Guerlain L'Instant de Guerlain

L'Instant de GuerlainNo Title

3.9

on 8/20/2017 12:56:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

This fragrance now has it's place in my wardrobe of greatest scents. Yes it has a sharp citrus aroma upon first spraying but it fades into a wonderful, lovely, classic beauty. I sprayed myself before bed last evening around 10 and this morning some 10 hours later it is still lovely. I think it is more on my clothes than my skin but it is still beautiful. I am not good at picking out individual notes in perfume but I do know when a fragrance is mixed well and this one is. The dry down is amazing. How do they make a scent so mysteriously unique with it's fading. I can smell the warm, delicious vanilla, but then pops in the beautiful floral again. The bottle is nothing special in my opinion but what is inside is what is most special any way. The liquid is a darker color and I have always found the darker the liquid, the longer the fragrance last on myself. I will be wearing this scent often.

on 8/8/2013 9:53:00 PM

This is a really pretty, powdery vanilla floral on me. Like others reviewing here it's easy on the nose & would not offend but I also didn't find that it stopped me in my tracks or that it was love at first sniff. On me it smelled similar to Frederic Malle lipstick rose EDP.

One of my all time favorites, this one is comforting and sexy all at once. Using it makes me feel happy, sophisticated, confident, and calmed down. Brings back good memories too :-) I love this, and I use it all the time. That being said, it's more of a cold weather fragrance, not that it can't be used in warm weather, it just strikes me as more of a cold weather fragrance. 90% of the time, I'm wearing either this or Dior J'adore. Also, I hate putting an age on fragrances but this is one of those that doesn't seem better suited for any particular age, absolutely anybody could pull this off. I'm not good with notes, so I'd describe this as soft, yet warm and sexy. It's great for those who love perfume, but don't like/can't wear anything too loud. But it's not boring by any means, I personally find it quite original and have yet to find anything like it.

on 2/24/2012 11:17:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

As other reviewers have said, the magnolia stands out strongly in the first half hour then as the basenotes kick in you can smell rose (even though none is listed) mixed in with warm honey. A very safe fragrance, will not disgust anyone but will not grab your man by the 'ehem' and make him crazy for you either.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

L'Instant (meaning "the moment") was created 2003 for Guerlain and it's a treasure of mine. Just looking at the bottle makes me smile, it's so luxurious and classic. The scent is oriental, feminine and floral. I recommend that you splurge and buy the Eau de parfume because it will last longer.

Top note: bergamot, mandarin.
Middle note: chinese magnolia, sambac jasmine, ylang-ylang, iris.
Base note: vanilla, benzoin, musk, amber.

The moment for this scent is evening, I think it's a bit too heavy for daytime although I wear it all day long : )

on 1/3/2010 4:12:00 PM

I stopped in at my local beauty discount store in search of my favorite fragrance, L'Instant Magic...the gentleman helping me said he had just 1 bottle left, and only $24! My heart dropped when I saw that it was L'Instant de Guerlain. He opened it anyway and sprayed some on my wrist. Hmmm, sharper, some similarities...I wore it around as I shopped and, like its sister "Magic", it developed into a new scent with time!
L'Instant is different than Magic in that it is less sweet, but they both share the delicious powdery essence. L'Instant is warmer and creamier, and reminds me of summer flowers, vs. Magic's more vanilla- sugar drydown. So I bought it!

Bottom line: I really liked "L'Instant" ALOT the longer I wore it. And after spritzing some on before I went to bed, the covers and my bathrobe smelled beautiful the next morning! A gentle powder + summer lilies fragrance. I think if I layer a little vanilla with it, I'll have a VERY close runner-up to my beloved L'Instant Magic. Even on its own, L'Instant will be a frequent go-to perfume for me. Soft and distinctive...yummy!

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Luxurious and Sexy

I really like this parfum. I got 8 samples of Guerlain parfums and so far this is my fav...admittedly I have tried about 3 others. This smells like a 'real' perfume. The way a perfume is meant to be. It's not too heady. I'm not feeling 100% and this is enjoyable, not overbearing.
Yesterday I wore a tiny bit of Shalimer on 1 wrist and L'Heure Bleue on the other (I know I'm crazy but it was about 5 in the arvo and I just couldn't resist trying them BOTH) and together, my already slight headache took a turn for the worse and suddenly I was nauseous! Don't get that with this (I have learnt my lesson). (those seem to have kick arse staying power. tried to scrub them off, they didn't budge)
I really like this

on 8/30/2008 3:58:00 PM

I wear this eau de parfum because it brings such beauty into my life. It simply makes me feel beautiful in a soft and feminine way. I adore it. Edit: Balls. My mother and grandmother both commented that just one squirt of this is very 'strong.' My grandmother (a drama queen to begin with) claims that this gave her a headache, which is odd, because nearly every perfume ever made does that to ME, but not this one, and I didn't overdo the application... Still love it, but won't be wearing it to work anymore and will save for evening use. It really is just an etherially beautiful fragrance which to me whispers "expensive, and in good taste."

on 8/30/2008 5:30:00 AM

The first time I sprayed this I thought it just wasn't going to be my cup of tea. But then, when the top notes started to fade away, I was left with a lovely fresh, yet warm and soft floriental fragrance.
The amber was there but blended in with the magnolia and the citrus honey I disliked upon first spray.
Some here have compared it to other popular scents, but I personally haven't found anything like it so far.
I have worn L'Instant for three years now and I will definitely repurchase when I run out of it.

Popular Fragrances