REVLON Orange Flip

Filtered by eye Color : Brown
REVLON Orange Flip
Revlon Orange Flip LipstickRevlon Moon DropsRevlon's Moon Drops Lipstick in Orange Flip

4.4

on 7/31/2014 6:41:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

This is seriously one of my all-time favorite reds. This really suits anybody with a warm complexion. I am NC25 with naturally dark lips, dark eyes and dark hair. This color complements my coloring REALLY well and makes me feel so confident. I don't pull very much orange from it (my lips are more brown) but it becomes a gorgeous bright red that gets noticed. I wear it in varying layers depending on the time of day and occasion, but I use it all year 'round. Some might find it to be a warm-weather color though.

Unlike my yellow self, my mom is pink-toned and brown-haired and this did not suit her at all. So I only recommend this for women of a warm complexion! I just hate how hard it is to find in stores.. The moondrops formula might be in the process of being discontinued. I hate the plasticky perfume fragrance, but overall it's a great find. Comparable to MAC Lady Danger!

on 12/18/2013 1:20:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Other, Wavy, Fine

This lipstick is AMAZING. The color is bold and beautiful, but I can put this on in less than a minute--no need to prep my lips, reach for lip liner, or factor in time for clean-up. The formula is creamy and moisturizing. Of all my lipsticks, this is the one that most lends itself to daily wear.

Plus I get compliments pretty much every time I wear this lipstick--it's absolutely fantastic on pale skinned, dark-eyed girls.

Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm

Hair: Brown, Kinky, Coarse

Saw this lipstick on youtube vlogger The Happy Hair show. Love the shade and managed to purchase from the states as it is not available in the UK. I love it and can't wait to style with an outfit in the summer

on 2/6/2013 10:18:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

The color is gorgous. But I can not stand the taste of it. Yuck. Just make me want to puke.

on 10/8/2012 3:15:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

I never would have guessed a reddish tangerine lipstick would look great on me, but I found this on clearance and took a chance, and it's now one of my favorite colors of all time. It's so bright without being obnoxious, and on my lips it's pretty close to true orange with a warm red tone, and it's satiny without any frost.

Like all the other Moon Drops I've tried it feels fairly moisturizing, not the smoothest but less dry than Revlon's Lusterous line. Plus I've always been a sucker for the green tube of Moon Drops. But this is the one color out of all of them that I now can't do without.

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

What's particularly great about this lipstick is that it is sheer and also buildable. I like bright lipcolors but a lipstick like NARS heat wave I would only wear at night. This is a perfect bright daytime lipstick, because it's creamy and sheer (although you can add layers to make it brighter). Like most revlon lipsticks it has a plastic smell and taste, and like creamy lipsticks, it's not very longlasting. But, it's easy to wear and cheap. Be warned though, this lipstick oxidizes VERY pink. So it sort of alternates between an orange and a hot pink.

on 6/20/2012 10:05:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

UPDATE: Wet 'n Wild Purty Persimmon is a more pigmented matte dupe of this, I've already swatched them on my hand and lips. Sorry for no pics, but take my word on it.

I look so bright and happy with this lipstick, so much better than any red I've tried. This is the 'red lip' effect/look I've always wanted to be able to pull off, even if it's from an orange. Red looks so clownish and is hard for me to pull off unless it's very sheer. I guess I've always wanted orange lips then, lol. For color combinations, I pair this with Wet N Wild Brulee, a matte brown crease shade, and light peach-coral blush :) Easy and trust me, you will just look so happy and radiant.

on 4/9/2012 10:40:00 PM

Skin: Other, Medium, Not Sure

I picked up orange flip after reading so many reviews and watching youtube. I love the color, on my pigmented lips it shows up as a nice bright orange/red. The packaging is a nice solid plastic my biggest issue with this is the scent and taste; so many commented on how it reminded them of their moms or grandmothers, well, my mom didn't wear anything that smelled like this so there isn't any nostalgia here for me and I am pretty sensitive to scents - my husband said I smelled like old lady and wouldn't kiss me. There is also a strange taste, in the end this was the color is I wanted but could not get over the scent and had to return it.The color is so pretty and it has nice texture, if you can find it on sale it's not a bad price...I wouldn't pay more than $5 for this. If you are like me and want a nice orange/red you could give Mac Morange or Bite in Zinfendel a try, they are a little more pricey but no funky scent or taste.

on 4/9/2012 6:34:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Cool

I heard of this lipstick through a recent news article about how orange lipstick is the new trend. Orange Flip was one of the lipsticks the article mentioned. It is awesome! The shade complements my warm undertones very well. The texture is very creamy and the color just pops. I'm thinking about trying MAC's Morange to compare, but Revlon's Orange Flip is a wonderful and affordable way to achieve the orange lipstick fad. I hope this shade stays after that fad is gone. In fact, I don't see it as a fad. Orange lips is a great alternative to the classical red lipstick, just like nudes and pinks!

on 3/2/2012 4:18:00 AM

This lipstick is SUCH a classic. The color is oddly flattering, although you are truly getting ORANGE. Not red-orange, or coral, or pinkish-orange. Nope, it's orange! I love it. I love the smell of these lipsticks, the packaging, everything. They've been around forever, and I remember my great-grandmother wearing them, although her favorite shade was a frosty pink color. My aunt, on the other hand, rocked this color for decades, apparently, and I remember being very young and watching her apply it. She looked amazing in it with her bright blue eyes that became brighter as soon as she put this on, and it made her skin look like porcelain. I have a different skin-tone but I like to think I look as nice as she did! It seems to bring out the green in my eyes and shows off the warmth of my coloring. I think of my aunt and grandma every time I put this on and it makes me smile, something about the smell just brings back so much nostalgia for me.