The Body Shop Shimmer Cubes

The Body Shop Shimmer Cubes

3.6

Not tested on animals
The Body Shop is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

on 6/21/2016 5:56:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Cool

I have several of these little palettes but haven't enjoyed them nearly as much as I expected. The colors are really nice but the pigment is lacking, and the cubes aren't stuck. They jiggle around and are prone to breaking so they do not travel well. I definitely need a primer when I wear these.

on 2/14/2016 10:34:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

I have #30. This product will last forever. Wet application looks so much better than dry. This product creases.

To Read all 60 Reviews, Login or Join

on 12/7/2015 12:19:00 AM

Love these so cute and fun. I have palette 21 which has a dark pink, light pink, pearly white and a grey. They show up light I find. Actually I find the light pink shows more as a white and the dark pink shows more as a light pink. Maybe that could be remedied by using a primer first but Im too lazy to mess around with that crap. They are pigmented though and last pretty well all day on me. Anyway these are a fun treat...if youre into shimmery eyeshadows

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

they are very long lasting on my eyes but you need to put eye drops or your mac fix plus on your brush before you apply it. So if you want to do that every time you use these go ahead, but personally i dont

on 5/27/2012 2:42:00 AM

Not a big fan of these.. The colour is not intense at all, it hardly shows up.. It requires millions of layers to show and i just can't be bothered doing that when i have other eyeshadows that work much better.. Colour is pretty thou..

on 12/10/2011 6:10:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

Best eyeshimmer ever and the only one I use. They are so long-lasting, i only have to apply it once a day with a wet brush. My favourite is white sea-shell.
I have bought 2 boxes and they have lasted me 4+ years (and look how tiny they are!) When you divide the price per year, it's really a deal.
What i don't like is that the majority of shades are limited edition

Cons: they are NOT highly pigmented if you apply with a dry brush.

I added pictures.

on 4/6/2011 5:37:00 AM

it is so nice
1 the package is so convenient to carry with you
2 the shades are light and shimmering well
I am also applying with my fingertips for the best result and it works.also it is quite staying that does not getting into your eyes and it is really important

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

The colors of these things are beautiful! deffinately if used with a descent primer (my fave is Urban decay) I have the number 6 quad, my personal favourite color is a loverly coppery orange color, stunning for summer. I also recommend this particular quad if you are like me and like to accentuate your blue eyes :)

on 6/23/2010 3:45:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Fine

My mother got me a few of these and I'd have to say that they're very pigmented. Pigmentation is more on the shimmery side and not the colour side. If you love shimmery looks, this palette is perfect for you. Just too sparkly for me ):
Packaging is a bit of a hassle, I have to open TWICE as much boxes! It can get a little messy sometimes.

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

i have been eyeballing these ever since i remember seeing them in the body shop when i was very young. now i have pallettes 07

and 18

i am giving these cute little cubes a 4, because the colours are not as pigmented as i would like them to be, and i do get a bit of creasing. however, though the packaging is not good quality, i still really like how they are packaged. a couple of tips for those who hate the packaging: take the individual cubes out with their lids and have them loose in your make-up bag for the days when you are wearing just one, or are mixing with other shadows. 2nd tip which is what i did: take all the lids off and leave the cubes loose in the container. nothing happens, even when you carry them around like i have. but keep the lids in a drawer and when you only want to use one, get a lid and wipe it.

now onto the actual product, my favourites in 07 are the dark purple and bronze, and my favourites in the 18 are the grey, green and silver white. the grey in the 18 is a beautiful colour, as is the dark purple in the 07. though the quality is not the best, i haven't found the same colours anywhere. the grey is also really useful for mixing and the dark purple is good for using solo or in the crease. i am generally not a fan of pale eye make-up but have managed to get good use out of all 8 colours and i have been complimented.
overall, i think these are fun, cute and useful. maybe not the best, but definitely worth owning.
also: try not to drop these as someone previously mentioned!