Clinique Facial Soap for Oily Skin

Clinique Facial Soap for Oily Skin

3.2

Sodium palmate/cocoate or palm kernelate, water purified, sodium hexametaphosphate, menthol, glycerin, sodium chloride, talc, trisodium hedta, titanium dioxide, iron oxides, d&c yellow no. 10.

on 9/16/2017 11:04:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm

Probbbbaaablllyyy my favorite facial soap. The hesitancy is because I don't usually use soap (prefer face wash) and it is a little pricey (my boyfriend almost fainted when he saw me paying). That being said, it lasts FOREVER and does wonders for my oily skin. Like other reviewers, I find that it makes my skin tight... but I kind of like that. Also (confession) I sometimes use it on the rest of my body for a lovely fresh feeling :-) . I also really like the packaging.

on 8/21/2017 10:07:00 PM

Best face soap I have ever used. I love soap, always have. Have always been searching for the best bar for my combination/oily skin. This is it. I have been using this for over a year and whenever I try to veer away from it, I break-out and regret the change. I come back to it and my skin clears up and looks radiant and glowing. I always get compliments on my skin. I wish they didn't test on animals though...that is the only downside to this soap.

Clinique recommended the "For Oily Skin" formula of their bar soap for my combination skin (super oily t-zone) and though I was a little leery and leaning towards a gentler formula, I went with their advice. They're the experts, right? Maybe not so much.

The first couple of weeks were great - really, my skin never looked better. But then it started feeling really unpleasantly dry, like completely stripped of oil, and then I started getting multiple breakouts (I normally only get one pimple around the time I get my period). I had tried their mid-strength 'mild' formula of their liquid facial soap with excellent results in the past, so I should have gone with my gut and gotten that version here, too.

It's hard to know how to review this because on one hand, I feel like this could be a good product for those with super oily skin, but here you'll see reviewers with that very skin type who are seeing results like mine. I just figured since this is a product that has been around for as long as I can remember, it would have to be good. Lesson learned!

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I bought this to refill my dish I had of Clinique soap, it's a refill fits perf & i'd been having some issues w breaking out on my chin I use cleanse off oil (MAC) in the AM to make sure I have deep cleansed my skin, then this bar of soap, liquid facial oily soap, Clinique toner (the alcohol free or the #1 are my faves) then dramatically different moisturizing gel. Then at night I remove my MU w a Magic Eraser cloth, Clinique toner & DDMGel. I spot treat any blemishes twice a day w Clinique acne solutions 2% salicylic acid gel. I don't notice any over dryness since I added the soap into my routine again. It makes a difference using this!! I got mine from Macys.com coz Sephora only has oil control soaps for males & Mild Version of this bar. I swear by Clinique skincare! I was getting kind of lax w using the soap & liquid soap together but it all works together I don't suggest more than #2 on the toners becoz they overstrip #1 really is quite sufficient or even better is their alcohol free toner which has salicylic acid/witch hazel.

on 11/21/2016 10:03:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Got this to alternate with my Rodan and Fields acne cleanser. It does such a good job at making me feel fresh and clean while actually absorbing all of my excess oil. The best part is that I can use this on my eye area with no stinging or irritation. The fact that this is fragrance free and comes in a cute little dish to hold makes this now a staple in my skincare.

on 8/1/2016 11:14:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

I had very oily skin, acne prone in my teens. I used this as part of the 3 step system, as recommended by the staff at Clinique.

It dried out my skin terribly. My skin then increased oil production to compensate the lack of oil. So my skin was ridiculously dry/taut but it would also look like you could cook an egg on my face, especially around my T zone. I persisted for a month because I wanted to give it a go. The problem got worse and worse.

Absolutely do not recommend this product, or the Clinique 3 step system. This soap is too harsh.

on 6/11/2014 10:24:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

Love this soap. I have sensitive oily skin.
This soap rinses clean no wax film, skin has cleared up after using a cheaper face wash. Worth every cent face feels clean and feels soft. Love the tray and the bar is huge. Used Clinuque for years and never used the soap. My skin has never felt cleaner no break outs no blackheads. Will never switch to another brand. So glad to be using my beloved Clinique again. Can't go wrong with this product will buy again.

on 11/16/2015 3:15:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

Hg cleanser!! Loveeeeee it!

on 7/18/2014 9:05:00 PM

Skin: Other, Medium, Not Sure

Hated this soap. Left a weird film on my face, was super drying, stung my eyes & made me break out. Much much much prefer the extra mild bar. In fact, that's the only Clinique bar I like. Try that instead, even with oily skin. It does a great job at cleaning but doesn't irritate like the other bars.

on 11/6/2014 8:35:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

I use this soap morning and evening after after removing make up. After trying many products over the years I've found it is the best for my slightly oily skin & leaves it feeling great.