Philosophy Save the Nails [DISCONTINUED]

No Image

4.6

ive literally had this for 3 years and dont use it often unless i need it, and i love it. put it on before bed and take off exess in morning! but its discontinued?! :(:(

Well this was a great product. Really moisturized and conditioned my nails so of course I think that they have discontinued this. Seems to happen everytime something works!

This product WAS the best I'd ever used on my cuticles! Kept a jar in my bathroom cabinet, in my desk at the office and even in my car! Would apply it anytime while I was on my way somewhere. Was an avid user for many years but to my astonishment it's been discontinued. I understand that they were unable to obtain a main ingredient so rather than produce without it and mess with the products integrity they discontimued. Before I used up the last of my product I frantically searched for something that would provide the same benefits as this salve - ease of use, the jar was nice, easy to open and apply, no twisting and clicking a pen to get product out and no bottle to spill when using oils that come packaged like nail polish. Save the nails even gave a nice healthy sheen to my nails when unpolished. I've since found a great replacement. Still not the same as STN but it'll have to do, and, I must say, it's working very well. Burt's Bees Lemon Butter Cuticle Creme. Very different scent than STN but provides the same moisturizing and softening effects...and at a much lower price I must say, only $5! But, if Philosophy ever brings back STN I'll be one of the first back in line to buy it!

on 1/6/2006 11:54:00 PM

I've used this product for years, this has to be one of the best cuticle salves I've ever tried. It made my nails look fantastic without going for a manicure. The one thing that disappoints me though is that philosophy seems to have discontinued the product. Why I don't know. This was a fantastic product.

on 8/25/2005 10:21:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral

Overall...not the best, not the worst. I can't quite get over the smell of this...A little too much for my good. The consistancy is a bit too thin and doesn't really STICK to my cuticles like I wish it would. I really prefer Creative Nails Solar Oil over this. It does do the trick, but i won't be buying this again.

on 8/15/2005 5:00:00 PM

I love this stuff!! It is very soothing and moisturizing for cuticles and I like the smell. It is very greasy so I don't usually use it during the day, but I put it on every night before bed. I use this with Nailtiques Nail Protein formula 2 and my nails and cuticles have never looked better!!

on 7/6/2005 12:14:00 PM

Since I've been using this salve my nails and cuticles look better than ever. (it adds a little shine to the nail)
I use this before I go to bed, and I have a jar standing on my desk so I can easily reach for it when needed.
It's really nourishing, but I can't say that my nails have started to grow faster from this.
Nevertheless a great product and nice packaging as well.

on 2/25/2005 12:43:00 AM

Great cuticle cream, smells sooo good. My nails look so much better since i've been using this product. I am so in love with it, I bought it for all of my friends.

WONDERFUL!!!!! I love the smell of this! It smells of Rosewood and Rosemary. I use this everynight before bed. In the morning when I take a shower I use my nail brush to remove the extra cuticle skin that the salve has loosened overnight. When I apply this at night I spend about 5-10 minutes massaging this into my cuticles and nails. I then apply Glysomed hand cream (I found this at walmart) my hands and nails have never looked better. Before my cuticles just look liked awful and my hands were starting to get dry. They look fabulous now! I saw results as soon as 3 days! The tips of nails have even went from clear to white! This jar of Save the nails is going to last me such a long time. I've used this for 3 weeks straight and I haven't even made a dent in it! So I think the price is great!
My DH noticed how great my nails and cuticles look and now I put it on his nails at night and WOW is all I have to say! His once rough and jagged cuticles look like he gets a manicure! I am thankful for that because he had an awful habit of chewing on his hangnails and cuticles.

I got this as a gift, so I can't complain about the price. The tub I have has lasted me a long long time, and seems like I won't use it up for a long time more. The smell is too strong for me for everyday use, but sometimes at night I put it on and it makes my nails look healthier all the next day. I always misjudge and put too much on my nails, so I wipe it off. I don't have a problem with dry cuticles, just peeling nails, so this works just as well but without the greasy mess.

Popular Treatments