MAC Impassioned (Amplified)

MAC Impassioned (Amplified)

4.6

I'm Happy to write a review about impassioned Lipstick. When you go to Mac store and try this Lipstick u might get scared oh it's bright and neon... But trust, it's such a good shade and it's in amplified cream finish. So it moisturises lips, plump looking and most opaque. Even who like putting natural looking lipstick, come out of comfort zone and try this, you will surely like it as it not only compliments, it also brightens up face. For Natural looking, just DAB the lipstick without just applying from tube strongly, it gives nice tint of colour which is natural looking and lovely. It is little similar to relentlessly red except the finish in my opinion. I recommend it strongly for everyone and I will buy again when my tube gets over.

Impassioned is a fun color to wear. It is bold and neon. At the same time it's wearable because it's too daring (like a deep deep vampy maroon color, purple, or a blue color you know?). I think this definitely looks like your perfect summer shade with a tan but I've worn it all year around. What I like about this color is that the coral shade compliments my golden undertone Indian skintone.

The one gripe I have with this lipstick is that it really clings onto the creases on my lips. If you layer too much, it can look bad or even caky. It's not that easy to reapply once it fades because it doesn't have an even application. So formula not so great. I think it has a satin sort of finish (although it's an amplified). I never got on so well with satin.

I still use this lipstick despite it's formula. I just make sure to exfoliate before hand and moisturize. If I need longevity, sometimes I layer a similar gloss over it. Sometimes I use a sheer your-lips-but-better orrr coral lip shade as a base although that tones that the neon factor (which sometimes I want).. I use NARS Rikugien for that.

Not sure if I would repurchase.... let's see. I love the color but the longevity and formula bugs me.

I got this as my first Back To MAC lipstick and absolutely love it! Impassioned is a great hybrid colour of pink, red, coral and even a bit of orange.

Some days it looks more blue-toned but have no fear, this is initially a great warm "pink" that looks fabulous on everyone.

The finish it has is Amplified, which basically means that it is very creamy, pigmented and opaque. This colour is bold and gorgeous.

If you want to add a unique pink/coral colour to your collection -this is your guy.

For swatches and more info on this and other MAC lipsticks I leave a blog review link below.
Hope it helps!

on 5/6/2015 3:25:00 PM

This is my first MAC amplified style lipstick and it is amazing! I love it way more than the cremesheen style. This color is beautiful. The lasting power is wonderful even after I eat and drink, the color tint will still be there. It goes on smoothly and it feels very creamy.

i love the color - coral pink that stands out. bright and almost neon.

problem is the formula - satin but not too pigmented.

for the price point, i expected better performance. mac lipsticks are just overhyped. im returning this.

on 1/13/2015 4:05:00 AM

Impassioned is just like a girl's best friend...

I find it really hard to find a bright pink lipstick or for that matter any bright or dark hued lip shade that doesn't look too harsh on me or wash me out - this is where my bestie comes in ..

I have fair skin - NC15 with a yellow under tone, slightly more fair in winter and in summer my face only gets a very slight tan. I have green eyes and blonde hair, I don't think my lips are overly pigmented so most bright or dark colours really show up. On me this lipstick is a bright neon pink - but manages to make me look very refreshed. I tend to wear this during the day with a natural eye look and a pink shade blush, this is a good one for all year around. Also looks great softened down with a lighter base colour lipstick underneath.

This lipstick due to the formula has really good lasting time on me, applies easily but does tend to feel a bit drying after its been on for a few hours - but not considerably. I find one layer of this is more than enough.

Will most certainly be a repurchase.

on 12/10/2014 2:27:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

This lipstick is EVERYTHING I wanted Girl About Town to be! I saw Girl About Town and thought it'd be a nice hot pink but it's actually a raspberry pink or a berry/fuchsia on me whereas this lipstick is a strawberry/watermelon pink, sort of coral toned fuchsia.

Both Impassioned and Girl About Town are the same depth of color but Impassioned is warm toned and Girl About Town is cool toned.

It'll look different but generally looks more pink on warm toned or olive skin and on cool toned skin it may look more coral/red. It also depends on your lip color but a blue toned pink lipliner can be used to tone out the extra coral and make it look more pink.

This can definitely work on a lot of skin tones I'm warm toned and it looks amazing on other warm toned people!
I'll have to swatch Girl About Town next to Impassioned so you can see what I'm talking about.

I'd say if you're more warm toned then this is the Girl About Town version for you without looking muddy, GAT does look a lot better with flash though.

The formula is one of my faves! Super pigmented yet creamy and dries to a kinda satin finish IMO and VERY long lasting. I never have to touch up amplified, matte or satin lipsticks.

on 11/8/2014 7:49:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

Perfect bright pink color for olive/indian skin tones. I was a little unsure about how it would look on me because I'm a little tanned too but it looks perfect. Since its an amplified finish the pink color goes on easily with just one layer.

on 10/8/2014 5:41:00 PM

This is my only mac lipstick and I am so impressed! The color is a beautiful bright almost neon pink and leans coral in some lights on me. The only things that bother me are the price ($16) and the way it dries my lips slightly throughout the day. It has a light vanilla scent and lasts about 6 hours (or until I eat). People at my school don't really wear makeup so I usually gets comments on the brightness of the color but I take it as a complement anyway.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

A unique BRIGHT pink lipstick (yes, emphasis on the bright) that has an almost neon finish.

I love the quality of MAC Amplified lipsticks because they rarely need a lip liner coating underneath them.

Coverage: A-
Longevity: B+
Finish: Creamy, but too much can look cakey, so B+

Looks great in photos! I always wear this in my pink-themed photoshoots for a fun look.

However, because of its neon-like colour, not an everyday lipstick.