Burt's Bees Rosewater & Glycerin Toner

Burt's Bees Rosewater & Glycerin Toner

3.9

Not tested on animals
Burt's Bees is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

rosa damascena (rose) flower water, alcohol denat., glycerin, centaurea cyanus (cornflower) flower extract, aloe barbadensis leaf extract, hamamelis virginiana (witch hazel) leaf extract, yucca schidigera leaf extract

on 3/22/2016 7:50:00 PM

I love this toner. This is the first toner Ive ever come across to make a significant difference in my skin...normally I feel like "whats the point" at best. Usually I use Aveeno products for my face but their Positively Radiant toner broke me out-for whatever reason, and the Neutrogena alcohol free toner felt drying and harsh-for whatever reason. I used to use Paulas Choice toners but they were expensive and I hate ordering products online. I was scared to use this because it DOES contain alcohol...I really expected it to burn or cause my skin to react...but I actually find it very gentle-and my skin is somewhat sensitive. I feel like I shouldn't like it because of the alcohol-but I cant help it I love it. It improved my skin overnight. My skin is combo and my chin is prone to blemishes, clogged pores, oil, shine, redness-you name it-this helps unclog my pores and shrinks blemishes AND helps with redness. Its SLIGHTLY drying but less so than the alcohol free toners Ive tried. It has rosewater, glycerin, aloe, and witch hazel. To be honest Id prefer to use Thayers rosewater but I cant find it anywhere in my area....so for now, Im going to keep using this....because it makes my skin look and feel amazing.

I have recently found myself loving rosewater as both a hydrating pre-primer and foundation step as well as a setting and/or refreshing spray. The packaging on this is not set up for that use but I purchased a few inexpensive travel size spray bottles which I transfer some of the rosewater into, leaving one at home and one in my purse for use during the day when I'm at work or out. There is a definite scent to this so if you do not like the faint bouquet of roses then you might not want to buy this. This lasts so much longer if you mist your face with it then applying it with a cotton round which just soaks up a ton of the product unnecessarily.

The formula is quite gentle and while it may not "cure" acne it has enough healing an healthy properties that I've noticed some subtle differences in my skin since using it. I have oily/combo skin and am finding the my skin is not nearly as oily as it once was. It is well hydrated and perhaps that's why there is less oil production when I use this. If I have over-powdered a quick mist of this takes away the cakey look and refreshes my makeup. One of the best uses for this is if your skin is feeling irritated, raw, inflamed from sun, heat, micro exfoliation, bad mix of products, this will calm your skin considerably.

I've taken off one lippie for the packaging (prefer a spray nozzle dispenser) and the price. It's not expensive but I feel like it could be a little more economical. Points for being cruelty free though.

To Read all 87 Reviews, Login or Join

I just absolutely love putting this on my skin! It smells amazing and my skin feels so refresh and hydrated. It only has a couple of ingredients so you dont have to worry about having a reaction to it. I normally have mild acne due to stress and hormones but this didn't really do much to reduce it but I would repurchase it just to give my skin a nice break from all the harsh products I use for my acne.

on 2/8/2015 12:47:00 PM

This toner smells nice, it's gentle, and it doesn't irritate or dry out my sensitive skin. The price seems a little steep but it's actually not bad when you consider a bottle lasts a few months (at least it did for me, with use once or twice daily). When I started running low, I immediately went out and bought a new one. I think I'll stick with it for a while.

on 12/26/2014 8:39:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

This is the first toner that I have ever used so I have nothing to compare it to. It doesn't dry me out even though it has alchol and makes me feel cleaner. I can't say that I have noticed any difference in my skin, maybe a little less oily, but I will never stop using it because it SMELLS AMAZING.

on 11/3/2014 6:49:00 PM

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

This stuff is awesome. Try it. That is all.

on 7/27/2014 7:00:00 PM

I just purchased this recently and I have never used a toner before. My skin is pretty clear, here and there I may have a breakout but lately I have been having texture issues. Just have patches of bumps on my face which I believe is from clogged pores. After three uses I have noticed that these bumps have been getting smaller and hopefully eventually going away. I can also notice around my nose that my pores are looking tighter and smaller. All in all it is benefiting me greatly.

on 7/4/2014 7:31:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

I love this product! After only one use my pores have tightened, and my skin tone has evened out more. The rose water scent is a amazing. The only thing I would change is the packaging, since it`s hard to control the amount of product that comes out.

on 3/18/2014 8:20:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Other, Wavy, Coarse

Some history: When I first did the OCM I felt moisturized and felt I didn't really need any toner, though after a week, small bumps did form. Some people recommended I use a diluted witch hazel/oil toner to get the excess oil off. For me, pure astringent oils (like tea tree) can be too strong. I also didn't like witch hazel and didn't have luck with any homemade concoctions using it. My mom uses this and I tried it a few times at her house. I had her buy it for me since I couldn't find it. Apparently some Whole Foods (if you even have one locally) and Dermstore are the only places we could find it. (Cheaper at Dermstore. They often have coupons and free shipping, just saying). Then after about 2 weeks of that regime, I couldn't take the bumps and quit the OCM but still use this.

Previously I thought when I use regular cleansers, I'm so dry that I can't use a toner, but I find this is slightly moisturizing and that it tightens up pores. I don't find it stripping at all. Part of me felt it's so gentle it didn't do much, but after using more than half the bottle, I switched my tune. I'm sensitive to everything and this doesn't create a problem for me (which is rare). As I said, I find the mixture is gentle yet effective and is a good addition to my gentle skin care routine.

My two biggest issues is how it's hard to find, as I mentioned, and I feel it runs out pretty quickly for some reason and that makes the price-per-use not that cheap. But I'm willing to pay for it because I find it works and is refreshing. I'm actually super glad I found it since so far it seems to be helping a lot. I've gone back and forth with it a lot but I will continue to buy it. I love it for after the gym or to make sure all my makeup is off at night.

on 2/5/2014 6:51:00 PM

I was hesitant to start using a toner because I had heard about all the harsh toners out there that burned peoples' faces. This toner has completely erased any reservations I had! It is a gentle toner that leaves my skin feeling clean and fresh. I have dry skin in the winter and this toner never burns and does not dry out my skin at all. I feel this toner has improved the overall condition of my skin (more even coloring of the skin, clearer skin that feels cleaner). I took off one lippie for packaging because I kind of wish it had a more controlled top. The top of this toner is completely open...I think it would be nice if it had a plastic covering with just one small hole so you could control exactly how much you want to use, like many other toners have. But overall, that is a small complaint of a wonderful product. The price is right and it makes my skin feel soo good. :)