REVLON Orange Flip

Filtered by eye Color : Black
REVLON Orange Flip
Revlon Orange Flip LipstickRevlon Moon DropsRevlon's Moon Drops Lipstick in Orange Flip

1 review

Here in Australia, this lipstick comes in a beautiful old fashioned gold tube. The lipstick smells vaguely of violets, which is really nice in an old-fashioned sort of way; the smell and packaging remind me of the type of make-up my mother used to wear in the early 1980s. This is really beautiful packaging for something you can buy at the drug store, I really like the packaging. In Australia, this lipstick costs around $25, but that is still $10 less than a MAC lipstick here (we get robbed here, everything is so expensive for no reason -- actually, it's because of the stupid import tax, which also raises the price of locally made cosmetics because of competition).

Now on to the lipstick itself. The colour is pretty much a dead ringer for MAC "Morange". But the wear of the lipstick is longer -- it leaves a stain when it wears off -- the texture is creamier, and the sharp slanted shape of the lipstick in the tube is useful for lining your lips. I have almost no complaints about this beautiful, fiercely bright, extremely pigmented, orange-red. It fulfills all of my retro quirks when I'm feeling retro quirky.

The only problem with "Orange Flip" is that I'm Asian and when I get tanned, I tan orange and then turn brown and then peel... well not really brown, more like the colour of woodland mushrooms. This basically means that in the dead of winter, my skin is very pale with a slight green undertone. Now that I've made myself sound like some sort of space creature, what I'm trying to say is that I have an olive undertone that (most of the time) leans towards the cool side of the skin colour spectrum. "Orange Flip" makes me look really, really green. I have to wear this lipstick with quite a bit of make up in order to make it work. It's not like NARS "All Night Long", a purpley-rose gloss, that I can simply throw on with no concealor or blush and waltz out the door in the morning.

"Orange Flip" is a fussy colour, so if you're olive-skinned, you might want to see if you can pick it up when you have cupons so that you don't spend too much money. This tube of lipstick will probably last me a long time because I'm not going to use it often. But I will be eagerly investigating other lipsticks in this line.