Perricone Face Finishing Moisturizer

No Image

3.2

Aqua (Water), Ethylhexyl Palmitate, Glycerin, Aleurites Moluccana (Kukui Nut) Seed Oil, Cetearyl Alcohol, Polyacrylamide, Polysorbate 60, Glyceryl Stearate, PEG-100 Stearate, Dimethyl MEA (DMAE), C13-14 Isoparaffin, Citric Acid, PEG/PPG-18/18 Dimethicone, Dimethicone, Caprylyl Glycol, Phenoxyethanol, Tetrahexyldecyl Ascorbate (Vitamin C Ester), L-Tyrosine, Parfum (Fragrance), Laureth-7, Hexylene Glycol, Hydrolyzed Wheat Protein, Tocopheryl Acetate, Citronellol, Geraniol, Hydrolyzed Wheat Starch, Thioctic Acid (Alpha Lipoic Acid), Hydroxycitronellal, Butylphenyl Methylpropional, Benzyl Benzoate, Eugenol.

Update: WAAAAHHHHH!! This product made me breakout. I loved it at first. So lightweight and moisturizing for me. But I noticed after about a week of use that is caused me to breakout. Even little bumps on my browbone which I never get. And this was the only new product that I added so I know it was this. I wanted to love it but I guess my wallet will like me better for not shelling out the $68 to buy some more. Oh well.

I received this product as a sample. Mine does have the rose smell so I am very thankful of that. It's actually my favorite thing about it. I haven't noticed any of the stinging or burning that others have and that is probably due to the fact that I use a glycolic acid cleanser so my skin is used to it. It feels very lightweight to me and yet still moisturizing. I do have oily skin so I can understand how drier skin types may feel that this is not enough for them. I only use this at night and not under makeup so I can't attest to the pilling issues that has been noticed. I really do like this. I love that when I wake up, my face is not a grease slick like it can be with other moisturizers. I am hesitant to buy the full size of this because of the price tag but I may just bite the bullet and do it. I will have to finish up my sample and really look at my skin to see if I feel like it's worth it. I'm not going to buy it simply because I love the rose smell of it. I am sensitive to smells (prone to migraines) and I don't find it too heavy at all. But I can get something else that smells like roses or make my own rosewater for that matter. I'm surprised by the inconsistencies with the product, also. Some say theirs has a chemical smell, others say it has a fishy smell, and others like me, have one that smells the way it should. Ugh. So I'm on the fence about buying it. I will update if I do.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I'm currently looking for a new moisturiser. I've religiously used my Clinique dramatically different moisturiser for years now and I was looking for something different. I bought the 15mL version for $28AUD, but there is the 59mL which costs $110...In my opinion, thats a lot of money for a moisturiser.
Now, I have super sensitive, dry/dehydrated skin and this moisturiser claims that:

"The lightweight, rose scented formula helps to firm the skin's appearance and visibly minimise fine lines and wrinkles. Rich in antioxidants, this moisturiser helps to restore the appearance of youth and beauty, whilst providing intense hydrating to dull skin."

Maybe I got the wrong batch, but the moisturiser I bought does not smell like roses. It has a strong chemically smell which even I was put off by. Don't get me wrong, the smell eventually goes away but if you are sensitive to fragrant products then this might not be for you.
However, I will say that this moisturiser is lightweight. In comparison to my Clinique one, this definitely absorbs into my face a lot quicker. I also do find that this moisturiser helps improve any dullness in my face. However, there are cons. When I first used this, my face was stinging. It went away after maybe 30 seconds(?) but it happened. So this might not be for people with super sensitive skin like me. Although, it didn't cause any redness or irritation as far as I can tell, and the more I used it (just so I can finish the product) the less it stung on my face. Additionally, this isn't the type of moisturiser I would use if you're like me and you like to layer skin care products. I found this moisturiser pilling/balling up around my face which really is not a pleasant feeling. Moreover, I wouldn't recommend this as a moisturiser to use before makeup because the same thing happened and my foundation and moisturiser would start pilling/balling up.

Honestly, I can't say I loved this product. There are more cons than I can find pros, and the price tag of this product really doesn't give it any justice as to why I should buy it again. If you are going to give this a shot, please try the 15mL version before spending over $100 on a moisturiser.

This is a perfectly fine moisturizer. Until you look at the price tag and realize that there are plenty of other choices out there that work just as well for a lot less.

I love this moisturizer so much that I bought the crazy expensive BIG jar of it. It doesn't clog my pores or break me out. I use Retin A so my skin is very dry, and this keeps it moisturized. I notice a big difference in my skin when I use it and when I don't. I do wish it came in a pump instead of a tub. I haven't really noticed an overwhelming smell, nothing that stood out. The consistency is very creamy but it spreads easily.

on 9/11/2016 6:03:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

Love this as a simple moisturiser. It does not leave my skin greasy or make me break out.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

I got 2 small jars of this with Sephora points and I really love it. Because it has no sunscreen (and especially in summer, I really dislike layering too much stuff on my face), I've been using this only at night. It is very moisturizing without being greasy or heavy, which makes it perfect for summer here, where it's hot and humid as a Bikram class! I layer this over my newest favourite serum, Vasanti Age is Just a Number, and my skin feels nicely hydrated. No irritation, redness or clogged pores. I didn't notice any unpleasant fish smell as the previous reviewer did and this certainly doesn't smell as off-putting as Sunday Riley's Good Genes! I don't know that there is anything "magical" in this moisturizer, though, but it is lightweight and my skin absorbs it nicely. Once cooler weather comes, I'm probably going to revert back to my beloved but somewhat richer Eucerin Q10, which costs about 1/5th as much as Face Finishing Moisturizer, which is close to $100 in Canada but I will purchase a full sized jar of this stuff when Sephora has their 20% off for VIBs in November.

I use this as a daytime moisturizer during the hot east coast summer. My skin is combo to normal during these months, not an oil slick but certainly not dry. I let this product sink in prior to putting on my make up and I have had zero issues with pilling or stinging. My skin feels hydrated and plump, my make up applies well over top. The smell is a bit strong, very botanical to me it smells like roses. I have been looking to try Perricone products as I have heard great things, but the fish smell in most of them makes me sick. This product does not have that smell. If you are sensitive to smells I would pass on this as it doesn't dissipate quickly (at least on me). It is quite pricy so get a sample as the reviews seem fairly mixed. I love it so I will be repurchasing but maybe not until next summer when I need something lighter again.

This product was a complete fail for me. I put this on bare skin after cleansing and did not put anything over it. My middle aged skin is normal to dry and not sensitive at all. So I was very surprised I had to wash this off after 45 minutes due to the stinging and burning sensation. Even if it didn't sting, I would want it off because of the powerful fishy smell. Finally, the product balled up /pilled on my skin rather than sink in. This was a deluxe sample but had I purchased this, I would be returning it.

on 3/21/2016 8:34:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

I have oily combo skin with some larger pores around the nose area.
This contains a small amount of glycolic acid. On some days I do experience a slight stingy sensation that lasts for a few moments. So people that haven't used glycolic acid before and that's ace sensitive skin just ease onto this or avoid it all together! The glycolic is a natural acid exfoliant which is fantastic for all skin types. The cream has a smooth creamy consistency. Very velvety and absorbs into the skin entirely within 5-10min. Some reviewers experienced balling up because they haven't let the cream sink in before applying makeup so let it sit and do its thing. This cream makes my skin feel tight in a pleasant way. Some people with dry skin may find this feeling not nice but it's all the ingredients tightening the pores and firming the skin. My pores are noticeably smaller and I don't have as much oil breakthrough throughout the day through my make up but still feel moisturised. My skin also feels smoother too. I haven't noticed any significant brightness from the vitamins C ingredients but I'm only on my first jar and skin care can take weeks to take affect. It's different feel to your traditional expectations of a moisturiser so get a sample if you can because I don't think all enjoy this.
This is a bit expensive but most mositurizers that have effective ingredients are. You get what you pay for. Jar packaging is pretty but perhaps unsanitary for some if you're worried about that. I use a clean Q tip to scoop out my cream. Very delicate rose scent which is not fragrance but an actual rose extract. Will be repurchasing.

on 5/18/2015 11:35:00 PM

I tried this product, and really wasn't that crazy for it. I feel like this would be more appropriate for an oily skin type. On my dry skin, I had to use ALOT to get my skin to feel moisturized. Otherwise if I didn't, I felt like I had to make crazy faces to get my skin to crack. Does that sound weird lol?? I went through this in about a month because of that. for the price I paid that just isn't ok.