Guerlain L'Instant de Guerlain

L'Instant de GuerlainNo Title

3.8

on 10/21/2017 5:47:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

There are two versions of this ..the eau de perfume and the eau de toilette ....I own the perfum ...but ......I wanted the eau de toilette as this is the one I had tried in department store and became obsessed by it ....I have the perfum version but alas I am not "feeling " it ..just a little bit too strong for me and I don't tend to spray lots ...so ...I am surfing the net for the toilette version and want a bargain with my birthday money ...I love love love it ....I will give 4 stars only because I love the lighter version the best ...others may prefer the heavier ...xx. It's just got a dreamy vanilla not sickly or cloying but amazing ...along with Alien absolue this is in my top 5 ... totally ...could be my second fave or equal lol ......

on 8/20/2017 12:56:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

This fragrance now has it's place in my wardrobe of greatest scents. Yes it has a sharp citrus aroma upon first spraying but it fades into a wonderful, lovely, classic beauty. I sprayed myself before bed last evening around 10 and this morning some 10 hours later it is still lovely. I think it is more on my clothes than my skin but it is still beautiful. I am not good at picking out individual notes in perfume but I do know when a fragrance is mixed well and this one is. The dry down is amazing. How do they make a scent so mysteriously unique with it's fading. I can smell the warm, delicious vanilla, but then pops in the beautiful floral again. The bottle is nothing special in my opinion but what is inside is what is most special any way. The liquid is a darker color and I have always found the darker the liquid, the longer the fragrance last on myself. I will be wearing this scent often.

If you like gourmand fragrances that are softly sweet and not cloying, and still manage to be sophisticated, then this one is worth checking out. I first became familiar with L'Instant in the form of the Secret Touch parfum gel, which is a delightful scent with a ridiculous name. It comes in a ceramic bottle shaped like a child's spinning top, and has a brush to apply the elixir. Gorgeous honeyed vanilla with a touch of musk. Starts out wonderful and morphs into a delicious skin scent. I then tried desperately to find the Guerlain L'Instant Magic elixir, which came in a fabulous black bottle, but this one has been sadly discontinued. So I settled on trying the L'Instant in edp form, and I am not disappointed. Beautifully feminine, slightly sweet, and lovely sillage. I definitely think this is a cool weather scent, one that goes with cashmere and nights by a fire. Lovely and perfect, like so many of the Guerlains are. They really do know their scents!

on 2/26/2017 3:36:00 PM

Review for EDP:
Warm, decadent, comforting. Deeply sensuous but also classy and somewhat restrained. I've been re-watching Desperate Housewives, and there was a scene in the first season where the impossibly lady-like Bree Van De Kamp was trying to seduce her husband. She wore an elegant pearl choker around her neck, and underneath her luxurious fur coat she had on an itsy-bitsy lacy scarlet bra and matching panties. If she had chosen a fragrance for that moment, L'Instant would've been the one.
It's a gorgeous powdery vanilla-honey scent with magnolia, very smooth, extremely feminine...a very fine, rounded blend, it's thick and dense yet composed...almost gourmand, but it's not. I detect a slightly raspy woodsiness in the drydown, what gives this scent a seductive feel...but there are no wood notes listed in its composition...strange. Sillage and longevity are both excellent. I love it, but it's not a scent I would wear daily, it's very refined-smelling and I'm a jeans and t-shirt kind of girl. Still, a very beautiful scent. If you want vanilla, honey, flowers and amber, try it.

on 5/12/2016 10:52:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool

Other than Insolence, this is my other favorite scent Guerlain has done in the last 15 years. I didn't like Idylle, and LPRN has been done to death. This is a beautiful amber scent, very powdery, slightly floral, very inviting. Love it!

Top Notes: Bergamot, Mandarin Orange, Red Apple.

Heart Notes: Iris, Jasmine, Ylang-Ylang, Magnolia.

Base Notes: Musk, Amber, Benzoin, Vanilla, Honey.

Upon initial application, I perceive a rather bright, sharp citrus note that must have been a combination of the mandarin orange and bergamot, but I was unable to pick out the apple note. L'Instant transitions to the heart notes pretty quickly. I highly anticipated the heart and base notes after reading other reviews of this fragrance, and once they arrived, I was not disappointed!

In the heart notes I perceive a quite green, fresh, strong magnolia note accompanied by a smidgen of jasmine, both of which seemed to float upon the most deliciously soft, lightly sweet honey note. I also detect a tiny bit of ylang-ylang which adds to the light sweetness of the honey note. The parfum really begins to blossom quite beautifully with the heart notes.

In the dry down, I am able to pick out a sensual amber, a slightly smokey vanilla, a rich, naturalistic honey, a tiny bit of musk, and still a remnant of the fresh, green magnolia. The base notes are warm and very nearly gourmand but not quite. Together the heart and base notes make L'Instant a true standout amongst fragrances that feature prominent magnolia and honey notes. This is the best, most naturalistic, warm and rich honey note I have encountered in a fragrace outside of Elie Saab's Le Parfum Intense EdP which is a gorgeous fragrance.

I truly love both the heart and base notes in this EdP. I do not understand how anyone could describe L'Instant as either cloyingly sweet or heavy in any way. I found it to be a quite LIGHT and inoffensive scent. It is quietly elegant and truly unobtrusive. Compared to some of my classic Guerlains such as L'Heure Bleue and Mitsouko, L'Instant is an extremely demure fragrance, and I cannot imagine it would offend anyone given how lightly and airily it wears on my skin. As for age appropriateness, I think any woman in her twenties and upward could easily wear this fragrance.

L'Instant is elegant, classy, and very FRENCH smelling. I like it very much, but I wish it were a tiny bit more assertive. Unless someone were standing within an arm's distance of the wearer, I do not think L'Instant could be detected.

Maurice Roucel has added a new "classic" to Guerlain's stable of classic fragrances. I think I would like to have the matching body lotion for this in order to give it a bit more oomph, though. This is so very feminine, soft, elegant, and ladylike. I think it would be suitable year round in virtually any setting.

Again, I would like to emphasise that it is NOT heavy, cloying, or overly sweet. The sweetness in it is very light and very naturalistic as opposed to synthetic. It does not have a sugary, candy sweetness to it at all. In short, it is simply gorgeous. I definitely recommend everyone give L'Instant EdP a test. It is back up bottle worthy and even signature worthy.

Fragrance: 8/10
Sillage: 6/10
Projection: 6/10
Longevity: 6/10

on 7/24/2014 8:31:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium Brown, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium

Beautiful, feminine, excellent scent. This is what perfume should smell like. The best part about it; it just keeps on changing throughout the day wowing you and by evening it's at it's best, teasing my nose. Excellent scent and this is the Edt version.

on 7/11/2014 5:39:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

L'Instant reminds of 24 Faubourg by Hermes in its golden plushness and symphonic synthetic-ness. It is a dense and almost syrupy combination of honeyed florals and vanilla which is interrupted by a faintly astringent Chinese magnolia accord. Not my kind of scent.

on 8/8/2013 9:53:00 PM

This is a really pretty, powdery vanilla floral on me. Like others reviewing here it's easy on the nose & would not offend but I also didn't find that it stopped me in my tracks or that it was love at first sniff. On me it smelled similar to Frederic Malle lipstick rose EDP.

on 3/20/2014 2:12:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

This is one of my all time favorite perfumes. It is so warm and romantic. Not overpowering at all. Just yummy and sexy. It's very hard to find. Thank goodness Sephora carries it online. It's expensive but worth it. It lasts and it comes in a simple but beautiful heavy glass bottle. I hope this is never discontinued.

Popular Fragrances