Clinique Acne Solutions Line (all products)

Clinique Acne Solutions Line (all products)
Acne Solutions Line (all products)

3.0

on 8/27/2016 6:36:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm

Hair: Black, Straight, Other

BEWARE IF YOU HAVE ECZEMA

I bought this based on good reviews on Macy's years ago. I got the sample kit and I'm glad I did. Let's start off with the foaming cleanser. It's too mild and doesn't do anything in terms of cleaning your skin. After two pumps of this and a minute of rubbing, my face still felt dirty and grimy. The toner seems like an additional product that didn't really do much either.

The lotion was extremely drying, my eczema ALWAYS flared on my face every time I used the 3 step clinique line, the lotion being the main perpetrator. I've only had eczema on my arms and legs, never my face. It made my eyes puffy, my face red and itchy. I even had to go to the doctor to be treated.

Overall, it did not work for me when I brought this as a teen. Don't think I'll try it again either.

on 7/29/2016 4:26:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

This is actually just for the All Over Clearing Treatment, step 3. I am 46 with very oily skin (still!) and adult acne that tends towards the cystic variety, along with the occasional whitehead. I have tried Clearasil, Proactiv, dupes, you name it and nothing worked as well as this does. Since anything with salcylic acid just makes my skin worse, I have a devil of a time finding a good product to keep it all at bay. This is it. It's very mild so I don't get the drying effects most benzoyl peroxide products give, I just use a light moisturizer on top. My cystic acne is now rare, and when one does flame up, this gets rid of it quickly. It's a little pricey at $22 per small tube, but for me, totally worth it. It's definitely an HG product for me.

on 7/26/2016 12:07:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

So I JUST purchased this stuff last week. I thoroughly agree with the reviews saying that the cleanser is useless. This is 100 percent correct. I do not feel clean at all after I use it. However, the other two products in this set seem to work really well for my skin. It really is cleared up fast. I don't have severe acne or anything like that so I'm not sure how it would work for someone with it. My only complaint is it dries out my skin. A lot.

on 3/23/2016 11:27:00 AM

First, I don't know why people are complaining about the price I've had peels more expensive than a handful of these items. I guess if you care about your skin you don't see the price you see the possibility for clear skin. This is my 7th or 8th acne three step system in 2 years and I have seen a significant change in my skin. Currently from the Acne solutions line I use the foundation, three step system, the clearing gel, clay mask and face powder. I use my Clarisonic with with foaming wash and then the toner, If I'm going to wear make up I don't apply the clarifying gel or the lotion (step 3.) I honestly feel like I've finally found the product that is going to help me clear my skin. Compared to Ole Henriksen which I used religiously for three months the Clinique price is a steal.

on 3/3/2016 10:32:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Not Sure

Ive had pretty bad cystic acne and this is definitely helping to keep it at bay. I went from having new pimples every day to maybe one or two during that time of the month. These products also bring any existing pimples to a head VERY quickly. Im trying to break out of the habit of popping pimples even if it means walking around with a nasty looking white head until it pops on it's own.. thats the only way to avoid scars and/or infection! Just don't touch your face. I took away one star because its slightly drying, but, sometimes scars literally just flake up and peel off which is good. I love clinique! I can actually go out of the house w/o makeup and feel somewhat comfortable now. I am using the clinique even better tone correcting moisturizer to help with scars.. so far, so good. Get a good moisturizer and you should be fine. I swear by clinique now, even though its so expensive!

on 7/14/2015 10:08:00 PM

I used to use Clinque for my acne - but it didnt work that well, it was harsh on my skin and WAY too expensive! I have combination/oily skin and after meeting with multiple dermatologists, I settled on the Citrus Clears products and they are the only thing gentle enough for my super sensitive skin. The Citrus Clear Moisturizer moisturizer is absolutely fabulous!

on 4/28/2015 3:34:00 PM

I bought this after a bad breakout. Inside the kit there is a cleansing foam, a clarifying lotion and a all-over cleansing treatment.

Cleansing foam: this was step 1. I love the idea of the foam as a cleanser but this one was just not good. Basically, it did not do anything for my skin.

Clarifying lotion: this was step 2: This was alright. It's a pretty basic toner but it did what it was supposed to do.

All-over cleansing treatment: step 3. Best product by far and the only one that made more than a small difference. However, don't forget to moisturize after because it is very drying!

Overall, this was an okay acne kit. My skin got slightly better with it. However, I felt like 1 product was really working. I would not buy again as it is too expensive for the results.

on 1/24/2015 6:56:00 AM

I am fully converted to Clinique after this! I used the blemish solutions wash, clarifying lotion and moisturiser.

You can see the photo I posted of my face, my severe acne is just scars now. I'm amazed. I went without makeup all day for the first time in years yesterday.

I had previously tried the anti blemish foundation years and years ago but it made my skin horrendous. I believe that I was not given the proper information on how to fix my skin before covering up.

I went to clinique 3 weeks ago and was practically forced this 3 step system upon me. I was annoyed but I'm so pleased I might go back and hug this salesperson!!

She said not to worry about buying foundations that day because my skin colour will change. She was right, I have no matching foundations out of a massive array (I'm a makeup artist so I thought I was well stocked!!). She also said worry less about covering and use this 3 step twice a day religiously.

I was initially put off due to the dryness. I've always been shiny and oily so the dryness was a concern, my fingers were peeling. I switched to once a day (before bed) and everything was fine. I was the perfect balance. Not oily not dry.

I used Kaeso moisturiser for sensitive skin in the mornings with no other products.

I imagine my skin may have cleared even faster if using twice a day but personally could not handle the dryness.

In 1 week of twice a day use and two weeks of once a day use, I don't have a single active spot. I haven't had skin this clear for over 10 years!!!

I've still got the acne scars I've always had but if I wanted to cover them, they are now flat and quite faded.

Buy this product if you have hormonal adult acne. Mine was located around my mouth and chin but nowhere else affected.

Good luck!! I hope you can all become as happy and confident without makeup as I am now!

on 8/28/2014 10:39:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

I've got pretty bad acne. I've used this product for a few years, and I don't really know why. The step 1 cleansing bar always does a good job taking off my makeup with 2 washes, and the step 2 takes off a good layer of dry skin. I feel the third step dries me out really badly. Every time I walk to the Clinique counter they ask me if I've tried the acne solutions line and I tell them I've used it for a few years.. That should have been a sign for me. I've finally started working with my doctor on my skin so hopefully will see some real results!

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

Even at the age of 30 I'm still struggling with acne. For years I've been trying to find gentle and effective treatments for the hormonal cystic breakouts I get every month. My skin responds well to benzoyl peroxide but most of the creams on the market containing it are much to harsh for me. Enter Cliniques Acne Solutions line. I've been using the foaming cleanser, clarifying solution, and all over treatment for about a month now and have seen a dramatic improvement. The foaming cleanser doesn't effectively remove makeup so a separate makeup remover/cleanser is necassary. The toner is probably my favorite product in the line. It leaves my skin clean and smooth with a matte finish. It doesn't irritate my skin or make it too dry. The all over treatment claims to be lightly hydrating and I find it great for day time wear but I still use a more moisturizing cream at night. I haven't had any issues with drying or irritation and my skin is much clearer. There seem to be so many negative reviews for these products, but my experience has been nothing but positive. I will absolutely buy this line again!

Popular Face Skincare Products