GUERLAIN L'Instant de Guerlain

3.6

on 7/24/2014 8:31:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium Brown, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium

Beautiful, feminine, excellent scent. This is what perfume should smell like. The best part about it; it just keeps on changing throughout the day wowing you and by evening it's at it's best, teasing my nose. Excellent scent and this is the Edt version.

on 4/2/2013 7:01:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure

I love Guerlain fragrances - that heavy, old-fashioned vanilla powder just does it for me. My most beloved is L'Heure Bleue. Unfortunately, my husband feels the opposite - he loathes the very same powdery note that I adore. So this scent is my compromise. It is very definitely Guerlain, with that trademark musky vanilla powder. But it's a lot more subtle. Guerlain-lite, if you will. I am not overly keen on the initial fragrance, which has a fresh, watery, shampoo-like note. But that fades within minutes to a beautiful, soft, slightly floral powdery honey - and let's face it, it's the drydown you live with for most of the day, so I'm happy with that. Nobody has ever commented on this fragrance and that's because it's not in-your-face, I think - but it's warm, comforting and pretty. A great everyday Guerlain fix.

on 1/12/2013 3:47:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

I have many perfumes, this is the only one my husband actually likes.... Luckily I buy and wear them for my self but this one I can wear for both of us:)
I usually don't like vanilla/honey/gourmand type perfumes but this is not cloying or sickly sweet.
This is love in a bottle for me. It is a warm cloud of calm and serenity. It is also totally different to any other frag I have come across.
Though I do concur with others that this is best used with discretion. It is strong in the EDP and the sillage is quite powerful.Also be careful in hot weather. Yesterday I was wearing this and the temp was nudging 40*C (hot!!!) and it was too much.
BTW the atomizer/spray is the best I have used.

on 1/12/2013 1:05:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

There's something special about this fragrance that can't be captured in words. Not for the faint hearted, it's strong, sexy and very feminine. I truly love it in winter but it's too overpowering for summer.

on 12/28/2010 10:52:00 AM

I only discovered L'Instant de Guerlain earlier this year, but now I wear it all the time - it's my new favourite scent.

One reviewer on here described it as smelling like rice pudding and roses, and I'm with her on that.

I do think the packaging is surprisingly plain for such a pretty and feminine fragrance, but no matter: it's the scent that counts, and this really does smell divine.

on 2/21/2010 3:29:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure

I got this perfume in a set. It came with a candle! I must say, I fell in love with this fragance. My husband loves it on me. lol. I save it for special occasion ( special date with the hubster...) I feel so womanly with this fragrance!

Hair: Red, Curly, Coarse

I bought this as part of my continuting search for a new signature fragrance (Boucheron's Initial is discontinued.) I do like it. It is warm, spicy, and floral at the same time.

If I had to describe it to someone who is unfamiliar with perfume lingo, I would say it smells like rice pudding and roses.

I do notice that when I wear it, people tend to stop and talk to me a bit more than ususal. I am not sure if that is a coincedence or if it has something to to with the fragrance.

I would buy this again.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

My second Guerlain. Long-lasting and reminiscent of perfumed bath oil. I adore this rich "chrystalline amber" as the perfume house classifies it.

on 5/25/2008 5:54:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

Disappointing. Flowery, with a modern touch - but nothing in comparison to the great classics like Mitsouko, Shalimar and Chamade. Not unpleasant, but not apt for being a new favourite.

(EDP) I am not terribly keen on very many of the recent launches by the house of Guerlain. L'Instant is no exception. After test-driving it on a handful of occasions, I have recently concluded that L'Instant is *meh* for me, at best. I can't make myself get past the citrus-y edge, and at any stage it doesn't even begin to have that indefinable *something* that makes me want to purchase it and wear it. I will keep my eye open for new Aqua Allegorias, though. No Sale for L'Instant, for me.
ETA: L'Instant comes in either a purplish bottle or a pinkish bottle. The purplish bottle is the EDP and the pinkish bottle is the EDT.

Popular Fragrances