Trish McEvoy Cream Powder Makeup

on 8/13/2008 9:50:00 AM

I started using this product 12 years ago; I loved it until she changed/discontinued many of the shades. Currently, the lightest shade she makes is still too dark for me (NW10). Hence, the one lip off and the "will not buy again". That said, I believe this is her best foundation product as it gives great coverage, does not show pores, does not get shiny and lasts a long time (value for your money along with lasting through the day). I have *heard* rumors that this may be discontinued due to her Even Skin compact foundation (which I think is God-awful). Hope not; I know many who have used this product since she first introduced it- which was from day one of her going into business.

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

This is the best foundation ever! The bad news is it is discontinued!

To Read all 38 Reviews, Login or Join

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

Great for dry skin in humid weather. I have extremely fair skin, and it's hard to match colors. Trish McEvoy makes shades light and subtle enough for fair skin. You can build this foundation in areas where you need more coverage. MUCH less pore highlighting than w/ any foundation I used so far--even when I apply SPF 70 sunblock. Use Trish's primer first and apply with a makeup brush for best results.

on 8/7/2007 8:34:00 PM

This foundation is definitely smooth, but a light coverage. I have a lot of freckles, and although this might even your skin tone overall, my blemishes and scars show through.

For everyday use, this is a good choice in comparison to the more full coverage foundation. I also like that it's a compact and easy to carry around. It applies well without a brush, and the sponge that they include works well with their product. It doesn't hurt that the casing is simple and stylish.

This is the only foundation that I can wear and it does not come off on your pillowcase. It evens skin out flawlessly. There is nothing else I will buy to replace it.

on 6/25/2006 8:44:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

I love this CTP make up because it looks more natural and less greasy than others I've tried. I've found the trick is to use your foundation brush because a sponge will pick too much up. I pat it in the front of my face where I need it the most and then sort of "drag" my brush to the outsides of my face so that there is no line of demarcation. I love having a foundation I can take with me, too in my little charger!

on 2/15/2006 9:33:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

Can I just say that this is the best foundation that I have ever used!!!!!! I have tried everything from Bobbie Brown, Chanel, Sheseido, laura Mercier, lancome ect...... This foundation has the best staying power!!! I also have a problem with it caking up on my chin and my nose, but this stuff doesnt do that!!!! I will definitely repurchase.............the price is a little high........ but isnt it worth it to have perfect skin!?!?!?!?

Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium

Not too thrilled with this product. At first I liked it but then I noticed that it was cakey. My 20 year old neice even told me that it didn't look good when I wore it...too thick. I think I will stick with the liquid foundations from now on.

on 12/22/2005 10:57:00 AM

I am pleasantly surprised. After reading the reviews, I thought I'd be giving up quality for the convenience of the planner. The MA taught me to use a foundation brush to apply this just around my nose and mouth, the only places that need coverage. My skin now looks flawless and gorgeous, and I couldn't be happier. Because I'm only using it where I get a touch oily anyway, it's actually wonderful that it isn't luminous, as I thought I wanted, and I won't be using it up very quickly that way either. I'd actually been lemming the new Chanel Vitalumiere compact, but when I tested that, it looked extremely cakey to me and not nearly as natural as the Trish.

on 6/20/2005 8:32:00 PM

I have been on a TM kick lately and have been happy with all of other products, so I was a bit taken back at how poorly this foundation performed. I tried the N2 which was a good color match. However it covered nothing, barely muting my redness and not even partially covering my multitude of flaws that include discoloration from healing zits, spider veins and a few freckles. It made my combination skin dry and powdery and lackluster and I actually looked much worse with it on then barefaced, which is saying something. I didn't use the sponge to apply as the SA warned it would be quickly gone that way. I tried applying it with a foundation brush and my finger and both were equally bed. I thought, I bet that Covergirl Aquasmooth would do a better job and I dug it up out of the drawer and low and behold it cover better and looked better then this stuff, so if you are in the market for a cream to powder foundation I recommend you check that out.

The foundation is as everyone else has noted is way overprice for small naked pan, but if it has been a great product I could have dealt. My normal foundation is Estee Lauder's Futurist, which I heartly recommend for gals looking for moderate to complete coverage.