looks. I use a neutral with it (Or maybe Electra which was also in that kit). I usually prefer some shimmer in my blue, but this doesn't need it!

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Felt Blue is one of my least favorite shades. While The texture is amazing, the matteness of the shade makes it a bit flat. I agree with the description below about this shade being "cornflower". In my palette this sits next to my two favorite blues, deep truth and contrast, and it basically goes unused.

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

This eyeshadow is a really nice true cornflower blue. Just like all of the Veluxe shadows it is very silky and glides on. My only complaint is that it's a little too grey for my hazel eyes and my warm but fair skintone. But overall it's a unique colour and I would probably buy again.

on 3/9/2004 8:39:00 PM

Beautiful color, just not on me. I am too fair for this.

on 1/12/2004 7:53:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

simply LOVE it!! felt blue look scary in the pan but when u apply it sheerly it goes on pale greyish with pretty blue-based color! amazing! i really like it and recs for all the MAC addicted out there! puuurfect for subtle not too dramatic smoky eye look.